Encore to replace the Bliss for 2021 Alaska Cruises?

mianmike

1 hour ago, aubreyc1988 said:

That is so great...now I just have to either swallow my pride and pay what needs to paid to go to Alaska or do Breakaway to Bermuda in hurricane season...

My vote is the August 7th on the brand new Encore.  Peer pressure for sure :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, ShakeDaddy said:

My vote is the August 7th on the brand new Encore.  Peer pressure for sure 🙂

My vote too! My husband just got a new job so I have to wait a week or so until he starts there to make sure they are OK with it, but I'm dying to have a cruise on the horizon

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Haha I need a good NCL "Sale" to pressure me...maybe t here will be a Father's Day one...or will I be forced to wait until 4th of July rolls around, I need some extra perks!!! 

I’m sure there will be.  

2 minutes ago, RaftingJeremy said:

I’m sure there will be.  

I also kind of want to wait for the green light from the CDC on Alaska before I book...I imagine that will be coming soon and I don't see prices changing too much between now and then

3 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I also kind of want to wait for the green light from the CDC on Alaska before I book...I imagine that will be coming soon and I don't see prices changing too much between now and then

I’m pretty sure I read that NCL would be submitting their plans to the cdc this week. They are supposed to have a 5 day turnaround so I would expect that any day.  

13 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

My cabin changed as part of the ship change but I now can see that the cabin I originally booked is still available.  They moved me up two decks so that I'm now on the same level as the observation lounge.  I'm guessing this means that they felt they could improve my cabin and did so.  Thanks NCL!

Our cabin was changed in the switchover, but to one less desirable. I called yesterday and we are now back in our original cabin number. Not sure why everyone didn't automatically switch to the same cabin number in the first place.

Still trying to decide if we are actually going to do this cruise. I'm holding off booking air until it looks a little more certain the Alaska cruises will go, but in the meantime the airfare prices just keep climbing. 

I probably wouldn't have even thought about doing an Alaska cruise this summer except I like the idea of a fully-vaccinated cruise sailing at (hopefully) reduced capacity. And believe it or not, after only 2 NCL cruises the triple points would put us at platinum level. 

14 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Prices might go up after the green light, but who knows?

I’m not worried about the Florida mess. Nothing will be settled quickly, and remember, the state isn’t stopping cruises from happening. They’re just planning to impose fines, and you know that the cruise lines will sue when they’re handed the bill. Even if the governor downplays NCL as a minor player, now Carnival is saying they’re inclined towards required vaccinations for boarding. Talk about a company with leverage in Florida…

It’s fascinating to watch the legal wrangling but I intend to watch it from a distance, on a lounger, with a Rebellious Fish in hand. 

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Haha I need a good NCL "Sale" to pressure me...maybe t here will be a Father's Day one...or will I be forced to wait until 4th of July rolls around, I need some extra perks!!! 

Do they really have sales?  Or, just constant promos with changing names?  Just book it.  If prices drop you can call and have them reprice your cruise.  If promos increase, and prices haven't, than you can call and have them add the new promo.

1 minute ago, CaptainWoody said:

Do they really have sales?  Or, just constant promos with changing names?  Just book it.  If prices drop you can call and have them reprice your cruise.  If promos increase, and prices haven't, than you can call and have them add the new promo.

If prices drop will they adjust the price or do they rebook you and you lose your perks and extra latitudes points? 

5 minutes ago, coastcat said:

I’m not worried about the Florida mess. Nothing will be settled quickly, and remember, the state isn’t stopping cruises from happening. They’re just planning to impose fines, and you know that the cruise lines will sue when they’re handed the bill. Even if the governor downplays NCL as a minor player, now Carnival is saying they’re inclined towards required vaccinations for boarding. Talk about a company with leverage in Florida…

It’s fascinating to watch the legal wrangling but I intend to watch it from a distance, on a lounger, with a Rebellious Fish in hand. 

Maybe he'll come out and say we don't need these smaller lines like carnival and royal caribbean someone else will take their spot.  You know the language that was used when NCL said they were going to do vaccinated only cruises LOL.

21 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

What is the advantage in waiting?

3 minutes ago, SSFun said:

If prices drop will they adjust the price or do they rebook you and you lose your perks and extra latitudes points? 

If all else remains the same, they'll just reprice and save you some money.  If promos have reduced, you'll likely have a choice to make.  Even the NCL reservation reps don't know until they load it into their computer.

Edited by CaptainWoody

32 minutes ago, coastcat said:

for me, I need a raspberry mojito. 😛

3 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

It's all just nonsense.  The media will report anything to get attention these days.

You forgot already, it's all a load of old tosh 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, coastcat said:

I’ll confirm that confirmation. Sugarcane is a delight. 

In my humble, honest opinion, NCL has the *best* bars, the *best* drinks, and the *best* bartenders at sea.  I mean this with love, but every drink I've had on Royal Caribbean was very forgettable.  Even outside the beverage package, I find NCL's regular drink prices to be very fair, even cheaper than some land places. I paid 11.95 on land for a Margaritaville "Last Mango in Paris" and I believe it was the same price at sea...and I think all the mojitos are under 11.00 each, which is not bad for a cocktail. I ordered a martini once on Royal and it was 17.00 before taxes and tip and it was something like a cosmo or lemondrop...and also wasn't well made. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShakeDaddy said:

My vote is the August 7th on the brand new Encore.  Peer pressure for sure 🙂

I'm throwing my hat into the ring for the August 28th sailing, as that's the one I'll be on.

2 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

for me, I need a raspberry mojito. 😛

If you end up on my roll call I assure you the first 3 rounds are on me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

I'm throwing my hat into the ring for the August 28th sailing, as that's the one I'll be on.

Im actually thinking either Aug 28th or Sept 4th. Depends on what my husband's job will approve.  I have already done Glacier Bay before so I think the August Alaskan itinerary with Dawes instead of Glacier Bay is better. I also don't like how they aren't visiting Skagway on Sept itineraries. 

3 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Says the rat with the drink package!  🤣

You know I'm just poking at you my rodent sister.....