July latitudes rewards offer

Yinster

We have done the dinner with officers many times. Its always a good time, talking to people from other countries about their jobs on board, how they got there, what they do for vacation, etc. We tend to have a table for 2 in the MDR so don't mix too much with others. We have dined with the fire security officer, safety officer, recycling officer (?) photography manager (got us a free pic, lol), shops manager, hotel manager, staff captain. They always have interesting stories and the wine flows freely (we never get the booze package, so that's a nice perk). Usually in the MDR but a couple of times in a specialty restaurant.

We got to Platinum Plus the old fashioned way (1 point per night) so maybe we appreciate it more, lol. We still think the best perk is the free laundry. And the specialty dining, remember when that used to be 1 dinner for 2 per person, so we ate twice at le Bistro, but like everything else its getting scaled back.

We would love to see another level before Ambassador because we'll never get there.

Tony and Debbie

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, disneykins said:

And the specialty dining, remember when that used to be 1 dinner for 2 per person, so we ate twice at le Bistro, but like everything else its getting scaled back.

Isn't it still two meals a piece for two people?

8 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Isn't it still two meals a piece for two people?

Yes it is.

For a couple the difference is that the two meals now have different options, so you can't, for example, have them both at Le Bistro. Personally I prefer the extra choice, and don't consider it scaling back.

The other difference is that you only get a bottle of wine with one of them now. Not a major problem if you have the beverage package, but it's nice to have a bottle.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

How long have you been in the Latitudes program?

Since 2015. I can't find anything on their site about grandfathering people into this newest program. It's ok. Maybe we will get lucky and they will "accidentally" add that extra point. 🤣🤣🤣 

3 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Yes it is.

For a couple the difference is that the two meals now have different options, so you can't, for example, have them both at Le Bistro. Personally I prefer the extra choice, and don't consider it scaling back.

The other difference is that you only get a bottle of wine with one of them now. Not a major problem if you have the beverage package, but it's nice to have a bottle.

Thanks Keith.  I know you're our resident NCL dining expert and always appreciate your guidance on these issues.  😎

7 minutes ago, SSFun said:

Since 2015. I can't find anything on their site about grandfathering people into this newest program. It's ok. Maybe we will get lucky and they will "accidentally" add that extra point. 🤣🤣🤣 

This was effective Feb 2017:

rewards-point-structure-1.jpg

If you'll have at least 76 points, you may just get lucky!!  We've had multiple reports of this happening, so keep the faith brother. 😎  We got gold when we didn't "deserve" it and I'm hoping to do the same with Platinum.  After our next cruise, we'll be in that "grey" zone.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK

9 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

This was effective Feb 2017:

rewards-point-structure-1.jpg

If you'll have at least 76 points, you may just get lucky!!  We've had multiple reports of this happening, so keep the faith brother. 😎  We got gold when we didn't "deserve" it and I'm hoping to do the same with Platinum.  After our next cruise, we'll be in that "grey" zone.

That would be amazing! Thanks for sharing this! And congrats on your "gold"!

On 7/1/2021 at 6:27 PM, trex-de said:

Good tip. Thanks. Just emailed my PCC. Hopefully Melissa will add the promotion. 

My PCC must be enjoying the holiday. Have not even received an acknowledgment reply. Phase 2. The reminder…

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

How long have you been in the Latitudes program?

what ship and what category and what is the length .     while people have blasted me for commenting on booking the haven, in a suite or a haven suite you get 2 points per night any way. 

the promo might give you extra points throughout the entire cruise which could get you to platinum.

good luck, hope you make it to your goal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Are you grandfathered into the old point system?  You may only need 76 points.

Wait, what?  I took my very first (and only, until my upcoming Nov 20th sailing this year ) NCL cruise back in 2004. Does that mean I am grandfathered into the points system from back then?

17 minutes ago, complawyer said:

what ship and what category and what is the length .     while people have blasted me for commenting on booking the haven, in a suite or a haven suite you get 2 points per night any way. 

the promo might give you extra points throughout the entire cruise which could get you to platinum.

good luck, hope you make it to your goal.

At some point we would love to try out the Haven. I am sure that once we do we won't go back as I am sure my hubbie will LOVE it. 😀

For this Alaska cruise (7 days) we are booked in our first aft facing cabin and would rather have this experience than get those few extra points. We can wait one more cruise to get platinum.

38 minutes ago, SSFun said:

At some point we would love to try out the Haven. I am sure that once we do we won't go back as I am sure my hubbie will LOVE it. 😀

For this Alaska cruise (7 days) we are booked in our first aft facing cabin and would rather have this experience than get those few extra points. We can wait one more cruise to get platinum.

does the ship offer a regular "suite" as opposed to a haven? you get  the same perks but cant use the haven pool or bar, and the extra point per night.  if the price isnt to high you may want to opt for the suite ....remember not the club suite

3 hours ago, SSFun said:

2 hours ago, complawyer said:

does the ship offer a regular "suite" as opposed to a haven? you get  the same perks but cant use the haven pool or bar, and the extra point per night.  if the price isnt to high you may want to opt for the suite ....remember not the club suite

There are 14 suites aft on the ENCORE (you are on the ENCORE your post #73)

2 on each deck (9 thru 15)

A way to pick-up that extra point.

Remember that you earn the points AFTER completing the cruise.

9 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

There are 14 suites aft on the ENCORE (you are on the ENCORE your post #73)

2 on each deck (9 thru 15)

A way to pick-up that extra point.

Remember that you earn the points AFTER completing the cruise.

Yes, I saw them but they were long gone before this promo came back up. We are on the 8/14 sailing. We really are just thrilled  to be back on a ship and in our first aft facing balcony! We will be very happy if we do get the one extra point we need or are just moved to platinum without it, but will be fine if we need to go on one more cruise to get there. 😀

14 hours ago, caitlynambrai said:

Wait, what?  I took my very first (and only, until my upcoming Nov 20th sailing this year ) NCL cruise back in 2004. Does that mean I am grandfathered into the points system from back then?

It's hard to say. Since the tier levels changed there have been many reports of people still having the old points system applied, but it has been difficult to identify any logic to how it happens. At first we thought it was just if you had a cruise booked when the tiers changed, but it is still happening years later, so can't be that.

Does your 2004 cruise show in your cruise history? If so then maybe you will be lucky. Otherwise I think you will struggle to get it recognised now, as I think they have stopped adding old cruises to accounts.

Unfortunately, it seems that the only way of finding out whether you have been grandfathered in is to wait and see what happens at the relevant time.

• Like 2

Straight off of "NCL Latitudes Rewards Program overview" (beneath the Benefits chart):

"Note: We can only credit your Latitudes Rewards account with missing points for cruises taken within the last 12 months."

• Like 1

14 hours ago, caitlynambrai said:

Sorry, but according to their rules (been this way for several years), No!

"Note: We can only credit your Latitudes Rewards account with missing points for cruises taken within the last 12 months."

12 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

It's hard to say. Since the tier levels changed there have been many reports of people still having the old points system applied, but it has been difficult to identify any logic to how it happens. At first we thought it was just if you had a cruise booked when the tiers changed, but it is still happening years later, so can't be that.

Does your 2004 cruise show in your cruise history? If so then maybe you will be lucky. Otherwise I think you will struggle to get it recognised now, as I think they have stopped adding old cruises to accounts.

Unfortunately, it seems that the only way of finding out whether you have been grandfathered in is to wait and see what happens at the relevant time.

I wonder if somehow their system grandfathered in people that had a cruise booked when they changed the tier levels and they continued to stay on the old tier level system due to a computer glitch (or maybe tech forgot to remove it after those initial cruises?) and that people that didn't have a cruise booked just ended up on the new tier system. We did not have a cruise booked and we went from bronze to silver to gold at the current tier requirements. Is there anyone out there that got bumped up to silver, gold or platinum using the old tier system that either had or did not have a cruise booked when the system changed? Now I am curious. 🤣 

17 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Sorry, but according to their rules (been this way for several years), No!

Did the other poster tell us that their 2004 points were missing?

1 hour ago, ggTexasGal said:

Correct!  I replied to caitlynambrai in post #93.

I believe that the references to "grandfathering" have been related to the old tier system vs. the new tier system, not obtaining points from a cruise before they had any points system in place.  As long as that other poster earned lattitudes points in 2004, there is hope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RumRunner2021 said:

I believe that the references to "grandfathering" have been related to the old tier system vs. the new tier system, not obtaining points from a cruise before they had any points system in place.  As long as that other poster earned lattitudes points in 2004, there is hope.

Right, I was asking about grandfathering. All of my 7 points from my 2004 cruise are present and accounted for.

I was just excited to think I might be on the old points system!!

• Thanks 1

I saw above a comment about changes NCL would certainly make in the future.  Sure. Nothing stays the same. WE are their base.  Just like season ticket holders to sporting events, they count on us.  Marketing targets those who are deciding what to do.  We know what we want to do- cruise.  I am sure everyone has thought of other ways to spend our vacation dollars if cruising did not get going soon.  We have. The cruise lines and specifically NCL here doesn’t want to lose our $$$ - especially over something like loyalty perks. 

So perks will change.  Maybe they will add another level?  I will continue to build points.  Have been platinum for a while. Will never make ambassador.  Maybe they will make a Rhodium level above platinum  with an extra meal at Los Lobos.  I will take it. 

PCC updated my account and added the Latitude promotion. I just hope it sails. 

happy sailing

kg