Oceania Wait List ???

Empehi

Many of the more desirable Oceania itineraries and cabin categories are wait listed.

Does anyone have a feel how often someone can clear a wait-list?

Would it happen usually anytime or more likely very near final payment?

Does having a deposit on your wait-list  dramatically increase your chance of clearing the wait-list?

I realize each cruise is unique but any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same question.  We have been waitlisted for over a year on a May, 2022 trip. Sure hope that we don't pay >$40,000 before the final payment date & then learn that no cabins become available.  😒

it is  hard to say  what things will be  post Covid  

A lot are booking into 2022 to use up their FCC from cancelled cruises

Some of the ships might be wailisted  for cruise this year as they will probably be limited capacity  cruises

Pre Covid  you might clear the waitlist  depending on if you deposited  or not  & how many people are ahead of you 

I would  check  about a month or so before final payment date  to see where you are on the list

These days   who knows

JMO

1 hour ago, Norseh2o said:

I have the same question.  We have been waitlisted for over a year on a May, 2022 trip. Sure hope that we don't pay >$40,000 before the final payment date & then learn that no cabins become available.  😒

We are also considering a deposit for a waitlisted cruise.  We were told that we Must put down a deposit of $1,500 for at least one passenger, but then can add the second passenger if a stateroom becomes available.  

I'm a bit confused about your statement re: final payment.  Can you clarify?  This would be our first Oceania cruise, so any helpful hints would be appreciated.

Kathryn and Jack

There is a waitlist and a priority waitlist.  You get on the priority waitlist if you placed a deposit or fully paid for a cabin on that cruise(I.E. you have a confirmed cabin).  As expected your position on the waitlist is in the order received.  On the two cruises I've booked: first cruise I'm number 11 for a PH1 and number 3 for A1(booked in a A3 currently). Second cruise I'm number 17 for PH1, PH2, PH3(booked in an A2 currently.

Edited by davencl

14 minutes ago, vegasjandk said:

We are also considering a deposit for a waitlisted cruise.  We were told that we Must put down a deposit of $1,500 for at least one passenger, but then can add the second passenger if a stateroom becomes available.  

Was this  info from  a TA or Oceania directly?

I have never booked  a w/l 

I would think  that   deposit would cover  2 pax

Usually $750 PP based on double Occupancy   

9 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

The cruises we are on all required a $1,500 per person deposit. 

2 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

You do not have to pay the final payment if you are on the waitlist. Once you clear the waitlist, and it is after the final payment date, then you must make the full payment. If you place a deposit to be on the waitlist and you do not clear the waitlist, then the deposit is returned to you. You will not be out of any money if you place a deposit to increase your place on the waitlist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davencl said:

There is a waitlist and a priority waitlist.  You get on the priority waitlist if you placed a deposit or fully paid for a cabin on that cruise(I.E. you have a confirmed cabin).  As expected your position on the waitlist is in the order received.  On the two cruises I've booked: first cruise I'm number 11 for a PH1 and number 3 for A1(booked in a A3 currently). Second cruise I'm number 17 for PH1, PH2, PH3(booked in an A2 currently.

Dont understand your IE if you are waitlisted you DO NOT have a cabin

Jancruz1

Oceania newbies. If you are already booked on a cruise, say that A-1 and Hoping for that PH to magically open up, if you are in the teens on the list, keep 🙏🙏 because that is a big jump, especially if it is a 2021 trip. Into 2022, keep 🙏 and just maybe it will happen but you ought to Waitlist all PH categories, not just the PH -1. If I understood your post, you are booked and deposited, you just want to Upgrade, correct?
The question about depositing or not depositing, YOU WANT THE PRIORITY WAITLIST position, DEPOSIT. A cruise 14 days or less would require a $750 pp deposit. If a longer cruise or a Back 2 Back, it is $1500 pp. The suggestion from your TA is a Deposit work around to save you some money initially to establish a booking at a stateroom level for a Single person (payment) and you can always add a second person to your booking. 

There are lots of knowledgeable Oceania cruise veterans, 10, 20, 30, 40+ on this post so ask any questions anytime.  
Gerry and Bonnie

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

Dont understand your IE if you are waitlisted you DO NOT have a cabin

Jancruz1

I DO have a cabin.  I am on the waitlist for an upgraded cabin that was not available when I booked.

58 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Oceania newbies. If you are already booked on a cruise, say that A-1 and Hoping for that PH to magically open up, if you are in the teens on the list, keep 🙏🙏 because that is a big jump, especially if it is a 2021 trip. Into 2022, keep 🙏 and just maybe it will happen but you ought to Waitlist all PH categories, not just the PH -1. If I understood your post, you are booked and deposited, you just want to Upgrade, correct?
The question about depositing or not depositing, YOU WANT THE PRIORITY WAITLIST position, DEPOSIT. A cruise 14 days or less would require a $750 pp deposit. If a longer cruise or a Back 2 Back, it is $1500 pp. The suggestion from your TA is a Deposit work around to save you some money initially to establish a booking at a stateroom level for a Single person (payment) and you can always add a second person to your booking. 

There are lots of knowledgeable Oceania cruise veterans, 10, 20, 30, 40+ on this post so ask any questions anytime.  
Gerry and Bonnie

Yes I am not expecting an upgrade but don't care much if I do. In the first case I am looking to get closer to the middle of the ship.  Will still be a great trip either way.

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

Gerry and Bonnie

Thanks to everyone for the good info.  The waitlist we are thinking about is for a 20 day cruise, therefore, the $1500 deposit.  All this info was given to us by an Oceania rep. This cruise is in 2022.  I'm sure we'll have more questions going forward!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vegasjandk said:

Thanks to everyone for the good info.  The waitlist we are thinking about is for a 20 day cruise, therefore, the $1500 deposit.  All this info was given to us by an Oceania rep. This cruise is in 2022.  I'm sure we'll have more questions going forward!

Just so you know you do not have a cabin yet..

Jancruz1

12 hours ago, Empehi said:

Many of the more desirable Oceania itineraries and cabin categories are wait listed.

Does anyone have a feel how often someone can clear a wait-list?

Would it happen usually anytime or more likely very near final payment?

Does having a deposit on your wait-list  dramatically increase your chance of clearing the wait-list?

I realize each cruise is unique but any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

How would you get on the “wait list” without having placed a deposit?

13 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

How would you get on the “wait list” without having placed a deposit?

AFAIK

You can be on a wait list without a deposit

to be on the priority wait list  you  need to deposit

12 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

$40,000????? 

11 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Longer cruises are more than $750 deposit.

5 minutes ago, davencl said:

From what I've seen $40,000 is for the inside cabins on the long cruise's.  🙂

The poster said “we.” So, that would most likely be 2 folks at $20K each. Depending on itinerary, it could be all sorts of days/cabins (e.g., 6+\- weeks in A or B or PH).

10 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Longer cruises are more than $750 deposit.

you are late to the party 

yes Grand voyages  require a larger deposit 

Top suites require 20% deposit

I understand those who go on a wait list for a full category for a cruise or a full cruise.

What happens to those who are on the cruise but have waitlisted for a different category? eg concierge waitlisted for PH. If a Ph opens are they given priority?