Summer 2023

naturelovergirl

34 minutes ago, naturelovergirl said:

I know that, honestly, after all of this unprecedented pause in cruising it is hard (or impossible) for anyone to predict.

BUT

When do you think that the itineraries for Cunard voyages in Summer of 2023 will be announced? 

Looking to dream...

Summer 2023 will be three and one half years after covid struck.  Unless you can identify any plague in history which has raged that long (remember - we now have very effective vaccines unlike any comparable past situation) - you can assume that the disruptions we are now facing will be fading in the rear view mirror.  I am willing to wager that Summer 2023 itineraries will be listed no later than Spring 2022.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

I am willing to wager that Summer 2023 itineraries will be listed no later than Spring 2022.

That would be great 😊

Although I have some tentative vacation planning for Summer 2022… I’m eyeballing 2023 with much more gusto.

We would appreciate if Cunard would add old style Caribbean sailing we had in the QE2 and earlier QM2 out of NYC.

We miss them so much and are wondering the offering in the Spring of 22 will look like.

Wouldn't mine if we have to wait to 23. Just sailing from NYC down the coast, past the PR Canyon and down the Caribbean Chain was always a booking we looked forward to.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Summer 2023 will be three and one half years after covid struck.  Unless you can identify any plague in history which has raged that long (remember - we now have very effective vaccines unlike any comparable past situation) - you can assume that the disruptions we are now facing will be fading in the rear view mirror.  I am willing to wager that Summer 2023 itineraries will be listed no later than Spring 2022.

I'm positive  and will be booking for 2023 as soon as it comes out, I hope sooner than spring 22 as I have FCC from a cancelled world sector to use up. Hoping to do Japan and Alaska, but Japan sold out for early 2023 ,  wouldn't want just to do just Japan to Alaska without Japan . So may have to be something else in May or June 2023

By the way The black death lasted 6 years but as you say they didn't have the benefit of Mnra vaccines etc,  just blood letting if you were unlucky. 

• Like 1

I had booked Cunard for Alaska for August 2020…. It did not happen, of course.

I hoped for August 2022… but then Cunard only planned Alaska for June and July. 
Due to that fact (because I have to take my vacation in August due to my business… no flexibility in this) I have booked Alaska on another line for August 2022.

I would still, however, absolutely prefer Cunard. It’s my favorite- and also I like the Cunard itinerary better. 

So

My game plan is… IF Cunard offers Alaska for August of 2023, I very well may change my alternate plans in 2022 so that I can voyage to Alaska on Cunard- my original plan.

Edited by naturelovergirl
  • Like 1

Just for the record, here are the dates I have for when Cunard announced their summer/autumn schedules the past few years.

Summer/Autumn schedule announcement dates
2022: November 5, 2020
2021: September 17, 2019 (except QE Alaska)
2020: September 13, 2018 (except QE Alaska)
2019: September 5,  2017 (except QE Alaska)
2018: September 6,  2016

QE Alaska schedule announcement dates
2022: November 5, 2020
2021: December 12, 2019
2020: December 20, 2018
2019: October 23, 2017

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

I'm positive  and will be booking for 2023 as soon as it comes out, I hope sooner than spring 22 as I have FCC from a cancelled world sector to use up. Hoping to do Japan and Alaska, but Japan sold out for early 2023 ,  wouldn't want just to do just Japan to Alaska without Japan . So may have to be something else in May or June 2023

By the way The black death lasted 6 years but as you say they didn't have the benefit of Mnra vaccines etc,  just blood letting if you were unlucky. 

Well, the Black Death lasted 6 years in Europe - because things moved slowly in those days - say less than 10 miles per hour at best.  It took that long for it to scour from Italy to Scandinavia, for example - but it did not linger in any region that long.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 9:36 AM, naturelovergirl said:

I had booked Cunard for Alaska for August 2020…. It did not happen, of course.

I hoped for August 2022… but then Cunard only planned Alaska for June and July. 
Due to that fact (because I have to take my vacation in August due to my business… no flexibility in this) I have booked Alaska on another line for August 2022.

I would still, however, absolutely prefer Cunard. It’s my favorite- and also I like the Cunard itinerary better. 

So

My game plan is… IF Cunard offers Alaska for August of 2023, I very well may change my alternate plans in 2022 so that I can voyage to Alaska on Cunard- my original plan.

We did Alaska on the Queen Elizabeth and loved it. I found the port times were good and we were able to get very close to the Hubbard Glacier. Now that they have Glacier Bay access, they should be even better. In our case, we really liked being able to do a round trip from Vancouver, but that probably isn't as important for you. I did do a day by day review if you are interested in seeing what it was like. We enjoyed it so much we bought some future cruise credits deposits, but then the world changed and they were booked, cancelled, rebooked and we are now questioning that booking--like many others. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kmerlin14 said:

We did Alaska on the Queen Elizabeth and loved it. I found the port times were good and we were able to get very close to the Hubbard Glacier. Now that they have Glacier Bay access, they should be even better. In our case, we really liked being able to do a round trip from Vancouver, but that probably isn't as important for you. I did do a day by day review if you are interested in seeing what it was like. We enjoyed it so much we bought some future cruise credits deposits, but then the world changed and they were booked, cancelled, rebooked and we are now questioning that booking--like many others. 

We sailed on Queen Elizabeth to Norway in 2019- and we loved our voyage so much!! So we decided to go to Alaska on her for 2020... but yes... the world changed, for sure. Alas.

I love that Cunard is going to both Hubbard and Glacier- yes, another reason I love their itinerary.

Cruising from Vancouver is actually my preference- I love Vancouver and all of the surrounding area so much! 

Several years ago we took a driving trip to Vancouver, Whistler, Sooke, and Victoria. So beautiful. So, we will look forward to returning again- whether we go to Alaska from Vancouver in 2022 (with the other cruise line) or possibly with Cunard (if they offer August again for 2023).

So pleased you enjoyed your trip!!! Here's to you having opportunities with those future cruise credits!!!!

We're booked on the Queen Victoria around Britain in 2022, but I'm very worried about being the third voyage after startup. And I'm going by your screen name and letting you know that one of the tours we really enjoyed was a hike with Wild Wolf Tours in Ketchikan. I'd booked it because there were going to be 4 ships in port and I wasn't sure how I'd handle the crowds. She picked us up in a small van and was able to give us some insights into the culture as she whisked us off to the totem pole park before the big tour busses arrived and then took us on a hike to a waterfall. I was fascinated by their educational system. The kids in grade seven going camping for a week at the end of the year. Then in grade eight, they have to live off the land for two days. The program might have been just for aboriginal students but I thought it sounded awesome.

• Like 1