What's your favorite memory on a cruise?

Dwright826

Theres many but one of the last before the virus was on the Legend in Vancouver Sept 2019. The Canadian equivalent of the Blue Angels flew around and around the port just above the ship The captain had told us they were coming so we were all out on the deck. It happened just before the Legend left for the last time. It was thrilling. 

Sitting at a table for two in the Tuscan Grille (along the back glass) on the Solstice during an Alaskan cruise - getting close to sunset, enjoying a nice bottle of wine. Looking out towards the mountains rewarded us with a view of breaching whales. Sadly, I alone saw them and then directed Cheryl to look to her side - and NOTHING but disturbed water. She still claims that I was seeing things, with a smile on her face. 🙂

i-PBcx3wQ-XL.jpg

Tom

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Sitting at a table for two in the Tuscan Grille (along the back glass) on the Solstice during an Alaskan cruise - getting close to sunset, enjoying a nice bottle of wine. Looking out towards the mountains rewarded us with a view of breaching whales. Sadly, I alone saw them and then directed Cheryl to look to her side - and NOTHING but disturbed water. She still claims that I was seeing things, with a smile on her face. 🙂

i-PBcx3wQ-XL.jpg

Tom

Now I'm seeing things. Is that a bong behind the wine glass?

• Haha 2

We were on the Carnival Glory in the hot tub on the Lido deck. It started to rain but hey we were already wet anyway. It began to absolutely pour and it was a bit chilly but the hot tub water kept us from getting cold. A few brave souls ran by to get to the other side of the deck and looked at us like we were absolutely crazy. Finally I heard thunder and said to my daughter we need to get out right now. Thinking back to those moments still makes me smile

46 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

You do realize that this is like asking which kid is your favorite, right? So many great memories!

Sunset sailing in Aruba

Snorkeling with the sea turtles in Barbados

Zip lining with our teens in Belize

True - difficult to pick just one!

Your comment about sunset sailing in Aruba triggered a memory. We were at Passions on the Beach enjoying their sunset dinner, and managed to get a nice sailboat pic!

IMG_0176-XL.jpg

Tom

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

True - difficult to pick just one!

Your comment about sunset sailing in Aruba triggered a memory. We were at Passions on the Beach enjoying their sunset dinner, and managed to get a nice sailboat pic!

IMG_0176-XL.jpg

Tom

Now THAT DINNER certainly looks like a great memory to have. Putting that on my future experience list for sure!

• Like 1

My daughter entered the Master Mixologist contest a week after her 21st birthday.  Her opponents were a bartender from Jersey, and a 50-ish year old woman in a leopard print string bikini who was dancing around and shaking her booty all over the place trying to get people to clap for her.  My daughter didn't think she had a chance, but she did win the coveted ship on a stick, and her drink was featured in every bar that whole week.  Got to love when the underdog wins.

• Like 1