No single supplement out of Texas.

slavens_09

Was looking through some sailings on the Carnival website and noticed that they have taken away the single supplement on sailings in August. 

Been awhile since I have seen them take away the single supplement.

• Thanks 1

I just popped over and I didn’t see pricing just for one person. All cabins still have the pricing for two people. I looked in August.

Maybe I’m confused what single supplement is exactly. I thought it means you pay double occupancy — even though there is one passenger. 

?????

3 minutes ago, Markmom18 said:

I just popped over and I didn’t see pricing just for one person. All cabins still have the pricing for two people. I looked in August.

Maybe I’m confused what single supplement is exactly. I thought it means you pay double occupancy — even though there is one passenger. 

?????

If you change the search filter to only 1 passenger you will see that it’s without the single supplement at least out of Texas in August. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, slavens_09 said:

If you change the search filter to only 1 passenger you will see that it’s without the single supplement at least out of Texas in August. 

Thanks for sharing.  I took a look... on the Vista in August, it's good only for interior cabins, though it does seem to be proportionate across my various rate codes.  Tempting...

That must be what it is. I’ve been keeping vista as a backup plan for my Mardi Gras cruise and the other day when I was checking to see which vista rooms were still available, the upper/lower rooms were almost half the the price of the two twin. Usually it’s more like a $70 difference. This time it was like $700. With that much of a difference I would actually book one of those. I haven’t seen that since my first cruise.

Edited by Saint Greg

The 1a's are on sale for October in Texas.  I got a 5 night on the Breeze for $299.  Then 2 days later, it dropped to $259.  I saw that the Vista had some 1a's also on sale.

I ended up booking 2 5 nights, back to back.  Couldn't beat the price.

14 minutes ago, crdtrnr said:

The 1a's are on sale for October in Texas.  I got a 5 night on the Breeze for $299.  Then 2 days later, it dropped to $259.  I saw that the Vista had some 1a's also on sale.

I ended up booking 2 5 nights, back to back.  Couldn't beat the price.

Wow I missed that price but seems like prices come and go. First time I looked sept 27 was cheapest. Then the one you mentioned but never saw it as low as either of your prices. Still a good deal. 

Some solo supplement on that date when  I looked, but like 20 to 40%, not 100% like usual  but cheers you only pay for one, not two pax. Works for me. I'm right there with ya.

There was also a 1a on vista for 599 for oct 30 plus taxes. Plus whatever else like cheers.  I had a hard time deciding. But already doing vista. 

I didnt see it june 1st, when  op says August was a good deal. 

Edited by firefly333

I was able to take advantage of this, and got a 'better' room, on Horizon. I was paid in full, but got the difference in OBC. Went from a standard interior to porthole upper/lower. I'd rather have a larger bed, but for the OBC, I'll gladly 'sell' Carnival that bed for a twin, portholes, and a couch.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for sharing.  I took a look... on the Vista in August, it's good only for interior cabins, though it does seem to be proportionate across my various rate codes.  Tempting...

Ahhh .... interior cabins only.  Ok, I was looking at Balcony.
 Thank you Honolulu Blue for clarifying. 🙂🙂

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

6 hours ago, bgrmini said:

I was able to take advantage of this, and got a 'better' room, on Horizon. I was paid in full, but got the difference in OBC. Went from a standard interior to porthole upper/lower. I'd rather have a larger bed, but for the OBC, I'll gladly 'sell' Carnival that bed for a twin, portholes, and a couch.

Only once did I book a Porthole cabin. On either Inspiration or Imagination. I loved sitting in the nook looking out the window. A great price at the time too.

My “But” is .... the noise!

It was only a 4 day cruise. Just couldn’t get past that loud metal clacking/banging!!

Just my 2 cents ...

🛳🛳

Bobbi