Encore to replace the Bliss for 2021 Alaska Cruises?

mianmike

11 minutes ago, brianz09 said:

I'm seeing that, err, not seeing that too. I attempted to book the Aug 7 Alaska on Bliss last night and it showed all categories sold out.  After finding out about the ship swap this afternoon, I looked again to book on Encore, and nada.

Because it's all on hold until the switch is sorted out & all existing bookings are moved.

12 minutes ago, brianz09 said:

I'm seeing that, err, not seeing that too. I attempted to book the Aug 7 Alaska on Bliss last night and it showed all categories sold out.  After finding out about the ship swap this afternoon, I looked again to book on Encore, and nada.

I think it will be like this until they get everything switched over.  This happened a few weeks ago and that’s what it turned out to be. Their Technology seems to have issues keeping up 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RaftingJeremy said:

Depends, but I like to.  I don’t see how that means anything.  

It just tells me that you're the type of person that likes to pay things earlier than you need to.  Nothing wrong with that, but some of us prefer not to pay bills until they are due.

1 minute ago, BoundForSea said:

So as of this evening the Alaska sailings for this summer/early fall are off the market entirely. Hopefully they will get reposted.

Have you read the thread?  I'll bet you a buck that they're reposted within the next several days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

It just tells me that you're the type of person that likes to pay things earlier than you need to.  Nothing wrong with that, but some of us prefer not to pay bills until they are due.

I was just wondering if there was some advantage to not doing it. I realize now it’s just a personal preference. 

1 minute ago, RaftingJeremy said:

I was just wondering if there was some advantage to not doing it. 

Just more liquidity in monthly cash flow.

It's worth it to me to loan money to NCL interest free to lock in future cruise prices and promos (i.e. $250 deposits per cruise).  That provides me with value in return.  Pre-paying service charges?   Not so much.  NCL markets it as a "budgeting tool," which I'm guessing provides no value to most here on the forum.

7 minutes ago, RaftingJeremy said:

I was just wondering if there was some advantage to not doing it. I realize now it’s just a personal preference. 

I also never pre-pay them.  It really would only save you about 2 dollars a day (one per passenger) and that is not enough for me to loan the the gratuity money to the line for however long last payment until end of cruise is.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainWoody said:

Do you pay for your entire cruise at time of booking or do just just pay the required deposit?

My cruise won't go up in price, but the gratuities could. Usually they do give you a warning and that's when I'll go and take care of it at that time. But generally speaking, I want my on board account to only reflect how much liquor we have consumed or bottles purchased to come home. Not to have an extra $300 in 'fees' - fees are boring. Contests about overcharges for drink upgrades are fun.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

My cruise won't go up in price, but the gratuities could. Usually they do give you a warning and that's when I'll go and take care of it at that time. But generally speaking, I want my on board account to only reflect how much liquor we have consumed or bottles purchased to come home. Not to have an extra $300 in 'fees' - fees are boring. Contests about overcharges for drink upgrades are fun.

Wait, you upgrade to drinks that cost over 15 dollars??  I think you may be too high class for my company.  😄

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, SSFun said:

How do you know the size of your new balcony?

First looked at the ship's deck plan.  It looked half the size of our other suite.  Called our cruise consultant and that was indeed the case.  Can't get two lounge chairs facing out.

Was able today to make all dinner reservations at good times and now notice all excursions are also available, which they were not on Bliss.  For us this ship change has been streamline moving over with the same room/floor as before with no increased pricing.  Couldn't be happier to be sailing on the new Encore. 

7 minutes ago, TardisDance said:

I think I only have only upgraded on drinks on Celebrity but their classic package has around a $9 limit. I find it difficult to find a drink that I want that’s over $15 with NCL. 

I going to pay extra for a shot of Blue Label (neat) one of these times.  I think that costs around $30.  Maybe one of our Scotch connoisseurs can clarify.  Hmmm...maybe we don't have any other Scotch drinkers around here. 😆

7 minutes ago, ShakeDaddy said:

Was able today to make all dinner reservations at good times and now notice all excursions are also available, which they were not on Bliss.  For us this ship change has been streamline moving over with the same room/floor as before with no increased pricing.  Couldn't be happier to be sailing on the new Encore. 

When is your sail date?

14 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

I going to pay extra for a shot of Blue Label (neat) one of these times.  I think that costs around $30.  Maybe one of our Scotch connoisseurs can clarify.  Hmmm...maybe we don't have any other Scotch drinkers around here. 😆

That’s about right.  I sometimes get one while I enjoy a cigar.  

1 hour ago, oteixeira said:

Wait, you upgrade to drinks that cost over 15 dollars??  I think you may be too high class for my company.  😄

Remember our chat about beer prices at bars? Paying $2 for a nice glass of ice wine after dinner is a bargain. I'll gladly treat anyone around me for a taste as well at that price.

53 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

*waves hand vigorously*

I'm no connoisseur, but I do like the stuff. Heck, I planned an entire vacation around doing a day of tastings in Speyside. We're big fans of the flights they do at some of the bars. Even though I know I love Macallan 18 I'll still gladly pay $25 to be reminded why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Remember our chat about beer prices at bars? Paying $2 for a nice glass of ice wine after dinner is a bargain. I'll gladly treat anyone around me for a taste as well at that price.

They have ice wines onboard?  My wife loves these, have a friend who brings them down from time to time from Canada.  Go figure, I never even look at the wine list, since it seems to exclude beer.  LOL

1 hour ago, 4 cruisers said:

First looked at the ship's deck plan.  It looked half the size of our other suite.  Called our cruise consultant and that was indeed the case.  Can't get two lounge chairs facing out.

Ugh! That stinks!

2 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

*waves hand vigorously*

I'm no connoisseur, but I do like the stuff. Heck, I planned an entire vacation around doing a day of tastings in Speyside. We're big fans of the flights they do at some of the bars. Even though I know I love Macallan 18 I'll still gladly pay $25 to be reminded why.

Now you’ve done it. One more for my splurge list. 🤣

Cant figure out how to start a new topic

im wanting to sail The Encore in Nov to The Caribbean but someone on another thread said that The Encore will now take The place of Bliss not only for the Alaska itinerary but after that, it will be used for the Mexico itinerary. So what happens to The Caribbean itinerary that I was going to book on The Encore? What ship will be used for that?