Carnival sailing with Lido Buffets, etc. as they were....

BlerkOne

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Self-service including ice cream machines (for now). A perk of (mostly) vaccinated cruises.

So many have fought for equality. And we get equity. Learning from the past is always determined by selfish comforts over what is good.

• Like 1

While I prefer crew serving food at the buffet, I can easily wash my hands after handling public utensils.  I've never gotten sick on a cruise and have used the buffet for meals at least once a day on all of my cruises.  I do like the idea of self service ice cream machines.  I use one hand to touch the dispenser handle and the other to hold my cone.  There are ways.  LOL

• Like 9

Lido buffet and self-serve soda, ice cream, etc should be a perk of being vaccinated. The unvaxxed would need to go where they can get food plated and those little ice cream man cups with the wooden spoons. 

As a shareholder, and now as the delta variant is spreading in the US, I am against unvaxxed on the ships. CCL and their Execs have a fiduciary responsibility to shareholder, lien, and debt holders to generate revenue and growth to the company. CCL loses absolutely nothing by not allowing unvaxxed onboard. However, they can face massive revenue declines if the unvaxxed have a breakout. 

Edited by BoozinCroozin
  • Like 29

Ehhh kind of disappointing - I never enjoy any buffets where the occasional person can be so dang rude or gross.

But eh, I guess it just means I'll get the Full Unfiltered Lido Experience when I finally get to experience my first cruise vacation.

Also, on the topic of the Lido - does anyone know if they do cheese blintz ever? Every buffet I've been to that had them was pretty classy - are they the marker of a great buffet?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

I am happy about this. It will keep the line going faster. Just sanitize before you go through and sanitize after you go through the line.

Exactly.  I use the hand sanitizer before handling the utensils and wash my hands with the hand washing machines before I eat.  If there are no hand washing machines, I will use the sanitizer again.  I have been doing this for years and have never gotten sick on a cruise.

Also, when scooping out food, I get the untouched portion in the back. I also try to get to the buffet as close to opening as possible.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Self-service including ice cream machines (for now). A perk of (mostly) vaccinated cruises.

Now how would one know this info as not a sole has boarded a Carnival ship yet. Last i heard Vista on July 3rd and Horizon on the 4th. What is the source ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Now how would one know this info as not a sole has boarded a Carnival ship yet. Last i heard Vista on July 3rd and Horizon on the 4th. What is the source ?

John Heald said it this morning

• Like 9

The only items I ever get at the self serve area of the buffet are potatoes and bacon to go with a made to order omelet. Too numerous areas for lunch and now too numerous areas for dinner as well to ever go to the buffet for those meals, for me.

• Like 1

Great news. Hopefully they can also up the single serve options as well and have a few front facing attendants who keep things clean like Vegas. It would be hell on the poor workers backs/elbows to have to bend and reach all day serving folks, plus it slows things down. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Also, when scooping out food, I get the untouched portion in the back. I also try to get to the buffet as close to opening as possible.

Now that you've let the cat out of the bag there won't be an untouched portion in the pan left to dig into! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

Now how would one know this info as not a sole has boarded a Carnival ship yet. 

Has Carnival updated the dinner menus? Filet of sole sounds delicious especially when served with a citrus beurre blanc sauce. We'll keep an eye open for it on the Horizon.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sanmarcosman said:

Now that you've let the cat out of the bag there won't be an untouched portion in the pan left to dig into! 

I think the majority of people don't really care.  I am pretty picky when it comes to food items being fresh and not contaminated.  LOL.  You would think someone like me wouldn't even touch the buffet, but it's all about washing hands after handling utensils and getting the untouched food. There's an art to it. 🤣  

The butter crock was so disgusting to me, but that's an entirely different thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

I think the majority of people don't really care.  I am pretty picky when it comes to food items being fresh and not contaminated.  LOL.  You would think someone like me wouldn't even touch the buffet, but it's all about washing hands after handling utensils and getting the untouched food. There's an art to it. 🤣  

The butter crock was so disgusting to me, but that's an entirely different thread.

I used Carnival's hand washing machines in the lido for the first time on the Panorama and I liked it a lot. Quick, easy and clean paper towels at the ready to dry your hands and no bathroom door to open as you walked away.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AHS123 said:

I used Carnival's hand washing machines in the lido for the first time on the Panorama and I liked it a lot. Quick, easy and clean paper towels at the ready to dry your hands and no bathroom door to open as you walked away.

They have them on several ships now.  I really like them too.  They are conveniently located near the buffet and Guy's Burgers.  I will use hand sanitizer if I have to, but I prefer using those hand washing machines.

• Like 2

Anyone worried about eating from a self serve buffet should probably skip cruising all together and a lot of other places. In the end the virus spreads just fine through the air. Bacteria and viruses are everywhere pretty much all the time- every surface. Every single surface. Wash your hands, eat with utensils, don't touch the elevator button, lol but no really. In the end take individual cautions and be careful and get vaccinated and have a great time.  

• Like 9

Just now, Jasonsterling said:

Anyone worried about eating from a self serve buffet should probably skip cruising all together and a lot of other places. In the end the virus spreads just fine through the air. Bacteria and viruses are everywhere pretty much all the time- every surface. Every single surface. Wash your hands, eat with utensils, don't touch the elevator button, lol but no really. In the end take individual cautions and be careful and get vaccinated and have a great time.  

Right, too be honest a server is more likely to spread a virus than a spoon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1