New MDR Breakfast and Lunch Offerings

GoHoward

30 minutes ago, GoHoward said:

I give the ol’ Navigator a quick glance and discover the dinner menu has been updated. This looks more like I would expect, though the ever-lengthening list of items available at an up charge is longer than I would prefer.

73EFEFCF-4B21-4630-B771-24C89C4686FE.jpeg

70E41012-B6CF-4B24-AB26-2E37ACD1CBCF.jpeg

Thanks for the update.  I don’t see a big difference in the up-charge items, maybe one item?  Tomahawk steak,  shrimp cocktail and other steak were there on our last cruise.  

The nice thing is they are optional 😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the update.  I don’t see a big difference in the up-charge items, maybe one item?  Tomahawk steak,  shrimp cocktail and other steak were there on our last cruise.  

The nice thing is they are optional 😉

Since the subject MDR menu posted was for Alaska, differences noted were based on my Alaska 2019 season menu collection.  MDR menus from other seasons/locations will be different.

21 hours ago, GoHoward said:

Well, no sooner had I read (and chuckled) at your spot-on comments…then I give the ol’ Navigator a quick glance and discover the dinner menu has been updated. This looks more like I would expect, though the ever-lengthening list of items available at an up charge is longer than I would prefer.

73EFEFCF-4B21-4630-B771-24C89C4686FE.jpeg

70E41012-B6CF-4B24-AB26-2E37ACD1CBCF.jpeg

I think I will stay for dinner after reading this menu.

There are some items on the "Indulge" section of the menu that I have not seen before.  Why is the President's Cut still available?  When that monstrous waste of food was initiated, that menu item appeared during the regime of President Orlando.  HAL now has a new President.  Isn't it time for a President Gus' Indulge-type entree?  

5 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I think I will stay for dinner after reading this menu.

There are some items on the "Indulge" section of the menu that I have not seen before.  Why is the President's Cut still available?  When that monstrous waste of food was initiated, that menu item appeared during the regime of President Orlando.  HAL now has a new President.  Isn't it time for a President Gus' Indulge-type entree?  

They must be selling them or it wouldn’t be n the menu.  I’m not a big beef eater but I’m sure there are some that aren’t satisfied with the 2 oz meat portion on hal.  Not everyone sailing with them is a senior.

I didn't see any after-dinner cheese selections mentioned in the desserts on the newer menu. I don't usually order that, but occasionally I would as a change of pace. 🤔

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, PSR said:

I didn't see any after-dinner cheese selections mentioned in the desserts on the newer menu. 

Good observation because I have had many tablemates who prefer such a dessert.  The menus must be among many things that are in a state of being a "work in progress".  

1 hour ago, cbr663 said:

These new offers are very carb heavy.  Am glad that the reliable low-carb options are still available.

Carbs = cheap. 😉

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 4:35 AM, Himself said:

I take it there are no pancakes and breakfast meets in the Dining Room.   That is disappointing.

Kinda late to the convo, but there are actually 6 pages to the breakfast menu that includes benedicts, omelettes, pancakes, waffles, skillets, bakery items, sides, beverages, etc.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

They must be selling them or it wouldn’t be n the menu.  I’m not a big beef eater but I’m sure there are some that aren’t satisfied with the 2 oz meat portion on hal.  Not everyone sailing with them is a senior.

I did order it once and completed it.   After the cheese and port desert I promptly went to sleep in the cabin way sooner than normal.  My spawn still keeps the number badge that comes with the steak from that trip.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2021 at 5:36 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

Our waiter on our last cruise, (whenever that was - seems like years ago), said he had served one of the Tomahawks to a Granddad who took his family on a birthday cruise.  One steak served  eight people and evidently the ship made quite an impressive presentation of it.

• Like 3

I once ate the 22 oz steak in the Pinnacle (I'm a petite woman - normal BMI - a little on the higher end of the scale) - anyway, when I finished it the people at the table next to use applauded!  It was hilarious!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1