Drink packages

welshrich

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

Bear in mind P&O measures are 25 ml ie. a little dribble in the bottom of the glass.The American measures are 2 ozs.

That's what shocked my liver on Marella, their measures are 40ml 🥳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Personally drinks packages on P&O are not worth the money.  You are severely limited on what and how many drinks you get for the very large price.   RCI you can make work.   P&O I found it far cheaper just to pay for individual drinks.

Think they introduced it as other cruise lines had one but in reality they don't want it and don't want the all you can drink mentality on board drinking.

This is from 2015, but for those wondering it shows available drinks. The regulars might be able to confirm if it's about right. I think, but sure I will be corrected if wrong, that the prices haven't gone up much since then. Well at least  until the staycations.

P&O Cruises Drinks Prices, Packages, Wine, Alcohol Policy | CruiseMapper

1 hour ago, Eggandchips said:

We have not been on P & O for a long time before they had drink packages, trying to find out how do they work, have had them on other companies were there are no restrictions.

thank you

Just look on their website all the details and T&Cs are there.

59 minutes ago, emam said:

This is from 2015, but for those wondering it shows available drinks. The regulars might be able to confirm if it's about right. I think, but sure I will be corrected if wrong, that the prices haven't gone up much since then. Well at least  until the staycations.

P&O Cruises Drinks Prices, Packages, Wine, Alcohol Policy | CruiseMapper

You can also look at the attached, but I reckon prices have now increased by about £1 each compared to the prices shown.

https://www.cruisemummy.co.uk/are-po-drinks-packages-worth-it/

Edited by wowzz

Guest Snaxmuppet
18 hours ago, hollyjess said:

My daughter and son in law are going on a staycation cruise for 4 days and they are not sure whether to take dinner suit and evening gown etc  for celebration night or to go smart casual. This will be their first cruise so not sure what to do.

8 hours ago, The Med said:

I asked the same question on another thread because even though I’ve cruised before, I wasn’t sure if people would be dressing up on the shorter cruises.

The answer was a resounding yes, most people are wearing black tie on Gala nights and plenty of ladies in long gowns.

Just back from 4N on Britannia... I would say that the number of people that dressed up on Celebration Night (formal dress) was about 60% dressing up and 40% not. Having said that we didn't and it was perfectly fine. If you did dress up or if you didn't it would still feel fine. You are not made to feel out of place regardless. Of course, if you don't dress up you cannot eat in the Main Dining Room that night but there is Horizons (buffet), Sindhu (indian) or Glass House so still good options.

I don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread but regarding the drink packages... they are not available on the short 3N/4N staycation cruises. They are only available on 5N or more. I would never get close to drinking enough to make the Ultimate package worthwhile and I suspect that not many would... you need to drink at least 6 cocktails or 8 pints every day and the premium cocktails are not included in the package anyway.

On our last cruise we ummed and ahhed about a drinks package.

In the end we opted not to have it and just bought drinks as and when we wanted to without really monitoring it. Not for the sake of drinking, but when we felt like it: another “premium” cocktail just to check we enjoyed the first one!, some champagne here and there, the occasional bottle of nice wine….

At the end of the cruise the total of all drinks for us was a lot less than what it would have cost us both if we had gone for a drinks package. We drink a fair bit but not excessively so (we think!). So we are of the mind that for us, that cost difference - plus the restrictions with the package - it is just not worth it. 

Edited by Camberley

43 minutes ago, kalos said:

You cannot have too many drinks discussions but going on the title I thought we 

were going to asked "Do P&O serve chips and egg on a Gala night ? ":classic_wacko:

Now there's a thought :classic_unsure:

They served cheese on toast once. It had a funny name but it was still cheese on toast. I had to laugh but my tablemates looked upset 😉

32 minutes ago, davecttr said:

They served cheese on toast once. It had a funny name but it was still cheese on toast. I had to laugh but my tablemates looked upset 😉

Could it be they were hoping for beans on toast .. Nowt up with a bit of Welsh rabbit :classic_unsure:

20 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I've seen fish and chips on a formal/gala/celebration night.

Lots of people have seen Fish & Chips on formal night   ,strange name for our kids I know :classic_unsure:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, kalos said:

You cannot have too many drinks discussions but going on the title I thought we 

were going to asked "Do P&O serve chips and egg on a Gala night ? ":classic_wacko:

Now there's a thought :classic_unsure:

That would make my night, much better than the overly large Marco menu. Not frozen chips though.

• Like 1