Separate Account For My Wife

Tedferg

We have not previously had a Princess account for my wife. After 8 cruises we have never seen the need. Medallion Class discussion suggests we should have one. I have forgotten why this might be a benefit. I decided to set up a Princess account for her and interestingly her Profile had information like Passport, .Princess Account number etc. that must have come from her past passenger information. I tried to Manage Booking, while logged in as DW, but Princess tells me 'You do not have access to this account'.

On Medallion Class I can login as DW with Booking ID and personal info, 'Your Next Cruise -----' shows up correctly. I try to add Emergency Return Airport but am told 'You don't have access to *****

I register her in Medallion App but when logged in using ID and try booking numbers 'No Booking' comes up.

So I seem to be 80% of the way there but need to tie our accounts / future cruises together.

Also I still do not see the benefit of having two accounts.

57 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

We have not previously had a Princess account for my wife. After 8 cruises we have never seen the need. Medallion Class discussion suggests we should have one. I have forgotten why this might be a benefit. I decided to set up a Princess account for her and interestingly her Profile had information like Passport, .Princess Account number etc. that must have come from her past passenger information. I tried to Manage Booking, while logged in as DW, but Princess tells me 'You do not have access to this account'.

On Medallion Class I can login as DW with Booking ID and personal info, 'Your Next Cruise -----' shows up correctly. I try to add Emergency Return Airport but am told 'You don't have access to *****

I register her in Medallion App but when logged in using ID and try booking numbers 'No Booking' comes up.

So I seem to be 80% of the way there but need to tie our accounts / future cruises together.

Also I still do not see the benefit of having two accounts.

The two accounts enable your wife to complete her check in appropriately (including security photo and uploading her documents) and be able to order whatever she wishes on her own device while onboard. She can call Princess directly for assistance with how to set up the app correctly. After her app is set up, she can add the cruises to the app using the booking numbers.

The benefit of having two app accounts (on separate devices) is simple if you look at it this way; you each have had separate cruise cards on past cruises so you need separate apps to function in a similar fashion. Add to that the fact that she will be able to make reservations, order beverages and snacks, etc. on her own and it’s a great thing to have.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, memoak said:

You do know the app sucks ?

Truer words and all that.  I just added my husband to my account (travel group page?) and his info came up.  He is allergic to smart phones and regards them as inventions of the devil.  No way would I ever be able to get him to open his own Medallion account.  He just needs to rely on me and mine.

7 hours ago, Kay S said:

Truer words and all that.  I just added my husband to my account (travel group page?) and his info came up.  He is allergic to smart phones and regards them as inventions of the devil.  No way would I ever be able to get him to open his own Medallion account.  He just needs to rely on me and mine.

You could set it up on his behalf and manage both.

12 hours ago, SwankieG said:

The two accounts enable your wife to complete her check in appropriately (including security photo and uploading her documents) and be able to order whatever she wishes on her own device while onboard. She can call Princess directly for assistance with how to set up the app correctly. After her app is set up, she can add the cruises to the app using the booking numbers.

The benefit of having two app accounts (on separate devices) is simple if you look at it this way; you each have had separate cruise cards on past cruises so you need separate apps to function in a similar fashion. Add to that the fact that she will be able to make reservations, order beverages and snacks, etc. on her own and it’s a great thing to have.

Thanks for you well thought out response - I still don't see the difference between two medallions on one account and two cruise cards on one account. She could shop and order coffee in international café etc. on her cruise card without me. I was curious to see if the data on her account is different to my account.

As I said before, the Personal Profile on my two cruises is different - one does not have the line items for Travel Info.

I understand linking Bookings in the App, is there a way to do this on Princess site - you know the one that works with PCs and has been fine for years !

For some weird reason I have an account and my husband has an account both using the same email address. If I put it in in all caps it's my account and if I put it in in lower case it's my husband's account. I'm just assuming Princess' tech department is probably as inept as Disney's because Disney's app and websites regularly don't work.

Everything for my Wife's new account is correct and I only entered brief details, Passport Info, Cruise History, Cruise Credits are all there. Under Manage Bookings our two future cruises show but when I try to open it I get 

• 5390: You do not have access to Booking ID #$%^&. Please verify the passenger name and retry.

I have not tried to link bookings on Medallion App - though I am sure that data is separate from Princess site.

If I Manage Booking Without Login, my wife's name and DOB and Booking Number give access to the booking ! This is the sort of thing that niggles at me 🙂

Edited by Tedferg
More Information

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You could set it up on his behalf and manage both.

Sorry to be a broken record, but why should she not just put his info in to her account as a fellow passenger ? People traveling with children do not need separate accounts for them do they?

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Everything for my Wife's new account is correct and I only entered brief details, Passport Info, Cruise History, Cruise Credits are all there. Under Manage Bookings our two future cruises show but when I try to open it I get 

• 5390: You do not have access to Booking ID #$%^&. Please verify the passenger name and retry.

I have not tried to link bookings on Medallion App - though I am sure that data is separate from Princess site.

If I Manage Booking Without Login, my wife's name and DOB and Booking Number give access to the booking ! This is the sort of thing that niggles at me 🙂

Do you sign out of the app when you are trying to switch between you and your wife? 

4AC218B8-F44D-4553-8FDD-4E006D81157E.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Do you sign out of the app when you are trying to switch between you and your wife? 

4AC218B8-F44D-4553-8FDD-4E006D81157E.jpeg

I am sure I did but will make sure. However my post #10 refers to Princess website. 

We sail to AK in Sept.  I had already put in all of our info in the online Personalizer (like I always have) before I found out we need the App now.  All of our info from the Personalizer was already in my app.  We are "Travel Companions" in the App.  I did go ahead and select a Table for 2 at 5:20 each evening even though we already had a confirmed dinner reservation for early traditional dining which didn't seem to carry over.

I had hubs download a new MA today to check to see if it's all there for him, and it was (done by me on mine).  I don't think you each HAVE to have the App unless we have to each one show the QR code at check in or something (which could be printed I assume).  Pre-covid, we only had to show one boarding pass and both of us were able to check in.  

We won't have to switch between us because we each have the App.  I understand when we get closer to sailing, we can reserve a spot in the theatre and/or other venues for particular times so I don't yet know if I can do that for both of us or if he'll have to do his.  I'm following all the Majestic threads to gather information along the way.  Hope this helps you.  

• Like 1

We've sailed on several Medallion cruises in the past and only have one APP Downloaded (on my phone).  My wife has never had a problem ordering drinks or shopping on board just using her Medallion.  My wife's IPhone is an older version and the App won't download anyway; thus one App works for us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Sorry to be a broken record, but why should she not just put his info in to her account as a fellow passenger ? People traveling with children do not need separate accounts for them do they?

If you only have one device on board, I see your point.  Otherwise, each could do their own thing and also locate each other.  For all of our past Medallion Class voyages, we have received one free drink through OceanNow section of the App.  Need two ID's for two drinks.  

36 minutes ago, RRFan said:

I understand when we get closer to sailing, we can reserve a spot in the theatre and/or other venues for particular times so I don't yet know if I can do that for both of us or if he'll have to do his.

You should be able to reserve for your travel companion.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BMP57 said:

We've sailed on several Medallion cruises in the past and only have one APP Downloaded (on my phone).  My wife has never had a problem ordering drinks or shopping on board just using her Medallion.  My wife's IPhone is an older version and the App won't download anyway; thus one App works for us.

You can still access multiple accounts through one app. Just sign off and sign back in with a different credentials.

• Like 1

I have always been able to enter my wife's data for any cruise using only my sign-in.  We have B2B 14-day cruises set for June/July 2022.  The app automatically linked the two cruises and I entered the information for both of us.  We renewed our passports this year and I entered the new numbers and new passport photos for both of us.  We are both currently in the green lane.  No problems with the app here.

On 7/19/2021 at 1:28 PM, Jadn13 said:

You can still access multiple accounts through one app. Just sign off and sign back in with a different credentials.

Agreed, my point was 'Why would I want separate accounts' I do use them from one device and have already run into problems linking the second account to cruise info.

15 minutes ago, isosika said:

I have always been able to enter my wife's data for any cruise using only my sign-in.  We have B2B 14-day cruises set for June/July 2022.  The app automatically linked the two cruises and I entered the information for both of us.  We renewed our passports this year and I entered the new numbers and new passport photos for both of us.  We are both currently in the green lane.  No problems with the app here.

Me too - with some hiccups - able to enter data for both of us in one account, just as I used one account for all previous cruises, never a separate Princess login for DW. I was curious if there was something we could NOT do without two accounts.

19 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Me too - with some hiccups - able to enter data for both of us in one account, just as I used one account for all previous cruises, never a separate Princess login for DW. I was curious if there was something we could NOT do without two accounts.

I have the same question. I also wonder how check-in occurs with two people on one account.

18 minutes ago, Alaskanb said:

I have the same question. I also wonder how check-in occurs with two people on one account.

Well initially when I had one Medallion Account, I entered DW data as Travelling companion and I have the feeling that both names showed up on Order Medallion page. Both of our Photos showed on Personal Info page and I could switch between them.

Stupidly I created an account for her, though now it does not let me login to that account!  Further compounding my stupidity, I deleted and re-installed the App, thinking that would fix a hiccup, it did not, and now it does not show DW though I have linked her as Travelling companion !

14 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Well initially when I had one Medallion Account, I entered DW data as Travelling companion and I have the feeling that both names showed up on Order Medallion page. Both of our Photos showed on Personal Info page and I could switch between them.

Stupidly I created an account for her, though now it does not let me login to that account!  Further compounding my stupidity, I deleted and re-installed the App, thinking that would fix a hiccup, it did not, and now it does not show DW though I have linked her as Travelling companion !

Yikes. I'll stick with us both on one account

On 7/19/2021 at 8:26 AM, Tedferg said:

Able to login to Princess site with DW account and manage bookings correctly. Medallion App no longer recognizes her new account. Asked for email to reset password and so far no email. Medallion does not recognize her by any method, email or booking number with personal info name, DOB. it’s as though she doesn’t have an account. I will leave it that way 😀