The New Moon - Adventures in Greece - June 18th through July 8th

spinnaker2

14 minutes ago, cinbeach said:

Thank you Lois for your reply.  When I spoke to SS I was told we would need a Negative PCR test to enter.  There is so much misinformation.  

I would love to hear from those of you who are on the ship now and exactly what you did - just have your vaccine card or have a PCR test with you.

thanks Cindy

Good morning🙂....I am following the Greek government direction.  If you read the link I posted, they were quite specific on what is needed to enter the country. Not sure what information the SS person was giving you.  I know you do need a test if you have not been vaccinated. But of course SS cruisers have to be vaccinated👍

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cinbeach said:

Thank you Lois for your reply.  When I spoke to SS I was told we would need a Negative PCR test to enter.  There is so much misinformation.  

I would love to hear from those of you who are on the ship now and exactly what you did - just have your vaccine card or have a PCR test with you.

thanks Cindy

You are required to carry proof of vaccination, complete Hellenic PLF form and before boarding pass PCR test at pier.  In addition, some are randomly PCR tested at airport (I was one of the lucky ones).

I know it sounds awful, but after you are onboard experiencing superb service it becomes a very small price to pay.

Come join us!  We are having a blast!

P.S.-  Sorry forgot to add.  These are requirements for US passengers…

Edited by pdaniel

23 minutes ago, pdaniel said:

You are required to carry proof of vaccination, complete Hellenic PLF form and before boarding pass PCR test at pier.  In addition, some are randomly PCR tested at airport (I was one of the lucky ones).

I know it sounds awful, but after you are onboard experiencing superb service it becomes a very small price to pay.

Come join us!  We are having a blast!

P.S.-  Sorry forgot to add.  These are requirements for US passengers…

Thanks🙂.....so as I received that "informational email" from SS, the only test will be at the Pier? And possibly at at the airport........after arrival.

1 hour ago, Herman The Cat said:

And…the US requires a negative test prior to entry. Will Silversea be testing passengers before they depart the ship, or how will that be handled?

In regard to embarkation, did they schedule you or could you show up whenever you wanted at the pier on an independent transfer?

You can not board before 2 pm.

You then enter a tent and are tested which is rapid test NOT pcr.

Upon receiving negative test you proceed to next area to be processed and go through security.

For us this procedure was long and we weren't aboard before 330 pm 

If you can arrive a day early i would suggest it in order to be rested when you board.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, brimary said:

Sorry to hear the Early Embarkation loyalty perk has gone.Hope the rest of the loyalty perks remain intact and loyalty has not been totally discarded!

Good morning, I believe the delayed board is all for safety/health of all the guests....loyal, longtime customers and brand new ones too.  Everyone received a letter who is sailing with all the new protocols on these sailings.

Brimary

Early boarding will be back.

Don't worry.

This is the new procedure for the moment.

Really once aboard aside from the masks and distancing you will be treated with all of the pomp and circumstance as before.

The crew are extraordinary.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Brimary

Early boarding will be back.

Don't worry.

This is the new procedure for the moment.

Really once aboard aside from the masks and distancing you will be treated with all of the pomp and circumstance as before.

The crew are extraordinary.

Do you have to wear the mask on board?  Thanks

2 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Brimary  Early boarding will be back.  Don't worry.  This is the new procedure for the moment.  Really once aboard aside from the masks and distancing you will be treated with all of the pomp and circumstance as before.  The crew are extraordinary.

Continued great updates and details.  Besides masks, I have another question as relates to what people are "WEARING"??!!  What are the ship dress codes?  Having formal nights as previously done?  How tightly is Silversea enforcing standards for men wearing coats in the evenings in the main dining area?

At many high-end U.S. dining establishment, they have been "loosening up" as to enforcement of those requirements for gentlemen wearing jackets due to Covid, etc.  What's up on the Silver Moon right now as you are sailing the Greek islands this summer?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 242,158 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

49 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Tomorrow all pax to have Covid test.

Mask wearing walking around but not in restaurants or pool.

Dress code enforced.

20 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Spins, thanks for keeping us updated. It is appreciated🙂

21 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Spins, thanks for keeping us updated. It is appreciated🙂

Thank you

17 minutes ago, Capri73 said:

Thank you

I really am rethinking our cruise in Dec. After mask wearing and tests for the last 15 months I am not comfortable doing that on a vacation .Hopefully things will change by Oct 2 that is our cancelation date. Thank you for all the information really appreciate it.

41 minutes ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

Maybe I missed it, but what was the muster drill like?

Hi, I received this in the mail about muster........

ENHANCED SAFETY DRILL:

We have designed an enhanced, staggered group safety drill that will be completed in two phases to ensure physical distancing and to reduce the drill’s duration.

• The safety drill’s first phase must now be completed by viewing and acknowledging the safety drill video on the ‘My Cruise’ app or on your in-suite TV. This first step must be completed upon arrival in your suite to enable you to be pre-assigned to a group, time slot, and muster station for phase two of the drill.
  • The second phase will be performed from a minimum of one to a maximum of three groups in our dedicated muster stations to ensure physical distancing.

Maybe someone on board can tell us if this is how it all took place🙂

U must watch drill video in your suite first.

Acknowledge u have done so.

Then go to drill. U do not wear life jacket but u r shown how to don and given other safety info.

Then u go in small groups outside.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Capri73 said:

I really am rethinking our cruise in Dec. After mask wearing and tests for the last 15 months I am not comfortable doing that on a vacation .Hopefully things will change by Oct 2 that is our cancelation date. Thank you for all the information really appreciate it.

I am with you! What I don't understand is if everyone is vaccinated why masks ?

• Like 1