Fake vaccine cards

1 minute ago, NightOne said:

So you are an expert on how long it takes to develop a vaccine? We're working with supercomputers these days and they can do things a little faster than when the polio vaccine finally came along in the 1950s.

What just really gets me is the mentality that these people have that THEIR life is so important to the world. We are a grain of sand in the universe and mean nothing. We die tomorrow and the world keeps on rolling on. Who are these people that think THEY are SO special that there can be no risk to their precious existence.

100 Years ago none of us were even on this planet and 100 years from now we won't be either.

I think this vaccine has proved how self-important people think they are SMH

I don't believe the poster thinks they are an expert. Or at least they did not express this. The lives of 'those people' that are non vaxed are just as important as the lives of those people that died because of covid. The purpose of the vaccine is to save lives and to prevent the deaths of all of 'the grains of sand'. 

Here's another one for you... I mean since we're working with 'super computers' and everything, right? One would think by now that with the trillions of $$$ spent, and the decades long time of research, that cancer would surely have been cured by now. But it hasn't. So yes, comparatively speaking, it does make one stop to question when seeing how quickly that a vaccine was developed, approved, distributed, and administered.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, tcrandal said:

Fact: People are trying to forget and pretend the last 15 months didn't happen and avoid the reality of the situation that we just had one of the worst pandemics in history of humankind. 

Fact: People die every day. It is a fact of life.

When the dust settles we are going to find that these Covid deaths numbers are BS and inflated.

Regardless of that the ONLY reason covid had any significance is because it has caused fatalities in the elderly, immunocompromised, and pre-existing medical condition populations.

If covid did not cause fatalities we would have ignored it. We probably could have ignored it and had a better outcome than we did.

However, our leaders, politicians, and other know-it-alls are idiots and tackled this the wrong way.

First, let me give a comparable example. September 11th (aka 9/11) could have been prevented by what?

You can name a million things but I'll name just one. Cockpit doors! If the cockpits doors could not have been breached by the hijackers then 9/11 cannot happen. It is simple as that. In fact that was ONE of the solutions they reluctantly implemented after 9/11. All of the other stuff was just theater. You can say but but but ... but that is a fact. No entry into cockpits = no 9/11.

Back to covid. We know that 80% of the covid deaths are people over 65. We know that 94% of the covid deaths list a co-morbidity and the other 6% have a suspected but unidentified co-morbidity. We know that people who are immunocompromised are at risk as well. This makes up the vulnerable population.

So the RIGHT way to have attacked this would have to have spent ALL effort in isolating, quarantining, and protecting THOSE populations. A large number of covid deaths were in nursing homes (around 50% at one time). The government should have stepped in and addressed that in the beginning. People in those groups should have been given support, housing, money, or whatever it took to get them through the few months it would have taken covid to run its course.

Instead of destroying our economy, way of life, and our liberties but mandating ridiculous mask mandates on young healthy populations we should have spent all the money on the people that actually COULD die from covid. We should have let the young and healthy do their normal routine, spread covid to others who are not going to die from it, and let the whole thing run out of people to infect in a short period of time. (maybe those chicken pox parties years ago were a good idea)

Unfortunately, we had the same stupid inaccurate over-reaction to covid as we did to 9/11. We never learn and I doubt we ever will.

No let us go cruising now.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Bottom line......It would not be a good idea to attempt to falsify Covid vaccine records. You will be caught if you become ill on a cruise ship and you have no official record of immunization.

Is someone trying to do this? Have you heard of this happening? Who? Link?

Or perhps you're just thinking that RCL is going to mandate the all passengers be vaccinated and therefore you assume your passion to board a ship must be the same levels of non vaxed folks to do the same and so you are just fanning the flames of that non vaxed folks are bad people and would actually try this? 

24 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Just a hunch, but I think you may be incorrect about that. In fact, the more people who refuse to be vaccinated, the protocol for proof of vaccine just may continue for years to come. I don't have a crystal ball so, surely I don't know what is in our future but I surely would like to see vaccine proof for at least a year or two.

Has anyone ask you to prove you have been vaccinated? Restaurant? Gym? Salon? Theatre? Anywhere?

21 hours ago, Cigar King said:

I'd suggest that the card you got when you received your shot(s) was just intended to be a record of your transactions, not some sort of passport.  

I was told that the card contains the name of the manufaturer and the Lot # in case there is a problem with that lot. The person receiving the vaccine would be able to identify if there were a problem with their lot of vaccine. Also.....that card also served as a reminder when you second shot was scheduled for. That information was listed on the back of the card.

38 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I know you must be joking with this comment and it is tongue in cheek. Right?

To all those chip conspiracy theorists out there.........The idea of a chip injected with the vaccine is a very silly conspiracy theory. I don't know how many people actually believe that could be a possibility but they are not thinking it through. I'm not sure how small a microchip can be but how ever small it is, can it fit through that small lumen of the needle? I have my sincere doubts.

Also: How can it be guaranteed that each dose of vaccine, which is drawn up from a multi dose vial, will have one of those chips in it? Answer: It cannot be guaranteed. So.....give it up about this micro chip stuff.

I think it's fascinating how conspiracy theory folks determine which ones they are going to believe.

One day, there's a person saying 'no way in he$$ I'm going to put that poison in my body', and they are very proud to tell you.  The next day you see them in a line to get vaccinated because they'll get their name entered into a drawing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2021 at 10:45 AM, jp2746 said:

Regardless if you believe this is happening or not, be kind to vaccinated and unvaccinated people. It’s okay to disagree but it’s not okay to hate or wish ill  on others because of their vaccination status.

This post got several likes, and that troubles me.  If you want to believe that the earth is flat, fine.  If you want to believe that the moon landings were faked, go for it.  Believing in those things really doesn't affect others.  But giving people a pass for not getting vaccinated because they believe in some conspiracy theory?  No way.

Fake cards are being sold.  People are buying them for a reason.  One of those reasons will be cruising and international travel.  We're supposed to say 'that's ok, we just disagree'?  Not in this case.  No pass should be given on this one.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I was told that the card contains the name of the manufaturer and the Lot # in case there is a problem with that lot. The person receiving the vaccine would be able to identify if there were a problem with their lot of vaccine. Also.....that card also served as a reminder when you second shot was scheduled for. That information was listed on the back of the card.

That information is on our CDC Vaccination cards.  

28 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Fact: People die every day. It is a fact of life.

When the dust settles we are going to find that these Covid deaths numbers are BS and inflated.

Regardless of that the ONLY reason covid had any significance is because it has caused fatalities in the elderly, immunocompromised, and pre-existing medical condition populations.

If covid did not cause fatalities we would have ignored it. We probably could have ignored it and had a better outcome than we did.

However, our leaders, politicians, and other know-it-alls are idiots and tackled this the wrong way.

First, let me give a comparable example. September 11th (aka 9/11) could have been prevented by what?

You can name a million things but I'll name just one. Cockpit doors! If the cockpits doors could not have been breached by the hijackers then 9/11 cannot happen. It is simple as that. In fact that was ONE of the solutions they reluctantly implemented after 9/11. All of the other stuff was just theater. You can say but but but ... but that is a fact. No entry into cockpits = no 9/11.

Back to covid. We know that 80% of the covid deaths are people over 65. We know that 94% of the covid deaths list a co-morbidity and the other 6% have a suspected but unidentified co-morbidity. We know that people who are immunocompromised are at risk as well. This makes up the vulnerable population.

So the RIGHT way to have attacked this would have to have spent ALL effort in isolating, quarantining, and protecting THOSE populations. A large number of covid deaths were in nursing homes (around 50% at one time). The government should have stepped in and addressed that in the beginning. People in those groups should have been given support, housing, money, or whatever it took to get them through the few months it would have taken covid to run its course.

Instead of destroying our economy, way of life, and our liberties but mandating ridiculous mask mandates on young healthy populations we should have spent all the money on the people that actually COULD die from covid. We should have let the young and healthy do their normal routine, spread covid to others who are not going to die from it, and let the whole thing run out of people to infect in a short period of time. (maybe those chicken pox parties years ago were a good idea)

Unfortunately, we had the same stupid inaccurate over-reaction to covid as we did to 9/11. We never learn and I doubt we ever will.

No let us go cruising now.

We will never know true numbers. My Dad's Cousin in her 60's with Heart Disease Died last Friday from Heart Failure. Tested Positive for Covid but had no symptoms of Covid. Covid Death? 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, tcrandal said:

Well, I for one cannot wait until my cruise at the end of August, where, I won't be offended when I have to show a piece of paper that says I was vaccinated. Lots of very sensitive people I guess can't handle that. I find it odd, but in today's world, not surprising that people look for things to be outraged against! :classic_wacko:

Agree. The only people who are balking at having to show proof of vaccination are those people who have not been vaccinated. I, can not, for the life of me, understand why anyone who has been vaccinated would not be willing to show proof of that vaccination. Being vaccinated is everything to be proud about. Being vaccinated proves that you have done your part to stamp out this virus and prevent the virus from mutating and creating those pesky variants. That is something to be very proud of, not something to want to hide.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, tcrandal said:

Yep, Red Cross is requiring it as well of employees in NY if they are to go mask-less. The place I work, they are doing the honor system, so many places are still feeling out their way in unchartered territories. 

The honor system is a joke. I would not trust that at all.

Here in Florida, as everyone is certainly aware, we can not be required to show proof of vaccine. Having said that, when I entered my doctor's office today, there was a sign on the door, " NO MASKS REQUIRED FOR VACCINATED PEOPLE". The only people in that building that I saw with a mask were the young folks. So nice to be able to walk into a doctor's office maskless. It was a great feeling.

As an aside.....my temperature was still taken.

7 hours ago, ace2542 said:

I don't mean like ban the people they are with. I mean ban the lying passenger from the entire cruise company. So if caught lying to board Cunard for instance you get banned from all 7 carnival group cruise lines, Cunard, P&O, Costa etc. If caught for Royal you get banned from Royal and Celeb and whatever else they own.

@ACE That is how I understood your comments about the cruise lines "groupings".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mek said:

And I don't understand how people can't accept the "deaths above normal" facts.  It's pretty easy to look at the stats and see how many deaths occurred that were above the norm, (which includes all causes of death.). There were huge spikes all over the world.

Agree. I also don't understand how people can just ignore how our health care system was overwhelmed in large cities across our country. Did those people cover their eyes and cover their ears when those horrendous images were on our television screens? In my lifetime, our health care system has never been overwhelmed to that degree if at all. That should alert anyone who has doubt about these Covid numbers that something was amiss to our normal.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Has anyone ask you to prove you have been vaccinated? Restaurant? Gym? Salon? Theatre? Anywhere?

None of those have asked me to fill out a medical history asking if I’d vomited or had diarrhea in the past 24 hours. Cruising is fundamentally different. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Fair question. I've tried to explain my position but there is so much nasty rhetoric that I guess it gets missed. First do know that I have a vaccination card. Pfizer to be exact and from CVS. I very proud that I got the vax as well. I did so at the need for my health as I'm one that seems to get a severe nasal & chest colds every year, multiple times and they linger as well. Having said that, I did not want to get the vax as I do feel the testing has been rushed through too  quickly. I suppose the need to rush it was important but I just did not want to be that 'guniea pig' guy. But with Covid attacking the lungs, I knew if I got covid, it would not be good. So I weighed the risks/rewards and decided when the opportunity presented itself I would vax up. I didn't get the two jabs as 'doing something for our country' or to 'go on a cruise', or whatever. I feel those reasons are wrong but it's their arms, their choices. I accept everyone's reasons for gertt the vax or not getting the vax. I'm who I am. I'm vaxed up for personal reasons. I feel like that if someone is offering a service or product to mankind in general, then I should not, and most will likely not prove I'm worthy to the provider of these services. I feel the process of seperating us as a people is bad enough as it is. The only reason any provider of product and service can justify his/her refusal of service to me is their religous beliefs. Other reasons are simply... wrong. 

I think there is a legitimate concern of those that do not want to be vaccinated. The fear factor was cranked up to a mega level to scare millions of people over covid. The fear fastor is now turning towards our fellow citizens and I do not like this or accept it. It's just wrong. I truly believe if we go down the path of vaxed and unvaxed classes of people, we'll all look back one day and be very ashamed of what we have done. So far there has not been a single place of business has requested proof of vaccination or services from me. Perhaps it's because I'm in Texas. I don't know. But I see that there are others that have been forced to get the vaccine to keep their employment, go to an office, etc. That is a shame. Prior to covid these same people were accepted, now they are not. 

I'm pretty sure I'll have some that'll attack me etc. for my thoughts but I don't care. I'm like them, vaxed up ready to cruise but just have a different way of looking at things. 

I thank you for being so candid and I respect how you feel. I don't necessarily agree with your feelings but that is what makes each and every person an individual.

46 minutes ago, jtwind said:

This post got several likes, and that troubles me.  If you want to believe that the earth is flat, fine.  If you want to believe that the moon landings were faked, go for it.  Believing in those things really doesn't affect others.  But giving people a pass for not getting vaccinated because they believe in some conspiracy theory?  No way.

Fake cards are being sold.  People are buying them for a reason.  One of those reasons will be cruising and international travel.  We're supposed to say 'that's ok, we just disagree'?  Not in this case.  No pass should be given on this one.

I think you're missing it....people are buying them because the government along w/ the media as set into motion that vaccinations must happen. Do you not believe your vaccination is good enough to protect you? I do. It's why I got it. As a result, I have no worries going anywhere w/ vaxed or unvaxed people. In fact, tomorrow I'm going to attend a MLB baseball game w/ two people that are non vaxed. We'll sit next to one another for the full game and then do dinner as well. I have no fear of doing this. If you are still concened or worried about being around others that are non-vaxed after getting your vaccine, you should not get on a ship. Or go out to dinner... go to a ballgame, movie, or anywhere for that matter.  

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

None of those have asked me to fill out a medical history asking if I’d vomited or had diarrhea in the past 24 hours. Cruising is fundamentally different. 

LOL... which is the biggest joke around the cruise terminal. A family spends thousands of $$$ and then gets asked these two questions  literally a minute before they cross the gang plank. These are CYA questions and we all know it. 

3 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

We'll sit next to one another for the full game and then do dinner as well. I have no fear of doing this. I

If they catch Covid watching the game, they won’t cancel the rest of the game and quarantine everybody in the stadium.  Cruising is different. 

On 6/1/2021 at 7:08 AM, Goodtime Cruizin said:

... This whole ordeal is being overblown big time. 

Overblown in what way? Have not millions died in the last fifteen months? What would have been a more appropriate response?

On 6/1/2021 at 9:43 AM, bouhunter said:

FYI, it's been known for months that masks don't protect you...........

It's been known for more than a hundred years that mask wearing will reduce transmission of airborne diseases.

23 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Sounds like you need to relax and not let the "screaming masses" get to you so much.  Enjoy the mask.

It does seem an extreme position, but didnyou consider that some people have risk factors the require such behavior?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, broberts said:

Overblown in what way? Have not millions died in the last fifteen months? What would have been a more appropriate response?

It's been known for more than a hundred years that mask wearing will reduce transmission of airborne diseases.

It does seem an extreme position, but didnyou consider that some people have risk factors the require such behavior?

Once again, the mark was missed. "The whole ordeal is being overblown big time".... is in reference to Fake Vaccine Cards. To my knowlege and correct me if I'm wrong, fake Vaccine Cards to board a cruise ship has not been used or at least a maor problem. Further, there is no policy in place that would even make this a desirable choice at this point. But here we are posting in a thread that villifes non vaxed people & accusing them of using fake cards.  Yes... it is indeed all over blown. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

If they catch Covid watching the game, they won’t cancel the rest of the game and quarantine everybody in the stadium.  Cruising is different. 

If this is truly your concern and I have no reason to doubt you, then you really should not get on that ship just yet. It's still too early. Because vax or no vax, covid will get on that ship. 

2 hours ago, NightOne said:

Did someone change the channel to CNN? Can we change it to something else?

How about diversity if new sources? I get my news from CNN, NBC, FOX, ABC and the BBC. Why not hear both sides?  I can tell you this….. these news sources will hold off reporting breaking news if it does not fit their agenda. I’ve seen it time and time again. It is not a good idea to stick only to new sources that side with your agenda and beliefs. That is how people become very uninformed. Listen to both sides and the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Once again, the mark was missed. "The whole ordeal is being overblown big time".... is in reference to Fake Vaccine Cards. To my knowlege and correct me if I'm wrong, fake Vaccine Cards to board a cruise ship has not been used or at least a maor problem. Further, there is no policy stating in place that would even make this a desirable choice at this point. But here we are posting in a trhread that villifes non vaxed people accusing them of using fake cards.  Yes... it is indeed all over blown. 

Ah, I must of missed something. I agree, fake documentation should not be a concern of other passengers. 

• Like 1