Fake vaccine cards

5 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

What a sad world we live in if someone uses a fake vaccination card to get on a cruise.  It's not like one has to pay for the vaccine.

I'm just so done with selfish people.

One only has to look to the people who for years have boarded a ship knowing full well that they were sick but didn't want to cancel. For years when Serenade was doing the 10/11 Southern Caribbean during the months of Jan through March, I watched as more and more people developed colds, bronchitis and some pneumonia. As long as there as those in our society that ascribe to the "me first" philosophy, there will be dishonest statements on health forms and now, if cruise documents mandate being inoculated,  likely forged CDC cards.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Rolla4fun said:

I am wondering how the cruise lines are going to verify if the vaccine cards provided are legitimate since there is not currently a vaccine passport. Anyone can make or purchase “fake” vaccine cards these days. 

They're not.  The only travel doc that is verifiable is your Passport and some Visas.

They will look at a piece of paper, but that's it.  This is exactly what the airlines are doing for inbound passengers.  There is no way to verify the test results.

This is why we can descrbe the CDC as clueless nitwits.  The ease with which their protocols are evaded, avoided & ignored render them meaningless.  I am no more concerned about the use of fake vax cards than I am the people who get prohibited items past TSA.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, little britain said:

UK Anthem requirements: All crew members onboard will be fully vaccinated, and at this time, the cruises are only available to be booked by UK residents above the age of 18 who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and those under the age of 18 with negative test results.

Those regulations seem very sensible especially in these early days when even a slow and maybe restrictive start will be what it takes to get back to normal.

If the following is the standard on the Anthem why would it be any different when it switches over to New Jersey for the November schedule?

My wife and I have the 7th of November booked for well over a year.

Both fully vaccinated and have been involved with the immunizations of several thousand people  wanted to be vaccinated. We would both be glad to get away from this for at least a week on the Anthem.

We have our CDC cards and also a State issued and secure and scannable document that is absolute proof of vaccination. They use a complex QR code.

TOO BAD if it is called a Covid Passort or any other name. It is proof and in NO WAY violates any HIPAA laws or our medical privacy.  All it does ( IF WE ALLOW IT TO BE SCANNED ) is give our names, dates of birth and that we are fully vaccinated. A government issued photo id is used to verify the bearer is the correct person.

JMHO  

Edited by boscobeans
  • Like 3

I dont care if people dont have the vaccine, thats their choice and they wil have to face the limitations that MAY have to be introduced for non-vac people.

However those that lie and use a Fake Vaccine card should be keelhauled......on an oasis class ship.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There would be absolutely NOTHING funny about someone carrying COVID onboard and destroying the vacations of a thousand other people. And some only have the J&J vaccine which is only 65% effective. There would be nothing funny about someone carrying COVID onboard, infecting the crew, infecting the kids, infecting other adult passengers,,, resulting in the ship flying the black/yellow checkered flag and being banned from entering port. 

If that is correct I think people with J&J vaccine should not be considered vaccinated!  Just so I understand - 65% effective at what exactly?

9 minutes ago, vandals04 said:

If that is correct I think people with J&J vaccine should not be considered vaccinated!  Just so I understand - 65% effective at what exactly?

It was 72% effective in USA trials, which is nearly twice as effective as a typical seasonal flu shot. But it was also 85% effective in trials in preventing severe disease that leads to hospitalizations

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

At the moment, it’s looking like you will be one of the ones welcome to 

stay home, because you need to be vaccinated to cruise.  

Do you have a link that states that every RCI cruises needs vaccinated cruisers only?  I believe that the 95% rule is in place for the Alaska cruises only and no official list has been mentioned as to whether individual ships sailing the Caribbean will be taking the test cruise route or the 95% route.

11 hours ago, Tippyton said:

Yup.  2 weeks ago we were at Dollywood.  Signs said masks are required.  Nobody wore masks.  2 Days later they removed the mask requirement.

A year ago everything changed by the minute because we knew nothing.  Now everything is changing at an equal pace because we know much.  Herd immunity has been reached.  For those who want to call me on that, understand it is not a finite line that is crossed.  Us Neanderthals here in TX have seen all metrics going down since we pulled the plug on the BS.   I still can't believe the hysteria and apoplexy that still exists.   

Good post.  Yesterday I drove by a teenager walking all alone outdoors, no one within 100 yards of him.  He was wearing a mask.  Both funny and sad.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There would be absolutely NOTHING funny about someone carrying COVID onboard and destroying the vacations of a thousand other people. And some only have the J&J vaccine which is only 65% effective. There would be nothing funny about someone carrying COVID onboard, infecting the crew, infecting the kids, infecting other adult passengers,,, resulting in the ship flying the black/yellow checkered flag and being banned from entering port. 

What does the "some only have the J&J vaccine" mean.? Are you saying those people should not be allowed?

13 hours ago, tcrandal said:

I mean, if someone is dumb enough to pay for a vaccine card, then by all means, let them risk themselves. We're vaccinated, so other than also jeopardizing the entire ship's voyage, it's no skin off my back. 

Also, would be very funny if they ended up getting Covid, the voyage cancelled, and the world of legal and civil trouble they'd be in. 

Exactly!  You’d have to be a special type of stupid to commit a fraud that could potentially cause you to be sued for millions!  Just add up the cost to the cruise line of ending the cruise early due to an outbreak, and the criminal and civil charges if that outbreak is traced back to someone who can’t verify their vaccine!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, boatseller said:

This is why we can descrbe the CDC as clueless nitwits.  The ease with which their protocols are evaded, avoided & ignored render them meaningless.

I don't think you can blame the CDC for not having a way to verify vaccination.  That one goes to the "mah rights" folks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

RC was requiring vaccines on Adventure prior to Bahamas accepting them with the health visa.

But they aren’t requiring proof with online check in.  The fact that the Bahamian government does the screening for

them

makes things a lot easier!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JsMom2 said:

But they aren’t requiring proof with online check in.  The fact that the Bahamian government does the screening for

them

makes things a lot easier!

Bahamas doesn't require the vaccine to get into the country.

12 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I predict by the time the first cruise leaves a US, RCG will not ask if you're vaccinated or request proof of vaccines....and there will not be a mandate for masks & social distancing.  Watch this happen.  

This. When they start locking down Magic Kingdom to PCR test everyone who's touched the stuff in ride queues each day, THEN I can see them PCR testing and requiring all this nonsense for cruises. It's ridiculous.

• Like 4

Just now, smokeybandit said:

Bahamas doesn't require the vaccine to get into the country.

Ah you are right.  I forgot they require the test, but waive it with proof of vaccination.  So I guess there is one more step needed.  But I was able to get my set sail pass for my AOS cruise without uploading any proof.  So many questions still….

Just now, JsMom2 said:

Ah you are right.  I forgot they require the test, but waive it with proof of vaccination.  So I guess there is one more step needed.  But I was able to get my set sail pass for my AOS cruise without uploading any proof.  So many questions still….

I was kind of surprised there wasn't a spot to upload a scan of your card. That'll be a pain to do upon checkin.

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

I was kind of surprised there wasn't a spot to upload a scan of your card. That'll be a pain to do upon checkin.

Yeah especially if they take the time to make copies of every card!  Oh well, I’m just so thrilled to be cruising again!!!

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

FYI, it's been known for months that masks don't protect you...........

The mask I wear (a 3M P100 dual filter with attached P100 exhale filter) does protect me.  The cosmetic virtue signaling fashion statements so in vogue by the screaming masses do nothing except make a (misleading) political announcement.

10 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

What a sad world we live in if someone uses a fake vaccination card to get on a cruise.  It's not like one has to pay for the vaccine.

I'm just so done with selfish people.

How different is a fake vaxx card from a fake "emotional support animal" card or vest? And we know how many people pulled that trick over the years.

I am never surprised by the levels some people will go to support their entitlements....

• Like 10