Fake vaccine cards

I’m going to get crushed for this but here it goes.  I am only posting because I care and not to cause problems. Otherwise I would just let it go.  

Please stop allowing the powers that be to win.  Please.  They have tried to turn us against each other forever because we have different color skin. The absolute stupidest reason in the world to assess a persons character.  Now they are using the vaccine to split us. The vaccinated think unvaccinated people are selfish and uninformed.  The unvaccinated think the vaccinated are sheep and uninformed.  Stop falling into the trap.  We don’t have these feelings about the flu vaccine.   It kills thousands of people a year.  Just stop.  Care about people and do kind things for others.  Stop allowing them to turn us against each other.  Regardless if you believe this is happening or not, be kind to vaccinated and unvaccinated people. It’s okay to disagree but it’s not okay to hate or wish ill  on others because of their vaccination status. 

stepping down off my soapbox now. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, gmerick said:

The mask I wear (a 3M P100 dual filter with attached P100 exhale filter) does protect me.  The cosmetic virtue signaling fashion statements so in vogue by the screaming masses do nothing except make a (misleading) political announcement.

Even the CDC has said masks with exhale valves don't work against covid.

2 hours ago, vandals04 said:

There would be nothing funny about someone carrying COVID onboard, infecting the crew, infecting the kids, infecting other adult passengers

What other passengers?  If the rest of us are vxd along with the crew...they have said they are all going to be vxd.  Hey, it's their choice, if they want to play Russian Roulette, let them, I'm safe.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

They won't ask for vaccination status. They'll just look for the microchip like they do stray dogs.

Come on Smokey, you know better than that...I have faith in your smarts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Do you have a link that states that every RCI cruises needs vaccinated cruisers only?

Look at the current contract, they can do anything they want to and you must comply.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I was kind of surprised there wasn't a spot to upload a scan of your card. That'll be a pain to do upon checkin.

I was expecting that myself, and glad to provide it, but my checkin won't come for a while yet.

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

News to me. Last I saw rcl didnt have a policy from the US. I actually think the policy will be unvaccinated so children can cruise.

There would be no reason to be applying for mock cruises if they were doing vaccinated. 

I would guess you are seeing alaska and thinking that was the overall USA policy. 

OK, good luck with that

15 hours ago, Rolla4fun said:

Hello all!

First of all I do NOT want to start a debate on getting/not getting the COVID-19 vaccine. Royal Caribbean is requiring everyone to be fully vaccinated to board their ships. I am wondering how the cruise lines are going to verify if the vaccine cards provided are legitimate since there is not currently a vaccine passport. Anyone can make or purchase “fake” vaccine cards these days. 

Royal going fully vaccinated? First we have heard of it? There has been conversation how they will not register their ships for 95% vaccination requirement.

But in either case you do make a valid point and it will be near impossible to confirm overseas as my Doctor would not speak to Royal even if they could my practice on the phone without being on hold for 40 minutes.

14 hours ago, gmerick said:

Don't care if folks aren't vaccinated.  It's a risk they decide to take.  Doesn't affect me.  I'll mask where I need to protect myself.  I'll avoid situations that look risky.  If I choose to get vaccinated, that's a matter between me and my nurse practitioner.  Scream all you want about how you want everyone else to protect you, and I'll happily ignore you.  If cruising is to risky for you, you're welcome to stay home cooped up in your virus proof bubble.  As for me, I'm getting on with life.  Quit screaming about vaccines, and masks, and distancing, and mandates, and all the crazy worthless laws that have ruined our economy over the past year plus.

While I agree with some of your sentiment I would also add:

You don't want to get vaccinated then fine that is your choice but don't expect the cruise lines to accommodate you as an unvaccinated passenger or allow you to cruise.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Rolla4fun said:

Hello all!

First of all I do NOT want to start a debate on getting/not getting the COVID-19 vaccine. Royal Caribbean is requiring everyone to be fully vaccinated to board their ships. I am wondering how the cruise lines are going to verify if the vaccine cards provided are legitimate since there is not currently a vaccine passport. Anyone can make or purchase “fake” vaccine cards these days. 

I think anyone caught with or selling fake vaccine cards should face 5 years in Federal prison. 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

For years when Serenade was doing the 10/11 Southern Caribbean during the months of Jan through March, I watched as more and more people developed colds, bronchitis and some pneumonia

All the more reason to have masks for life not just for Christmas.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NightOne said:

I think anyone caught with or selling fake vaccine cards should face 5 years in Federal prison. 😉

Why not 10 or 20 years you do do justice right in America in terms of jailing people. And for the non americans in this thread or coming to this thread. There is no parole in the Federal Prison system.

Edited by ace2542

4 hours ago, Fabulous97 said:

We have proof on our NHS app and a QR code in the UK. Cards will not be accepted from Southampton when cruising restarts in July.

I thought vaccine passport has been scrapped?

And how will the American check in staff at Bayonne for instance know that the App is not a fake? I am sure there will be fake apps you can download or create? Not that I know much about I Phones and that kind of thing.

1 hour ago, jp2746 said:

I’m going to get crushed for this but here it goes.  I am only posting because I care and not to cause problems. Otherwise I would just let it go.  

Please stop allowing the powers that be to win.  Please.  They have tried to turn us against each other forever because we have different color skin. The absolute stupidest reason in the world to assess a persons character.  Now they are using the vaccine to split us.

The vaccinated think unvaccinated people are selfish and uninformed.  ....

It's not the "powers that be", it's our fellow human beings. So stop blaming some mysterious "powers the be" for human's failings. 100% of these failings are the responsibility of normal, everyday, humans. These failings were here well before the development of any 'powers that be" and will be here long after those "powers that be" are long gone. 

Blaming our failing on some "powers that be" is just a cop-out.

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Do you have a link that states that every RCI cruises needs vaccinated cruisers only?  I believe that the 95% rule is in place for the Alaska cruises only and no official list has been mentioned as to whether individual ships sailing the Caribbean will be taking the test cruise route or the 95% route.

You can hope that the small percentage of unvaccinated that Royal is allowing will be allocated to unvaxxed adults, but I think you will find yourself disappointed if the AOS policy is an indicator.  As soon as there was an emergency use authorization for kids over 12 to be vaccinated, the Royal policy was changed to reflect that on AOS sailings.  

Do you have a link that states RCI will definitely allow unvaccinated adults?

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

It was 72% effective in USA trials, which is nearly twice as effective as a typical seasonal flu shot. But it was also 85% effective in trials in preventing severe disease that leads to hospitalizations

My comment was intended to be tongue in cheek.  We have been told ad nauseam that you cannot compare the efficacy of vaccines.  Saying some people "only" have the J&J vaccine because its "only" 65% effective is a bit disingenuous.  That why I asked at what exactly.

50 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

What other passengers?  If the rest of us are vxd along with the crew...they have said they are all going to be vxd.  Hey, it's their choice, if they want to play Russian Roulette, let them, I'm safe.

You quoted the wrong person.  I was replying to @BirdTravels implication that the J&J vaccine is on par with not being vaccinated.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, NightOne said:

You don't want to get vaccinated then fine that is your choice but don't expect the cruise lines to accommodate you as an unvaccinated passenger or allow you to cruise.

1. Why? 

2. If they actually ask usto prove our vaccinations you can bet your bottom dollar that the cost of cruising out of Forida will skyrocket to cover the fines. Can you say, $5000 plus the cruise costs! 

4 hours ago, vandals04 said:

If that is correct I think people with J&J vaccine should not be considered vaccinated!  Just so I understand - 65% effective at what exactly?

Good luck getting those people to take 2 more vaccines either the Pfizer/Moderna or whatever?

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

Why not 10 or 20 years you do do justice right in America in terms of jailing people. And for the non americans in this thread or coming to this thread. There is no parole in the Federal Prison system.

You seem to be on a rant, so sad you are so wrong.

For Federal prisoners, law requires the Parole Commission to conduct interim hearings every 18 to 24 months, depending on the length of the sentence. ... Federal prisoners released on parole or mandatory release must report to a designated United States Probation/Parole Officer for supervision.

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

Rcl and carnival both applied to do mock cruises. Neither has indicated vaccines are required. ..except for alaska. Which someone said is a seattle requirement, so its not the same as the rest of the usa.

Those of you wanting vaccinated cruises might want to look at celebrity. Maybe ncl is also doing vaccinated cruises. Rcl and ccl are both applying for test cruises. Why would they bother and then say fooled ya all, and do a 180 and say ok vaccinated cruises ..defies logic.

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

Same for people with fake support animals. We need to check their cards as well. Prison if that vest on your dog isn't legit. 🙂 I'm half joking about this after having a dog at an airport go after one of my kids.

• Like 1