July latitudes rewards offer

Yinster

On 7/1/2021 at 5:21 PM, gmbhardy said:

Pretty soon they’ll be giving 12 points per night so you’ll reach platinum status after one cruise. It felt kind of special reaching platinum status but now so many people are at that level it’s diluted the achievement. 

How so?  Aren't the benefits the same?  Why would I care if I'm the only one on the ship with this status or one of 2000?  I don't look at it as an "achievement."  I look at it as two more free meals and some other crap that I can't remember right now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

its nice to get the platinum or platinum + perks, but unless you're very young getting to ambassador is kind of unrealistic.  i'm 73 and my wife is 72 we currently have 196 points.

i have estimated that we will need to take at least two 14 night cruise for the next 8 years to achieve ambassador status. i dont think thats going to happen. as long as i can get off the ship on disembarkation day with little or no waiting, i'm happy. thank god for the concierge

And you will still come up short by 56 points.

Presuming you are in a suite or better - - -

2 x 14 = 28 x 2 = 56

56 x 8 = 448

+ the 196 in the bank = 644

Ambassador - 700 

you are short 56 

Looks like one more year of 2 cruises should just do it

or fast track it with one or more of the double bonus points cruises.

Wonder what cruising will be like in 8-9 years -

Will Ambassador be the new Platinum and Commodore be the rank to impress - LOL !

Carry On --- platinum + mate 

36 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

And you will still come up short by 56 points.

Presuming you are in a suite or better - - -

2 x 14 = 28 x 2 = 56

56 x 8 = 448

+ the 196 in the bank = 644

Ambassador - 700 

you are short 56 

Looks like one more year of 2 cruises should just do it

or fast track it with one or more of the double bonus points cruises.

Wonder what cruising will be like in 8-9 years -

Will Ambassador be the new Platinum and Commodore be the rank to impress - LOL !

Carry On --- platinum + mate 

regardless, ain't no way i'm gonna make it, nor do i plan to do so.

maybe if ncl were nice and thoughtful (which they definitely are not)they would offer something half-way like at 500 points.

and here, i'm sure others will call me out, while they offer a free cruise, is it an inside cabin. a deal is only a deal if it's something  you want. ok, i'll admit i'm a snob, i dont want an inside cabin, even if it's free

8 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

How so?  Aren't the benefits the same?  Why would I care if I'm the only one on the ship with this status or one of 2000?  I don't look at it as an "achievement."  I look at it as two more free meals and some other crap that I can't remember right now.

Does anyone really believe that will last longer than 2022?

First these promotions seem to be pretty desperate considering that so far the public statements always have been stronger bookings than ever, huge demand, ...

Second those free meals, free laundry, free behind the scenes tour do not only stress the availability, more important they reduce the on board revenue. And that is where NCL needs to make a good amount of money in the near future. We already saw that with the shore excursion percentages off and price raises.

No doubt we will see a new and "improved" latitudes program soon. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, complawyer said:

maybe if ncl were nice and thoughtful (which they definitely are not)they would offer something half-way like at 500 points.

Why?  What are you saying - Esquire-class with a two day cruise in the onboard law library suite?  I think if NCL saw the marketing value in another award level, they would have already done it.  I rest my case.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

Why?  What are you saying - Esquire-class with a two day cruise in the onboard law library suite?  I think if NCL saw the marketing value in another award level, they would have already done it.  I rest my case.

again  your sarcasm is underwhelming. i was just commenting that if there was another point level in between platinum+ and ambassador, it would open the door to a lot more people. EVEN YOU!

dont post and tell me that you would not appreciate another tier of eligibility, unless youre holding out on everyone and have already reached ambassador status. if so, what type of cabin did you get.

oh, you know what you can do with your rested case!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, RumRunner2021 said:

Still digging??  🤣

no, just commenting on the fact that a "deal" isnt really a "deal" if it's not anything you want.

ncl has offered us "free" inside cabins since 2010. it's a promotion run in conjunction with Cesar's entertainment about 4 times a year.

i wont comment on what type of cabin you might prefer (and frankly, scarlett, i dont give a d**m).

i dont want to spend a week or more in an inside cabin.

sorry, i much prefer having a balcony, sitting on it with a cold brew, watching the sunset, and taking pictures of each port.

you cant do that in an inside cabin. so! my friend this is not digging, and by the way, why the need for the all the hostility?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, complawyer said:

again  your sarcasm is underwhelming. i was just commenting that if there was another point level in between platinum+ and ambassador, it would open the door to a lot more people. EVEN YOU!

dont post and tell me that you would not appreciate another tier of eligibility, unless youre holding out on everyone and have already reached ambassador status. if so, what type of cabin did you get.

I agree with you regarding the point levels.  Once you reach platinum, getting to platinum plus gets you hardly anything more.   And getting to ambassador status is almost impossible.  There should be another level in between platinum plus and ambassador, that gives more benefits.  Maybe some OBC, or another free speciality restaurant.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, complawyer said:

Open the door to what though?  You already admitted that you (actually, most folks at your tier level) are not going to try that hard just to get a free 7 night inside cabin.  So what do you think you would get at the half way level?  I think once you are Platinum there is no need to go any further (for the sake of the tier level) since the rewards after that are not proportionate to what it is you get.  

• Like 3

Apparently "Prince Charming" hasn't figured out that many on this forum can stay in steerage and still have a fantastic time.  That's fine, until it starts to turn into insults directed towards other posters.  I'm not a moderator, and I won't play one, but I'm pretty sure that insulting fellow posters is against the rules.  I would dread the day that I became so spoiled that I couldn't be happy in anything other than the finest, most expensive, accommodations.  There's much more to life than a tiny balcony where you have a 75% chance of NOT facing the sunset.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Open the door to what though?  You already admitted that you (actually, most folks at your tier level) are not going to try that hard just to get a free 7 night inside cabin.  So what do you think you would get at the half way level?  I think once you are Platinum there is no need to go any further (for the sake of the tier level) since the rewards after that are not proportionate to what it is you get.  

It's quite funny.  You need 80 to get to Platinum and then have to DOUBLE that to get:

--> 5% extra off on shore excursions (15% vs 10%)

-->  2 cartons of water vs 1 carton 

-->  60 minutes vs 30 minutes internet

-->  dinner with officers (why anyone wants to do this I don't know, they are your servants, not the other way around!)

-->  priority restaurant and entertainment seating (seems to be very hit and miss, and I don't think I'd relish passing people in the line waving 'look at me', but each to their own!

They don't even give you extra discount on the photos 🙂

24 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Open the door to what though?  You already admitted that you (actually, most folks at your tier level) are not going to try that hard just to get a free 7 night inside cabin.  So what do you think you would get at the half way level?  

Some people live for status symbols.  It's an accommodation for an inner insecurity that makes them seek out something to make them feel better than others.  It may be flashing around credentials and titles.  It may be suggesting that others who can't or won't pay for the finest are missing all the fun and should just stay home.  I'm leaving out a lot more. 🤣

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

-->  dinner with officers (why anyone wants to do this I don't know, they are your servants, not the other way around!)

That's funny.  I feel the exact same way.  I would be more interested is some high end food than meeting some high end officers.  Has anybody reading this actually attended one of these?

15 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

priority restaurant and entertainment seating (seems to be very hit and miss, and I don't think I'd relish passing people in the line waving 'look at me', but each to their own!

That may be useful if it cuts through the maze of booking specialty restaurants.  Again, maybe somebody at this status level can fill us in.  😎

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

That's funny.  I feel the exact same way.  I would be more interested is some high end food than meeting some high end officers.  Has anybody reading this actually attended one of these?

That may be useful if it cuts through the maze of booking specialty restaurants.  Again, maybe somebody at this status level can fill us in.  😎

I can tell you when I am in Haven I was able to get into restaurants the day of that were "fully booked" and at the exact time I requested to boot.  If that is the same level of what you get, then it is a good benefit.  Again, most of the tier perks you actually get automagically as a haven guest, and since I try to go in the haven every chance I get, the only thing leveling up will give me is pretty much 2 extra meals with my wife and specialty restaurants.  

• Like 1

Just now, oteixeira said:

I can tell you when I am in Haven I was able to get into restaurants the day of that were "fully booked" and at the exact time I requested to boot.  If that is the same level of what you get, then it is a good benefit.  Again, most of the tier perks you actually get automagically as a haven guest, and since I try to go in the haven every chance I get, the only thing leveling up will give me is pretty much 2 extra meals with my wife and specialty restaurants.  

Thanks.  It would be nice to just decide once on board which restaurant/time we wanted and have a good chance of getting it.  Until then, I'll just keep setting a reminder for 120 days out.  We have an upcoming cruise that passed the 120 day mark.  I set my alarm and got on the computer about 20 minutes after midnight on day 120.  Was able to book three specialties at good times (6:00 for two, 6:30 for another).  A week later and they were all 8:00/8:30 or sold out.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks.  It would be nice to just decide once on board which restaurant/time we wanted and have a good chance of getting it.  Until then, I'll just keep setting a reminder for 120 days out.  We have an upcoming cruise that passed the 120 day mark.  I set my alarm and got on the computer about 20 minutes after midnight on day 120.  Was able to book three specialties at good times (6:00 for two, 6:30 for another).  A week later and they were all 8:00/8:30 or sold out.

For you, and honestly everyone reading this....I want to say this does not work every time.  I have had times I tried to do this, or even move my time when I am in Haven, and have been turned down.  It is more of a 50/50 shot, and even when I am in haven I try to pre-plan my specialties online, just like you would.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oteixeira said:

it would still be nice if ncl offered something in between platinum + and ambassador. maybe a few extra free meals, or some actual "free" shore excursions and not just $50 off one person. maybe a $250 obc, or even a free cruise next certificate. I'm sure if they wanted to and really though about it, they could come up with something.

by the way, i have "0" interest in dinner with the ship officers. that means i have to get dressed up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Apparently "Prince Charming" hasn't figured out that many on this forum can stay in steerage and still have a fantastic time.  That's fine, until it starts to turn into insults directed towards other posters.  I'm not a moderator, and I won't play one, but I'm pretty sure that insulting fellow posters is against the rules.  I would dread the day that I became so spoiled that I couldn't be happy in anything other than the finest, most expensive, accommodations.  There's much more to life than a tiny balcony where you have a 75% chance of NOT facing the sunset.

Yeah, and for somebody who pays top $$ for the finest accommodations, he sure looks for a lot of free stuff. "NCL gimme, gimme. gimme..."

And btw - I'd be happy in a tiny balcony any day.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, complawyer said:

i dont want to spend a week or more in an inside cabin.

When we're on a cruise, we spend about 10 hours a day in the cabin, and 8 - 9 of that is sleeping.  Why would anybody spend the whole week in their cabin?

• Like 1