Canadian Cruisers

Patches353

2 hours ago, K_e_short said:

John Heald has confirmed a few times that RIGHT NOW Carnival is not doing any testing for Canadian travellers that need a test to return to Canada.

That might change in 5 minutes but thats the current statement.

Can you post the email you're going to get in the next few days about Canadians and mixed doses? John Heald said this morning that Canadians booked until the end of October would get an email with "clarification".

If you scroll down in this section you will find information on the best places to get a test before coming home. Specifically some people have said you can go to a drug store to get a test but the Orlando airport also does PCR testing (just for a high price 😞

Are you going on the Mardi Gras? If so I'm VERY JEALOUS 🙂

Sure!  No Mardi Gras, the Magic, as it was an "add on" to our Disney, nevertheless we love cruising and are so excited to hopefully step foot back on a ship!  Problem for us and the way our dates worked is that the cruise is at the end of our stay so we need the PCR/NAAT test to be same day results if we get them day we leave, as I understand right now my options are at MCO before we check in (a little risky for my liking) or we are scoping out the option of doing a day pass at Atlantis in Nassau and getting the PCR test there, which would be 72hrs before flight home.  I wish we could have swung by a Walgreens for the free PCR/NAAT test but they are 48hr results I believe:(

Edited by petuniaflower
  • Like 1

In my email from Carnival earlier this week about my August 15th cruise from Miami on the Horizon....

It simply has a link to their policies page...

Have Fun. Be Safe. | COVID-19 Guest Protocols | Carnival Cruise Line 

I noticed some new information is there about documentation, back to back and mixed vaccines.

You are required to show information on both dosages - so, not just the final paper that says 2 doses administered.  So I will be bringing BOTH vaccination details.  I am mixed Pfizer and Moderna.

With regards to mixing and back to back this was also posted for Canadians...

image.thumb.png.f47b5bf863fb5f8d735ef19122cc9669.png

1 hour ago, petuniaflower said:

Sure!  No Mardi Gras, the Magic, as it was an "add on" to our Disney, nevertheless we love cruising and are so excited to hopefully step foot back on a ship!  Problem for us and the way our dates worked is that the cruise is at the end of our stay so we need the PCR/NAAT test to be same day results if we get them day we leave, as I understand right now my options are at MCO before we check in (a little risky for my liking) or we are scoping out the option of doing a day pass at Atlantis in Nassau and getting the PCR test there, which would be 72hrs before flight home.  I wish we could have swung by a Walgreens for the free PCR/NAAT test but they are 48hr results I believe:(

Got this just now..it then goes on about unvaccinated guest info, as you will be considered unvaxxed if you have the mixed doses I guess.image.thumb.png.c8ff4f2112aaedfe9b3aa39a7a62975a.png

image.thumb.png.c8ff4f2112aaedfe9b3aa39a7a62975a.png

4 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

Got this just now..it then goes on about unvaccinated guest info, as you will be considered unvaxxed if you have the mixed doses I guess.image.thumb.png.c8ff4f2112aaedfe9b3aa39a7a62975a.png

Thank you for posting that.

That is what I thought would happen.

Hmm.. Do I want to apply or just cancel..

Just now, K_e_short said:

I received a mix vaccines and I'll have to cancel. I'm not going and to be considered unvaccinated. No way !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, petuniaflower said:

The good news is that Pfizer / Moderna mixes are acceptable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thechamp555 said:

I received a mix vaccines and I'll have to cancel. I'm not going and to be considered unvaccinated. No way !

Same here.  There are lots of other vacation options, than to pay the same price and be treated as a second class citizen.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, K_e_short said:

So after being on hold for almost 3 hours I spoke to a lovely Carnival person who told me to wait.

She said the announcement today only is up until end of October.

She said if vaccinated cruises are required in December (when my cruise is scheduled) that I would get a full refund.

That includes the money I paid for Fly2Fun (which was non refundable) and the $200 deposit that was also non refundable. 

So I'm going to wait and if the cruise in vaccinated I will call before September 27th and cancel.

• Like 1

This whole mixed dose thing just makes me want to cry, I did what I was told and thought was the right thing and now I may be able to cruise, but be considered unvaccinated. I hope this gets sorted out sooner than later. I don't cruise until March at this point, but it makes me want to get a second dose of Pfizer, which would be a third dose of vaccine, and feels like I'd be stealing it from someone else. If they'd even let me. Just makes me angry. I should just wait until the border opens and go get the one shot Johnson and Johnson, maybe I'd have super covid resistant powers then with all the different vaccines... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MamatoJack said:

This whole mixed dose thing just makes me want to cry, I did what I was told and thought was the right thing and now I may be able to cruise, but be considered unvaccinated. I hope this gets sorted out sooner than later. I don't cruise until March at this point, but it makes me want to get a second dose of Pfizer, which would be a third dose of vaccine, and feels like I'd be stealing it from someone else. If they'd even let me. Just makes me angry. I should just wait until the border opens and go get the one shot Johnson and Johnson, maybe I'd have super covid resistant powers then with all the different vaccines... 

I feel exactly the same after one Aztra ans one Pfizer. We gave been totally screwed ! No other words should ne used !!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MamatoJack said:

We are in the exact same spot.  Thinking the exact same thing as you are.  We are cruising in November for our 20th wedding anniversary (without our 2 teens) and are most likely going to cancel. Probably go to the Mayan Riviera. 

We are heartbroken as we are cruising on December 26th with our teens and are not sure what to do about that as well.  They love the New Years cruises and their hearts will be broken as well.  😞 

Absolutely mind blowing news....but....

US land crossing not opening to Canadians until August 21st at the earliest.

US vaccination rates lower and cases much higher - vaccinated Canadians are nearly zero risk to the USA.  Sounds political and not scienced-based.   So sad to see our neighbours to the south struggle with the balance between health protocol and political opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kafraser78 said:

We are in the exact same spot.  Thinking the exact same thing as you are.  We are cruising in November for our 20th wedding anniversary (without our 2 teens) and are most likely going to cancel. Probably go to the Mayan Riviera. 

We are heartbroken as we are cruising on December 26th with our teens and are not sure what to do about that as well.  They love the New Years cruises and their hearts will be broken as well.  😞 

There is nothing preventing you from cruising. You simply have to comply with the rules for unvaccinated passengers. Not ideal, I agree. But heartbreaking?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, broberts said:

There is nothing preventing you from cruising. You simply have to comply with the rules for unvaccinated passengers. Not ideal, I agree. But heartbreaking? 

Im also in the same situation, I received two different vaccines and there 0 chances that I'll go on a cruise bieng treated as unvacinnated.

Its all or nothing for us.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CruisingCanucksTwo said:

US vaccination rates lower and cases much higher - vaccinated Canadians are nearly zero risk to the USA

The opening of the US border has nothing to do with the vaccinated RATE but rather whether the US accepts "vaccinated" Canadians as "vaccinated according to their rules" - and they don't.

Not a happy situation. Over a month ago we were assured by our PM that this would be solved quickly. It hasn't been.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Thechamp555 said:

Im also in the same situation, I received two different vaccines and there 0 chances that I'll go on a cruise bieng treated as unvacinnated.

Its all or nothing for us.

Me too - I will not go on a cruise and be treated as unvaccinated and incur all the costs... this whole situation is ridiculous!  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CruisingCanucksTwo said:

Absolutely mind blowing news....but....

US land crossing not opening to Canadians until August 21st at the earliest.

US vaccination rates lower and cases much higher - vaccinated Canadians are nearly zero risk to the USA.  Sounds political and not scienced-based.   So sad to see our neighbours to the south struggle with the balance between health protocol and political opinion.

That is insane. Honestly.

I had booked an all inclusive to Mexico for March Break 2022 back in April.

I wasn't even thinking cruising until I started reading about vaccinated cruises and thinking I was vaccinated 😛

So frustrating.

There is no doubt that cruising this year is going to be confusing and disappointing for many.  Aside from the unfortunate cruisers who were caught up in the first wave on a cruise ship when Covid first hit,  this fall is really the first time that the cruise lines will be cruising after many waves, having vaccines, and border restrictions around the world to contend with.  By next year, when things are more clear about different brands of vaccines and what conditions are like around the world, there should be more straight answers and less confusion when it comes to getting on board a ship.  There are so many people in Europe who were given the Astra Zeneca vaccine that it would be detrimental to exclude those folks from traveling anywhere based on the shot they received.  America stockpiled many millions of doses of AZ and are now only trying to give it to countries where vaccines are not readily available.  There will be more testing done to assure people that the AZ jab is not only viable but reliable in its efficacy and rules and restrictions will be made clearer as to what vaccines are allowed throughout the world.  We are now just seeing, for the first time, the effect  vaccination could have upon the world and things could be very different next year when more is known about the various strains, how fast  they transmit and whether being vaccinated is going to keep them under control.  This is JMHO.  I would not have considered cruising any time this year, no matter how much I want to get back out there on the high seas.  The first cruisers are going to be the "guinea pigs" if you will, and there are going to be many things that need to be figured out before cruising returns to how we have known it.  I have a cruise booked for Aug. of 2022 and hopefully by that time, all the wrinkles will have been ironed out.  

Barb

• Like 2

Don is going on a cruise this Sat the 24, I'm sure if he can get on now it shouldnt be a issue later on down the road. Barring any major problem. He is canadian.

Edited by MStarzky