Cruise ship fight between Florida, CDC heads to appeals court

BlerkOne

2 hours ago, dltvermont said:

I just looked at their website and all it shows is a testing requirement for people coming into the US etc. I see nothing about a blanket statement of requiring vax for flying domestically. If they did that it would preclude any kids under 12 from flying..

Yes, I got that wrong. I admit my mistake.

42 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Looks like Miami is requiring everyone on B2B cruises be tested in between. Even vaccinated. That should speed things up.

wonder if they will provide this onboard?  Cant see how you could get one if they didnt.

8 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

wonder if they will provide this onboard?  Cant see how you could get one if they didnt.

On the ship last sea day. If positive, a confirmatory PCR test will be done. I don't know who pays for what, nut I know my insurance would cover.

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

On the ship last sea day. If positive, a confirmatory PCR test will be done. I don't know who pays for what, nut I know my insurance would cover.

but you need one positive or not if your on a B2B correct?  I cant see getting one done in the couple hours between sailing if this isnt done on the ship for those who are on B2B's

9 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

but you need one positive or not if your on a B2B correct?  I cant see getting one done in the couple hours between sailing if this isnt done on the ship for those who are on B2B's

Sounds like the medical staff will do both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Looks like Miami is requiring everyone on B2B cruises be tested in between. Even vaccinated. That should speed things up.

It's just Galveston. On the Vista they're doing the testing in the Limelight Lounge.

9 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

It's just Galveston. On the Vista they're doing the testing in the Limelight Lounge.

My bad. I thought they were on Horizon. Then I realized that will be me, tomorrow. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

What is the purpose of testing people in between a B2B, when they aren't requiring tests on all the other vaccinated passengers coming from who-knows-where at the beginning of the cruise? Is there a link to this news?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

What is the purpose of testing people in between a B2B, when they aren't requiring tests on all the other vaccinated passengers coming from who-knows-where at the beginning of the cruise? Is there a link to this news?

Probably in case they picked up something from one of the foreign ports. The vaccinated can go ashore and mingle where ever they want to unbubbled.

Just now, sailingships said:

Probably in case they picked up something from one of the foreign ports. The vaccinated can go ashore and mingle where ever they want to unbubbled.

Yeah, I get that, but I have a hard time seeing it be any more of a risk than people coming from areas of the U.S. with very low vaccination rates and yet they aren't being tested. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Yeah, I get that, but I have a hard time seeing it be any more of a risk than people coming from areas of the U.S. with very low vaccination rates and yet they aren't being tested. 

Perhaps they were counting on a longer incubation period when the policy was made, but that is not necessarily true with the Delta variant. I saw a report from NPR that said the infection could show up in as little a four days. In that case, newly embarking passengers as well as B2B passengers could start showing symptoms before the 7-day cruise is over. The test might catch the B2B passenger who had been on the week before depending on when he was exposed, but the newly embarked passenger could start showing symptoms in spite of the health screening on day one if it did not include a test.

8 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

I have a B2B on Mardi Gras next month so I have to get tested the last day of the first cruise? Bummer, Ah well cost of cruising right now. I am fully Vax'ed but not biggie just ready to cruise. 

My B2B isn't until April, so I'm hoping all of these requirements are gone by then.

58 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

I have a B2B on Mardi Gras next month so I have to get tested the last day of the first cruise? Bummer, Ah well cost of cruising right now. I am fully Vax'ed but not biggie just ready to cruise. 

No. The testing on Carnival is only out of Galveston.

Edited by lobster1313

2 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Hardly justification for doing nothing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Ah, whether or not this happens in Miami, this might help to explain why Conquest will probably be cancelled for September.  Back when I booked it, 3 and 4 day cruises were expected to be the first ones to start, but now, they are probably going to be a big drag having to prep a ship against Covid twice a week.  I made alternate, refundable, plans today.  Bring on the email and the OBC.  I'm ready.  

23 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Flying is essential. Cruising isn't.  Masks are required from airport to airport. Some airlines have stopped serving alcohol because of insurrection. Perhaps cruise lines should also?

Aside from a couple of headlines what insurrection happened on airlines? Maybe if the different companies and people behind the policies for this virus weren't overboard they wouldn't have to worry about people insurrecting

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

They are doing testing at the beginning for unvaccinated over 2 years old.

14 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

All these overbearing rules will change as more and more cruises are completed without issue.  

Exactly.  When the ships return without incident cruise after cruise, it will be difficult for the CDC to claim the cruise lines are incapable of running their business without massive restrictions and regulations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

Exactly.  When the ships return without incident cruise after cruise, it will be difficult for the CDC to claim the cruise lines are incapable of running their business without massive restrictions and regulations.

Difficult but doesnt mean they wont try.  I mean they are still using 2020 issues as the backstop of their CSO as the judge pointed out. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1