Can you get bar service in the dining room?

But honestly? We got better service just by stopping at the bar on the way and bringing it with us. You may end up waiting far longer to get your drink if you order it from your waiter. That has been our particular experience....

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

But honestly? We got better service just by stopping at the bar on the way and bringing it with us. You may end up waiting far longer to get your drink if you order it from your waiter. That has been our particular experience....

I completely agree.  It can be pretty hard to flag someone down in the first place, and then it's quite a wait.  I've often brought my cocktail into the dining room (and I've also been known to step away for a moment and return with one).  Bars are fairly quiet during dinner, and Heaven knows I could use the extra walk.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jarmo said:

Past few cruises assistant waiter has been taking drink orders, no issues getting drinks.

We always do early MTD and our wine glasses are always kept full. 🍷 Even with the CAS HH drinks loaded on our Seapass cards. 

Edited by davekathy

I've never had a problem in the MDR, but here is what I do. I make sure I have reservations with the same wait staff. On the first night I tell the waiter that I would like a Manhattan as a pre dinner drink on every visit to the MDR. Every time within a few minutes my Manhattan shows up every time. Maybe I've gotten lucky but it's worked on my last two sailings.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I've never had a problem in the MDR, but here is what I do. I make sure I have reservations with the same wait staff. On the first night I tell the waiter that I would like a Manhattan as a pre dinner drink on every visit to the MDR. Every time within a few minutes my Manhattan shows up every time. Maybe I've gotten lucky but it's worked on my last two sailings.

Agree. We do MTD at the same time and same table, so the same wait staff. They learn real quick our routine. 

• Like 3