Cruise ship fight between Florida, CDC heads to appeals court

BlerkOne

On 7/7/2021 at 11:46 PM, BoozinCroozin said:

The CDC wouldn't do that either. Like I said, whatever rules apply need to be across the board, no exceptions. That means everyone flying internationally should be tested in flight. The plane has to turn and find some other country to land if they have a covid case. If they don't have fuel they can ditch in the ocean and float there like a cruise ship. 

Like I said, every industry and business treated exactly the same.

Absolute insanity. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

They can't do anything until after July 18th when the CDC restrictive rules and regulations will be recommendations and guidelines like they are for every other business. A few false positives in the crew stopped them in their tracks, thanks to the CDC.

Yes one more week and we will see what happens net. The protocols for August through October could change. 

On 7/8/2021 at 3:42 PM, sc4125 said:

Carnival is requiring that passengers be vaccinated and I believe they would have required it whether the CDC said to or not.  I for one would not want to cruise with unvaccinated - not because I'm afraid they will give it to me, but because I don't want to have to wear a mask and social distance on a ship on my vacation.

I think CCL is not only doing the right thing to keep passengers and crew safe, I also think that they know the requirement makes business sense - many would not cruise with them if they didn't require 95% of passengers be vaccinated.

You took the words right out of my mouth! AGREE 100%.

This discussion will no longer be necessary after July 18th when the cruise lines cans set their own protocols with only guidance from the CDC. THAT is when we will know just how serious each cruise line is about keeping their crew and passengers as safe as they possibly can. Can't wait to see how this all shakes out.

Edited by coffeebean

On 7/10/2021 at 11:59 PM, hurricane0226 said:

Cruise lines are big boys, they know what they are doing, do not need the CDC to tell them how to run their business, sure do not tell the airlines how to run theirs. 

Cruise lines do not need governors to tell them how to run their business either.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

This discussion will no longer be necessary after July 18th when the cruise lines cans set their own protocols with only guidance from the CDC. THAT is when we will know just how serious each cruise line is about keeping their crew and passengers as safe as they possibly can. Can't wait to see how this all shakes out.

MSC has been sailing since 2020. From an article written Mar 1, 2021

"since August 2020 on MSC Grandiosa. That ship has safely carried more than 40,000 guests. "

It looks like MSC has at least 5 ships sailing now. They seem to be doing fine without need for the CDC stepping on toes.

If a cruise line doesn't uphold safety I can't see them staying in business for very long. Just my opinion.

Edited by kilkoyne
  • Like 3

On 7/7/2021 at 12:16 PM, BlerkOne said:

and cruising still hasn't skipped a beat since restarting. If few or no covid cases reported on the cruises currently running, I think the existing protocols will remain in place for some time, as cases on land are rising.

And what do we do for next 50 years? This virus as the majority of all others does not go anywhere. I wish I live passed 111 year old. Who knows, maybe. Then I will see the world again!  Therefore, I should start eating just nuts and honey (to mimic life style of my relative Methuselah).

Edited by kirtihk
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

And what do we do for next 50 years? This virus as the majority of all others does not go anywhere. I wish I live passed 111 year old. Who knows, maybe. Then I will see the world again!  Therefore, I should start eating just nuts and honey (to mimic life style of my relative Methuselah).

Your relative lived to the ripe old age of nearly 1,000 Thats a lot of cruising. Wonder what the status after Diamond will be?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

I plan on vaccinated cruising.

On 7/12/2021 at 11:05 AM, kilkoyne said:

MSC has been sailing since 2020. From an article written Mar 1, 2021

"since August 2020 on MSC Grandiosa. That ship has safely carried more than 40,000 guests. "

It looks like MSC has at least 5 ships sailing now. They seem to be doing fine without need for the CDC stepping on toes.

If a cruise line doesn't uphold safety I can't see them staying in business for very long. Just my opinion.

...and the CDC has no clue how to run a business, which is why we have problems.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, DGNewton said:

This post is useless....move on....

“Move on” - meaning “let’s cruise”? Who minds? Yes, let’s move on! I’ve been saying this forever (staring on the ship during my March 8-24 2020 cruise). Are you “allowed” to move on? That’s a different story. Who knew 8 months ago it might occur?

Edited by kirtihk

On 7/12/2021 at 7:21 AM, coffeebean said:

Not sure how many times its been stated that the injunction will only apply to Florida cruises the CSO will still apply every where else.

25 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Not sure how many times its been stated that the injunction will only apply to Florida cruises the CSO will still apply every where else.

We'll see. With Norwegian stepping up to the plate to defend themselves against FL. Things may change yet again.