July latitudes rewards offer

Yinster

On 7/1/2021 at 3:20 PM, Sand and Seas said:

Is the Promo code for the extra double Latitudes points LATDBLX?

Thank you for posting the code.  When I called I was told I already had the promotion with the code Latitudes but I said I wanted this code.  I was able to get it applied to my reservation.

• Like 1

I was Silver when the loyalty program program changed with 28 points. I was demoted to bronze being 2 points short. It’s been a long journey back to silver I will be gold on my next cruise and thanks to triple points, platinum the cruise after that. I have 4 cruises booked on the 2 extra points promo from earlier this summer. 

27 minutes ago, saltsandknit said:

I was Silver when the loyalty program program changed with 28 points. I was demoted to bronze being 2 points short. It’s been a long journey back to silver I will be gold on my next cruise and thanks to triple points, platinum the cruise after that. I have 4 cruises booked on the 2 extra points promo from earlier this summer. 

With this long pause from cruising, I feel like they needed to do something for those of you who would have made Platinum earlier.   

For us, we have been Plat Plus since they created the new program.   About the only thing it does for us beyond the two dinners (which we enjoy!) is the opportunity to board earlier in some embarkation ports.   

It would be nice if they would tweak the benefits a little.  I would like them to give us a choice from a small list of standard benefits.  Surely their computer system could note that we would give up the bottle of wine for an extra plate of chocolate strawberries🤔

39 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

With this long pause from cruising, I feel like they needed to do something for those of you who would have made Platinum earlier. 

I am 5 points from Platinum. Would have hit it with my 3/15/2020 sailing that was canceled two days out or any of my other four sailings that have been canceled since.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, saltsandknit said:

I am 3 points from gold. I have had 4 cruises canceled 2 were long cruises so I would be platinum as well. I’m not worried about it as I will continue sail NCL regardless as well as a few other lines. I just love cruising 

Half-way there - 1 bag of laundry at 50% off - LOL !

I hit platinum after my last cruise, thanks to the grandfathered system.  Oh boy, I was so looking forward to being able to get into the Platinum line & get the dinners & the laundry on my next cruise!! A couple weeks later, the world shut down 😞 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saltsandknit said:

That's odd.  Has anybody else been "demoted?"  I was gold and stayed gold, even though my points were no longer in the gold range.

3 hours ago, trivimp said:

I hit platinum after my last cruise, thanks to the grandfathered system.  Oh boy, I was so looking forward to being able to get into the Platinum line & get the dinners & the laundry on my next cruise!! A couple weeks later, the world shut down 😞 

I hope you get to use it soon!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, saltsandknit said:

You should not have been DEMOTED to Bronze -

Your status should have been grandfathered in at the existing achieved Silver level.

If this is not too late offering this LINK for help:

The new Latitudes levels was circa April 2017

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) - Elliott Advocacy

Make a fuss - stick up for your rights - although at this point probably nothing to gain -

But NCL did screw up - they gotta stop doing that way of business !  LOL ?

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 5:32 PM, JamieLogical said:

I had no issues. Already have my updated confirmations for both 9/26 and 10/3 on the Breakaway. Bonus is that taxes and port fees also dropped about $14 for each sailing.

I tried to do the same thing for my Jan 2022 cruise, but was denied.  My cabin type is sold out and I guess they need to see a price in order to add the promo code.  Something to remember for future promo codes.  

11 minutes ago, WarfRatWA said:

I tried to do the same thing for my Jan 2022 cruise, but was denied.  My cabin type is sold out and I guess they need to see a price in order to add the promo code.  Something to remember for future promo codes.  

Yes, very explicitly, you cannot request added/changed perks to a booking if your cabin type is sold out or the price has increased.

7 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Yes, very explicitly, you cannot request added/changed perks to a booking if your cabin type is sold out or the price has increased.

Can't they reprice it if there is a negligible price increase in order to add a new promo code?  

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Probably. If the passenger is willing to pay the price difference.

That's what I thought.  My next cruise has increased in price something like $18 total, so if there was some fantastic new promo I would certainly take advantage of it.  Fortunately, mine already was booked under the triple point promo a few months ago, so no need to change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

That's what I thought.  My next cruise has increased in price something like $18 total, so if there was some fantastic new promo I would certainly take advantage of it.  Fortunately, mine already was booked under the triple point promo a few months ago, so no need to change.

If the cabin type is sold out, how is one able to know the current price?  This is an area that I have no experience in.

48 minutes ago, WarfRatWA said:

If the cabin type is sold out, how is one able to know the current price?  This is an area that I have no experience in.

It doesn't matter. If the category is sold out, they won't let you have the new promos applied to your existing booking.

51 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

It doesn't matter. If the category is sold out, they won't let you have the new promos applied to your existing booking.

While I was curious about the promo code, I have also noticed other cabin types dropping in price for my cruise and was wondering if my cabin type also was dropping, but guess if its sold out there is no way to know.

Just now, kdpatte said:

I have called twice and both times was told that the special was already applied to my booking when I made it.  How do I know that this is true?

Do you have your cruise confirmation? If so, one of the codes in the upper right will be "LATDBLX".

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kdpatte said:

No on my confirmation it says LATITUDE. Is that because it is ony 1 pt extra per night because it is in 2022??

Right, if your cruise is in 2022, you only get the one extra point per night, so I believe that is the correct code for you.

37 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Right, if your cruise is in 2022, you only get the one extra point per night, so I believe that is the correct code for you.

Did the July special only apply to 2021?  I have several cruises in 2022 - 2024 that show the double point bonus offered in May.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Did the July special only apply to 2021?  I have several cruises in 2022 - 2024 that show the double point bonus offered in May.

The offer has been constantly changing each month, and becoming more limited.

It was originally two extra points and applied to all cruises, and the number of extra points and the cruises included have reduced.

I booked back in May, I think, and my cruises in 2022 and 2023 qualified for triple points.