Canadian Cruisers

Patches353

1 hour ago, Thechamp555 said:

I feel is it better option then a paper version. The QR code can be stored electronically easely on your smart phone. The QR code is used by many countries around the world as a vaccine passport.

Of course a QR code is a better option, but Ontario is not yet on board. However, there is nothing stopping me from saving a copy of the Ontario document on my phone, as well as keeping the paper copy in my wallet.

9 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

Yes to highest density.

Assuming that your black ink or toner levels are ok, the only other thing I'd suggest is to try printing it on a different printer to see if that makes a difference.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thechamp555 said:

I feel is it better option then a paper version. The QR code can be stored electronically easely on your smart phone. The QR code is used by many countries around the world as a vaccine passport.

And for those who don't have a smart phone.....and I don't want one.  I have a pay as you go phone that is always turned off except for at the airport or an emergency.  Costs for $100.00 year

15 hours ago, gnome12 said:

Of course a QR code is a better option, but Ontario is not yet on board. However, there is nothing stopping me from saving a copy of the Ontario document on my phone, as well as keeping the paper copy in my wallet.

I wish they'd come out with a wallet sized card like our OHIP one.

7 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

I wish they'd come out with a wallet sized card like our OHIP one.

In BC we have a wallet size card. We tried taking a picture of it on our smart phone for our records but what happened was that when the camera on the phone focus on the card, a website showed up on the screen of the phone. The smartphone picked up the QR code and directed it to the BC Health site. So we have 2 ways of accessing our vaccination records...one on BC Health app and the other on the wallet size card that directs you to the site. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lostinparadise999 said:

In BC we have a wallet size card. We tried taking a picture of it on our smart phone for our records but what happened was that when the camera on the phone focus on the card, a website showed up on the screen of the phone. The smartphone picked up the QR code and directed it to the BC Health site. So we have 2 ways of accessing our vaccination records...one on BC Health app and the other on the wallet size card that directs you to the site. 

QR code is the way to go. So easy to manage and handle when needed. Not sure why Ontario doesn't offer it at moment ?

On 7/7/2021 at 7:00 AM, CruisingCanucksTwo said:

I've been dealing direct with Carnival reps and I can confirm that Pfizer combined with Moderna IS considered fully vaccinated not only in Ontario, but with the CDC and internationally.  I received this combination and will be cruising in several weeks.

I was told by Carnival to go to this website Ontario COVID-19 vaccination service (ontariohealth.ca) and obtain my official 2nd dose (fully vaccinated) print out.  I was told specifically to get this one that has the 'watermark' that is available on this site.

Here is what mine looks like...

image.thumb.png.98d71a47ea8d1d3c66e584ee3d24aa72.png

If you have had both doses, do you need to print both copies or or only the second one that says you have had your second dose?

Thanks for the information. I did not realize that there were different forms to print. The one with the water mark I presume is more official.

6 hours ago, lostinparadise999 said:

I'll have to try that.  Right now I have the card, printed copy and a screen shot from the BC Health website.  We're getting on that ship!!

We have a laminated wallet size card and the QR code on our phones.  It's hard to know what will be accepted because every province is issuing something different.  It would be nice to have them all agree on one specific documentation. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, trtog7 said:

If you have had both doses, do you need to print both copies or or only the second one that says you have had your second dose?

Thanks for the information. I did not realize that there were different forms to print. The one with the water mark I presume is more official.

I plan on bringing both but will only show the 2nd that shows I'm fully vaccinated with 2 doses and the date. If they require both they no problem I'll then show the first one as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LouTheGlue said:

I plan on bringing both but will only show the 2nd that shows I'm fully vaccinated with 2 doses and the date. If they require both they no problem I'll then show the first one as well.

That is my view as well.

6 hours ago, trtog7 said:

The ON certificate for the second injection has the language "You have received 2 valid dose(s)". I plan to only have this certificate on my phone, etc. so that there is no confusion with the first dose vaccine being Pfizer and the second Moderna.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, broberts said:

The ON certificate for the second injection has the language "You have received 2 valid dose(s)". I plan to only have this certificate on my phone, etc. so that there is no confusion with the first dose vaccine being Pfizer and the second Moderna.

That's why I hope they only need the second certificate, since my fist one is AstraZeneca and My second is Pfiser.

On 7/8/2021 at 5:53 AM, matamanoa said:

Bruce and I are also wondering if by next year in Aug. when our first post pandemic cruise comes up, whether we will still have to have a 72 hour pre flight covid test.  If so, that means we would have to add some extra days on after the cruise to get the test done.  That means extra expense for hotels, the kennel where our dog will be, the test itself - so much stress and uncertainty.

Barb

Hi Barb

Check with your cruise line.  I spoke to Princess and the ship itself will have the ability to do several different types of covid test.  That includes the pre flight test that is necessary for international travel.

Elaine

Question of how CDC will deal with cruisers returning to Miami, specifically b2b. There is a YouTube vlog of a couple who were taken out of line as they had been “out of the country” on another cruise. They reported that b2b cruisers were also targeted. They were required to wait while another COVID test was done. The solution might be not to disembark between legs of a b2b.

How will Canada (Ontario) handle us on return from Miami when we have been in other countries as well as the US? Quarantine? So many unknowns.

First thing , Ontario has nothing to do with it.  The rules and regulations are manage by the federal authorities in Canada.

It is simple, you will have a test done at disembarkation, if your negative you can leave the country and  go to the airport, IF you end up being positive. You will have to stay a minimum of 14 nights at your destination before being able to return to Canada. Make sure you insurance policy covers this possible situation.

A 14 days quarantine is still needed but at home not at an Hotel.

Enjoy ! 😃😃

16 hours ago, Winnigirl said:

We have a laminated wallet size card and the QR code on our phones.  It's hard to know what will be accepted because every province is issuing something different.  It would be nice to have them all agree on one specific documentation. 

Cruise lines are looking for whatever original documentation that you were given after your second shot, showing that you are fully vaccinated. They have no interest in what you have on your phone. While each province and territory issues different documents, so does every country around the world, and cruise lines aren't looking for a single Canadian document. 

2 hours ago, Thechamp555 said:

A 14 days quarantine is still needed but at home not at an Hotel.

Not if you are fully vaccinated. As of July 5, they will give you a test either at the airport or to take home. You have to isolate until that comes back negative. If it does, you are done. If you are positive, then you are under the rules of the local public health.

2 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Not if you are fully vaccinated. As of July 5, they will give you a test either at the airport or to take home. You have to isolate until that comes back negative. If it does, you are done. If you are positive, then you are under the rules of the local public health.

Hello gnome12, I called ArriveCan help line last Friday  and they clearly indicated that if you test positive at the end of your cruise ( in my case Florida  ) you wouldn't be allowed to board your plane to Canada. 

Let me know if you call them and the type of answer you will get. Thanks !

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Thechamp555 said:

Hello gnome12, I called ArriveCan help line last Friday  and they clearly indicated that if you test positive at the end of your cruise ( in my case Florida  ) you wouldn't be allowed to board your plane to Canada. 

I wasn’t talking about the test before you fly, because you can’t get on the plane. If you are allowed to board the plane and arrive in Canada there is no automatic 14 day quarantine. You isolate until you get a negative result from your test on arrival. 

1 minute ago, gnome12 said:

I wasn’t talking about the test before you fly, because you can’t get on the plane. If you are allowed to board the plane and arrive in Canada there is no automatic 14 day quarantine. You isolate until you get a negative result from your test on arrival. 

Ok thanks for the clarification.

Helpfully the obligation to stay longer if a person turn positive will be lifted soon because this will cause some possible major headaches to travellers in the coming months.

1 hour ago, Thechamp555 said:

I'm not arguing with that. You have to have a pre-departure test; a positive means you can't get on the plane. However, if you were negative then, get on the plane, and arrive in Canada, as of July 5 there is no automatic 14 day quarantine if you are fully vaccinated. You get tested at the airport, and isolate while you wait for the results of the ARRIVAL test. If that is negative you are done. I am not discussing the pre-departure test at all.

15 hours ago, MarynotMartha said:

Hi Barb

Check with your cruise line.  I spoke to Princess and the ship itself will have the ability to do several different types of covid test.  That includes the pre flight test that is necessary for international travel.

Elaine

Thanks Elaine, I will do that closer to the time.  Right now, rules are changing by the day and things could be quite different by next year.  We also have to find out what to do in the case of a b2b but on two different cruises.  We get off of the first cruise and right onto the second cruise the same day and each cruise line might have different criteria.  It's all so stressful!

We are sailing on the Adventure of the Seas this July. Although the Bahamas government does not require fully vaccinated travelers to have a negative Covid test to enter into their country. It is a Royal Caribbean's requirement to have a negative RT-PCR test to get on the ship. By chance, does anyone from Toronto, Ontario happen to know where to get this test for a reasonable price? I did some research and it ranges from $175-$200 Canadian per person, including a certificate that we need to show.  So it adds up for both of us. Thank you in advance.