Shore excursion discounts

Contessa30

22 minutes ago, Contessa30 said:

I am platinum and believe I get a discount on shore excursions.  If I book online, how do I get this discount?  Is it also for my cabin mate?  
Thanks! 

The discount for Latitudes will show-up prior to the $50 Shore Excursion Credit is removed.  And only those with appropriate (SILVER or higher) Latitude status receive their discount!  and for those using Shore Excursion Credit...

$50 USD Shore Excursion Credit
Offer is applicable to first guest on the cruise reservation.
The first guest shall receive free shore excursions priced at $50 or less (“the promotion”)
In the alternative, first guest will receive $50 in Shore Excursion Credits to apply against shore excursions priced greater than $50.
$50 Shore Excursion Credit is applicable to all tours, including debarkation tours.
In the event the tour is less than the value of the credit the $50 Shore Excursion Credit will be adjusted to match the tour value.
The first guest may redeem the promotion of $50 Shore Excursion Credit on more than one shore excursion per port.
Latitude Members Discount is combinable with the $50 Shore Excursion Credit.
In the case of multiple excursion credits or discounts, the $50 Shore Excursion Credit will be applied first followed by any additional shore excursion discounts.
In the event a port of call or shore excursion is canceled, the guest will be refunded the amount that the guest paid for the excursion.
For shore excursions purchased prior to cruise, the promotion or $50 Shore Excursion Credits will be applied to the first guest at time of purchase.
For shore excursions purchased onboard, the promotion or $50 Shore Excursion Credit will be applied to the first guest’s onboard account.
Please see additional restrictions below:

• If the first guest purchases shore excursions tickets for other guests, the promotion and $50 Shore Excursion Credit will not apply to such tickets.
  • The first guest cannot purchase shore excursions for themselves where the duration of such excursions overlap in time.
  • For port calls in Great Stirrup Cay and Harvest Caye, the promotion and $50 Shore Excursion Credit does not apply to equipment rentals.
  • Pre-cruise and post-cruise land tours are not eligible for this promotion.
  • $50 Shore Excursion Credit has no monetary value, are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for actual currency of any value.
  • Other guest in the stateroom are not eligible to receive the promotion or $50 Shore Excursion Credits.
Edited by ggTexasGal
added info

6 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

The discount for Latitudes will show-up prior to the $50 Shore Excursion Credit is removed.  And only those with appropriate (SILVER or higher) Latitude status receive their discount!  and for those using Shore Excursion Credit...

I may have misunderstood you, but I think you have the allocation of the discounts the wrong way round.

I believe it has changed recently, but for my upcoming cruises the $50 shore excursion credit is deduced before the latitudes benefit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I may have misunderstood you, but I think you have the allocation of the discounts the wrong way round.

I believe it has changed recently, but for my upcoming cruises the $50 shore excursion credit is deduced before the latitudes benefit.

You are 100% correct, I did post it backwards!

• Like 1

I thought there were 2 different ways to book excursions - in one way you were charged to your credit card ahead of time and had to go to guest services onboard to get the lattitudes 10% discount taken off once onboard. The other way got billed to your room as an onboard charge which any OBC could deduct the price. 

For my upcoming Alaska trip in August I couldn't remember which was which and how I had done it pre-Covid so I just called NCL to book an excursion. The $50 came off first, then the 10%, then my CC was charged the balance. 

Can someone remind me how to not have it charged to my CC now, but to show up on my cabin bill so I can use my OBC to pay for them?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

I thought there were 2 different ways to book excursions - in one way you were charged to your credit card ahead of time and had to go to guest services onboard to get the lattitudes 10% discount taken off once onboard. The other way got billed to your room as an onboard charge which any OBC could deduct the price. 

For my upcoming Alaska trip in August I couldn't remember which was which and how I had done it pre-Covid so I just called NCL to book an excursion. The $50 came off first, then the 10%, then my CC was charged the balance. 

Can someone remind me how to not have it charged to my CC now, but to show up on my cabin bill so I can use my OBC to pay for them?

Rumor has it you can adjust excursions once onboard.  The process changed just prior to covid so little if any real experience.  But you have to pay in advance now if you book prior to your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 4:27 PM, victory2020 said:

Since I have lots of OBC I want to book tours onboard. Can you fill out a form & drop it off with your preferred tours on the first day or do you have to wait in line to talk to someone?

I would imagine you would have to wait with the 100's of other folks with the same idea trying to burn through their OBC. We're gonna have to wait for people to come back from sailings to get a better idea.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

I would imagine you would have to wait with the 100's of other folks with the same idea trying to burn through their OBC. We're gonna have to wait for people to come back from sailings to get a better idea.

Wonder how long it will take NCL to figure out this pay in advance policy might not be such a good idea.  It was bad enough when you had to request your latitudes discount.

On 7/1/2021 at 4:27 PM, victory2020 said:

Since I have lots of OBC I want to book tours onboard. Can you fill out a form & drop it off with your preferred tours on the first day or do you have to wait in line to talk to someone?

You can book with the app or any of the touch screen “kiosks” in all public elevator lobbies. 

Edited by BirdTravels

54 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You can book with the app or any of the touch screen “kiosks” in all public elevator lobbies. 

Thank you, I know on Princess you can book this way - didn't know about  NCL. Much better than standing in line if you know what you want to book

22 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Thank you, I know on Princess you can book this way - didn't know about  NCL. Much better than standing in line if you know what you want to book

The only issue will be that there may be excursions that won’t be available if they are fully booked before boarding.  Some excursions have hard limits on the numbers they can accommodate, generally any of the snorkel/dive excursions are limited to the capacity of the boats used by the providers. 

Always book early for the excursion you want, some may have limited availability and fill quick. Such as whale watching, popular bus trip destinations, Panama canal cruises, fishing... etc to name a few.

Booking online automatically discounts the excursion. You can add them to your cart if you want to see the cost with the discount.

16 hours ago, eileeshb said:

The only issue will be that there may be excursions that won’t be available if they are fully booked before boarding.  Some excursions have hard limits on the numbers they can accommodate, generally any of the snorkel/dive excursions are limited to the capacity of the boats used by the providers. 

Thank you. There is only one tour that is a must, maybe I'll book that beforehand & take my chances with the others. None involve boats, just busses so I'll maybe be OK

12 hours ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

Hopefully not OT, but does anyone know if we can use our FCC's for shore excursions? I assume if we can that I would have to call NCL to do this vs book online which is not a problem

You should be able to use your FCC, however, you MUST CALL to do that!

• Like 1