Making The Best Of A Drinks Package

KennyFla

No, not talking about drinking 25 drinks a day because we can.

We are in the YC for the first time on Divina in October.  This will be the first time we have the premium drinks package.  At home we usually drink the basic cocktails: Old Fashioned, Manhattan, G&T, etc.  But we like to try new things, so what are some favorite drinks of yours when you have the package?

We figured what a great way to sample new things.  All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Baileys in hot chocolate.  Usually treat myself to one per cruise for elevenses (only time I’ll drink alcohol before lunchtime). 

Brandy and port - don’t know how many passengers over the years that have tried (and liked) it after asking me what I was drinking. 

• Like 2

A long island ice tea is a must as your first drink aboard as it goes straight to your head! haha.

Frozen cocktails by the pool on hot day can be very refreshing like a strawberry daquiri, you can also get the non alcoholic version (it tastes like a slush puppie) 😁

Edited by nyk24
  • Like 1

I would recommend to try different cocktails but with the same base alcohol on any given day.

So on the first day you can have only vodka based cocktails and on the second day only rum based cocktails, etc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2021 at 8:39 AM, KennyFla said:

We are in the YC for the first time on Divina in October.  This will be the first time we have the premium drinks package.  At home we usually drink the basic cocktails: Old Fashioned, Manhattan, G&T, etc.  But we like to try new things, so what are some favorite drinks of yours when you have the package?

We figured what a great way to sample new things.  All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

One of my favorites is the Gold Rush.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just got off Seaview and Grandiosa in the Mediterranean and all frozen drinks are included in the Easy Plus package (all frozen cocktails are 8 Euros, not 9).

The best Frozen cocktails were BBC and Rock Lobster.

You can also request the bartender to reduce the amount of juice and increase the amount of alcohol in the Frozen cocktail (no charge). If required, you can even have it without ice.

The premium cocktails €9--13 are not included in Easy Plus

• 4 months later...

@drselPlease don't revive old threads (repeatedly). If you have something to say, and it's been 4 months, or a year, start a new thread. It's kind of the rule of this forum. By kind of, I mean it is 😁

Edited by Hutcha

1 hour ago, Hutcha said:

@drselPlease don't revive old threads (repeatedly). If you have something to say, and it's been 4 months, or a year, start a new thread. It's kind of the rule of this forum. By kind of, I mean it is 😁

Serious question: what's the problem with reviving old threads (that stay on topic)? I often see new threads that link to old threads because the info is already out there. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, jcathers1 said:

Serious question: what's the problem with reviving old threads (that stay on topic)? I often see new threads that link to old threads because the info is already out there. 

Good question. I'm no expert, but old threads can often have outdated info. People can invest time and research into a topic, only to find that it's no longer valid. While this thread is on the shorter side, you can easily get pages into something, only to realize the info is years old.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

There is a marvelous feature that is included for each post.

It is the date (month, day, year for older posts) hours and minutes for new posts.

Pretty easy to determine if information is old.

yes. I kind of like when an old thread is revised. Less hopping all over, but I look at date to see when comment was made.

• Like 1

Actually the video was just to prove that medically it is better & safer to have one peg every hour when you have the unlimited drinks package.

Instead of consuming many drinks in rapid succession.

Space them out for maximum pleasure and joy!

21 hours ago, Hutcha said:

This thread could be a week old, a year old or a decade old.  So what?  Valid question.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 8:39 AM, KennyFla said:

I would try for 25..... lol   We were on NCL last year.  Tried for the first time a Key Lime Pie Martini, based on asking the bartender.  Let them surprise you.

On 3/24/2023 at 1:01 PM, Gatordad1967 said:

I would try for 25..... lol   We were on NCL last year.  Tried for the first time a Key Lime Pie Martini, based on asking the bartender.  Let them surprise you.

We did, and It was great.  🙂 

• Like 1

I would rather a topic is "revived" than see a variety of posts asking the same thing.  Interesting video about metabolising of alcohol by the way.

I am a drinker, but I do struggle pacing myself!  

My favourite is a version of mudslide.   Not a frozen one though.    Equal parts baileys/vodka/kahlua with ice in a shaker.   (well that's how I make it)     I don't put cream in mine, as that makes it quite sickly, and even more calorific. 

A good drink to try is also Aviation Martini 

• Like 1