Are they still doing upgrade bids?

I apologize to the self appointed forum moderators if I missed it, but I did search.  Pre-pandemic Royal started sending out email messages where you could bid on upgrades?  Are they still doing that, or is that impractical under the current/ or soon to be sailing rules?

3 minutes ago, BillOh said:

I apologize to the self appointed forum moderators if I missed it, but I did search.  Pre-pandemic Royal started sending out email messages where you could bid on upgrades?  Are they still doing that, or is that impractical under the current/ or soon to be sailing rules?

Still happening I have one in for my cruise 1st August. Search Royal Up in the forums that's the programme name

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, smedley_odwin said:

Still happening I have one in for my cruise 1st August. Search Royal Up in the forums that's the programme name

Thanks for the name, that will make searching easier.   Amazing what you forget in 15 months of not cruising in which I was too depressed to come here much.    Either it is the long time away, or the medical marijuana card I got 24 months ago!  It helped ease the pain of cruise withdrawl, though that isn't a condition that gets you the card, as far as I know. 

Edited by BillOh
typo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, MadamG2U said:

I got an email for my September cruise

What ship if I may ask? I'm going to guess its for a ship that has started sailing? For me, all Brilliance cruises before mine has been canceled.  49 days to go I think and no email or check in available yet.

1 minute ago, BillOh said:

What ship if I may ask? I'm going to guess its for a ship that has started sailing? For me, all Brilliance cruises before mine has been canceled.  49 days to go I think and no email or check in available yet.

Oasis of the Seas

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BillHoo said:

Hmm.  Will have to look for my November cruise

You probably won't receive email offer for Royal Up till August or September for a November cruise.    

I got mine last week for a September sailing (just about 60-days out).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

You don’t have to wait for an email. Just go to Royalup website and you put in your name and booking number and it will tell you what offers are available.

They should have my info, I get plenty of email from them, will search for the website, unless you have the link

On 7/20/2021 at 2:07 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

We received one yesterday for our October 2 Symphony of the seas.  Make sure your email is set up in your RC account.  We had checked the Royal Up website a few days before that and it told us it was not available at the time.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

Thanks for that, in the usual half Arrsed way for a royal website, it took me a bit to get there.  I have to wait till 30 days to check it (At 44 now)

2 hours ago, BillOh said:

Thanks for that, in the usual half Arrsed way for a royal website, it took me a bit to get there.  I have to wait till 30 days to check it (At 44 now)

My experience suggests that the website says that automatically if the bidding is not open for your cruise.  It's not like it magically opens up at 30 days so keep checking.  

On 7/20/2021 at 5:59 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Pretty sure that all my clients with sailings in July, August and September have received them.  One I know was accepted

I bid on several cabins for my August sailing (23 days out). I have been checking it everyday and everyone was pending. Today it says: "Whoops, looks like that page has sailed on". I'm not sure what that means.

37 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

I'm not sure what that means.

Nothing.

Instead of checking the status at RCI, check for any pending charges on your credit card - that may provide the indication you are looking for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Nothing.

Instead of checking the status at RCI, check for any pending charges on your credit card - that may provide the indication you are looking for.

You may be right! Earlier, someone posted at 20 days out their bids changed to all expired except for one pending. They didn't respond again and I'm just curious about what happened. I thought - that's too far out for a decision to be made for royal up. Anyway, I will report back so others will know. 

8 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

I thought - that's too far out for a decision to be made for royal up.

Inside of about 30 days, a winning bid can come at any time. The denial should come the night before the sailing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vera/Lee said:

I bid on several cabins for my August sailing (23 days out). I have been checking it everyday and everyone was pending. Today it says: "Whoops, looks like that page has sailed on". I'm not sure what that means.

I'm getting the same message for my bids and my sailing is 07/31. The "pending" status was still there this morning. No charges on my credit card or room change on my reservation so far.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DeanD said:

My experience suggests that the website says that automatically if the bidding is not open for your cruise.  It's not like it magically opens up at 30 days so keep checking.  

I suspect you are exactly right, good advice.

1 hour ago, kpauley said:

I'm getting the same message for my bids and my sailing is 07/31. The "pending" status was still there this morning. No charges on my credit card or room change on my reservation so far.

Our sailing is August 15 on the Allure and now getting that message.