Carnival sailing with Lido Buffets, etc. as they were....

BlerkOne

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Not less risky to my thinking. You can watch the pizza being made and the burgers. You cannot see what is happening in the MDR kitchen and most of the specialty restaurants.

Plus, once someone gets a Guy's burger, surely they will put some type of topping on it using the public dispensers or utensils.  Again, this is where washing hands comes in handy.  People touch stuff all over the ship, theater chairs, loungers,  counter tops, elevator buttons, handrails, etc.  It's not just when they walk into a buffet area.

9 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Who does that? I've never seen anyone do that.

I've only seen it once and reported it immediately. The utensil and food it was in was immediately taken away by a crewmember.

That said, I do still eat at the buffet. I have a high capacity for denial. 🤣 

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Not less risky to my thinking. You can watch the pizza being made and the burgers. You cannot see what is happening in the MDR kitchen and most of the specialty restaurants.

That would be detrimental to their employment. If they did not see it then, they see it now. Covid shoved cold water into their face. The cruise lines let them sit out in the seas for months. This is not an indictment. It is just if they messed with food, they may not anymore.

11 hours ago, coffeebean said:

But.....the Covid virus is not a food borne pathogen. It is not spread that way.

Nothing to do with COVID.  Just personal preference - seeing all that food makes me full.  

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Does alcohol consumption have something to do with it? 🙄

Ha - nope. My typical daily alcohol consumption on a cruise consists of either one frozen drink or an Alchemy cocktail, with wine at dinner. But do not get between me and that beautiful pile of bacon at the breakfast buffet! 😋 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

That was my point -the Pizzeria , deli, and grill are less risky, than buffet or even MDR and other restaurants.

13 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

So, do you think the bacon police will be back in force when cruising resumes?

It wouldn't surprise me if they are, at least for a while. If so, I will just have to stand there holding up the line until they hand over the appropriate amount of porky goodness.

We prefer being able to serve ourselves, so we can choose the exact quantities of each item we want. That said, it does make me nervous during a pandemic to go full self-serve. I’d probably still go to the buffet, but I’d wear a glove to handle the serving utensils and would hope the sneeze guard truly guards the sneezes!

14 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

So, do you think the bacon police will be back in force when cruising resumes?

Of course. They never left. There are also usually one or more bacon trays unattended for the true pigs.

• 2 months later...