Getting ready to pull my hair out—waiting for FCC since 19 Feb!

I cancelled my odyssey out of Rome in 19 feb, right before Royal cancelled and moved the ship to Haifa.  I did use a TA to book.  I’m still waiting in my Fcc.  I’ve been online with my Ta and Royal for hours trying to figure out why they can’t send the fcc.  Resolutions just states it’s not done yet and they need 30 more days to do it manually fir some reason. Contact them  30 days later and they say they need 30 more!  I’m getting super pissed at this point!  Have 3 cruises requiring final payment in the next 30 days and want ALL of my outstanding Fccs.  The 19 feb canx is ridiculous, but am also waiting on $2k in cash refunds and $2250 in Fccs from other cruises I made with Royal directly.  Those cancellations were early May.

any advice?

I've been waiting since early April, not as long as you though and I have lots of time to spare but not lots of time to sit on the phone with them. It is ridiculous. They tell me to wait 45 days. Maybe hoping I'll forget all about it?

48 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

I cancelled my odyssey out of Rome in 19 feb, right before Royal cancelled and moved the ship to Haifa.  I did use a TA to book.  I’m still waiting in my Fcc.  I’ve been online with my Ta and Royal for hours trying to figure out why they can’t send the fcc.  Resolutions just states it’s not done yet and they need 30 more days to do it manually fir some reason. Contact them  30 days later and they say they need 30 more!  I’m getting super pissed at this point!  Have 3 cruises requiring final payment in the next 30 days and want ALL of my outstanding Fccs.  The 19 feb canx is ridiculous, but am also waiting on $2k in cash refunds and $2250 in Fccs from other cruises I made with Royal directly.  Those cancellations were early May.

any advice?

I "m waiting for FCCs since January.  Finally got confirmations (3 cabins) of the various balances via my TA and waiting for the e-mails.

There is no good reason why your FCC hasn’t been credited to you by now. I work in IT and suspect there’s a computer issue with your FCC specifically that everyone you’ve spoken to thinks will mysteriously fix itself. That can happen but if it hasn’t by now, it’s not going to. You need someone to actually look into what’s wrong with your specific FCC. A few thoughts to get them moving on it:

1. One of the cruise vloggers mentioned a case the other day where a couple reported their cruise line to their state’s attorney general. The attorney general’s office actually got involved and got their money back. So, if RCI’s delay is covered by your state’s consumer protection laws, that might be worth pursuing.

2. You might also try a letter to the president of RCI or posting something on his Instagram, etc.

3. Finally, have you asked for a supervisor and that person’s supervisor and on up? I used to work in customer service many years ago and there were things supervisors knew how to do in the software or information they had that the front line reps didn’t. So, ask for a supervisor and if they can’t help, ask for their supervisor. Don’t let them just transfer you. Get the next person’s name and direct number in case you get “disconnected.” Believe me. Some reps will hang up on you.

Hope these ideas help. 

Thank you for your suggestions.  The issue with this specific fcc is that I went through a TA and the Royal customer service agents say they aren’t able to see anything booked with a TA and cannot help me even if they want to.  I have been on the phone with my TA agency for hours as they call royal and talk to resolutions.  I do think my TA is trying to get this fixed as long as I’m willing to sit on hold with them for long periods of time.   Unfortunately, my TA is a big agency and it’s hard to work with one agent on this. I seem to get bounced around a bit because “so-and-so isn’t here today” kinda stuff.

Since covid, I’ve been booking with royal directly so I can pester them personally if necessary.  Have 10 cruises currently booked with only one through my TA (sep 2022).

I think I’m going to pester on Twitter and send an email to the ceo today!  

15 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

Thank you for your suggestions.  The issue with this specific fcc is that I went through a TA and the Royal customer service agents say they aren’t able to see anything booked with a TA and cannot help me even if they want to.  I have been on the phone with my TA agency for hours as they call royal and talk to resolutions.  I do think my TA is trying to get this fixed as long as I’m willing to sit on hold with them for long periods of time.   Unfortunately, my TA is a big agency and it’s hard to work with one agent on this. I seem to get bounced around a bit because “so-and-so isn’t here today” kinda stuff.

Since covid, I’ve been booking with royal directly so I can pester them personally if necessary.  Have 10 cruises currently booked with only one through my TA (sep 2022).

I think I’m going to pester on Twitter and send an email to the ceo today!  

Just one of the many reason's I don't like a 3rd party involved in my travel...Best of luck !!

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Just one of the many reason's I don't like a 3rd party involved in my travel...Best of luck !!

Email  the President and his executive assistant will be of great help. Another option is to contact Christopher Elliott elliott.org.

Edited by travelplus

I was waiting since March for an FCC even though I’d received other FCCs within a month of cancellation.  After months of calling, I finally sent an email 2 weeks ago to Michael Bailey at mbayley@rccl.com and received my FCC within a week.

2 hours ago, travelplus said:

Email  the President and his executive assistant will be of great help. Another option is to contact Christopher Elliott elliott.org.

Why "quote" me ?...I'm not having trouble at all.

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

Why wait ? You can call RCI and have it applied to an already made booking or a new one...I had no problem doing this...easy !!

Seems easy enough. Been through the cancellation washing machine. March 2020, May 2020, March 2021, Jul 2021, and now waiting for RCCL to figure out this FUBAR and pay off  the March 2022 cruise.  Ironically I have completed check-in for the July 25th cruise even though it is cancelled.