Recommendations Wanted - Tuscan Grille

LadyBerard

4 hours ago, jg51 said:

You act wisely, @TrulyBlonde -- and for a wise reason [staying "thin and healthy"].  We join you in "avoid[ing] the bread," but for a less noble reason.  Bread (like carbonated beverages) is very filling.  If we have any of those things, we will lack enough stomach capacity for the more delicious foods (especially including dessert!).

I save the desserts for special places. The best cannolis are Sicily. Early a.m., warm, fresh, so big that we skipped lunch. Apple struedel in Austria, Black Forest cake in the Black Forest 😉, these cone things filled with ice cream in Prague called trdelnik. 

I also love bread and potatoes. Everything in moderation. We have cruised many times and typically for 2 weeks to a month on each cruise. You have to have discipline if you want to keep doing it. Now, don't ask me about wine. Cheers!

In our earlier post, we forgot to mention our favorite pasta at Tuscan Grille:

Strozzapreti Carbonara!

We've never seen anyone else mention it at CruiseCritic, maybe because the name is unfamiliar to folks (making them afraid to order it) ... or maybe because they know that carbonara sauce can be super-spicy (lots of garlic and black pepper).

Give it a try, if can handle the "heat."

On 7/22/2021 at 7:02 AM, wrk2cruise said:

Wake view is only on "S" class ships.    On "M" class ships it now occupies the space formally Ocean Liners which is just forward of the rear elevators with no aft view.

Ok thanks I knew it was either M or S class!

27 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

My mouth is watering just thinking about this!  We do the filet.  We start with a Caesar salad, and an order of their meatballs - excellent.  For dessert we love the pistachio crème brule that comes with a chocolate layer.  Enjoy!

exactly like my order...and we add a little pasta for two.

Definitely a filet, a meatball (we share), the carpaccio is fabulous, I don’t remember if they still have raviolis, the pistachio chocolate creme brûlée is to die for & limoncello. I can’t wait till April!!!

Everyone has a particular favourite when dining at the Tuscan Grill. DW always chooses the Chicken Parmesan. ‘Yummy’ she says. The restaurant is very pleasant with expansive views of the sea aft of the ship. Personally wish they would change the knives to something that would fit the hand more comfortably.

In any event, no matter what you eat or what you drink, make very sure that you have left ‘room’ for dessert. What dessert? Spumoni donuts of course. Once you try them, you wish you had a smaller meal. You will want a second serving of Spumoni Donuts but it may not be possible to do another helping justice...just enjoy every mouthful. Sinfully delicious! CV

I like the goat cheese salad, the filet or the burrata, and for dessert I get the panna cotta which is several little mini desserts that are so good.   I absolutely LOVE the charcuterie and the bread basket is the best on the ship.   Last time (Feb. 2020) the goat cheese salad wasn't on the menu but they said they could do it.   So ask for it!  

My husband gets the caesar salad and a few years ago we ate at TG 3 times on that cruise and they made the salad table side, and the waiter even chopped up the anchovies into tiny bits and it was perfect.  

We have also each gotten an entree and split a 3rd entree.   But.... we said to give us HALF the 3rd entree so 1/4 each.   Although they were hesitant to give us such a small bit, we literally only wanted a couple bites to try (fettuccine).  

We typically sail in an aft or corner aft cabin so the views aren't as big a deal since we have those all day and night in our cabin, but it *is* a lovely venue.   

12 minutes ago, Crown Vic said:

Everyone has a particular favourite when dining at the Tuscan Grill. DW always chooses the Chicken Parmesan. ‘Yummy’ she says. The restaurant is very pleasant with expansive views of the sea aft of the ship. Personally wish they would change the knives to something that would fit the hand more comfortably.

In any event, no matter what you eat or what you drink, make very sure that you have left ‘room’ for dessert. What dessert? Spumoni donuts of course. Once you try them, you wish you had a smaller meal. You will want a second serving of Spumoni Donuts but it may not be possible to do another helping justice...just enjoy every mouthful. Sinfully delicious! CV

I totally agree about the knives.   I think they're weird.  

We have had our dessert delivered to our cabin before.  I never had the donuts - I always mean to, but panna cotta......

On 7/21/2021 at 6:05 PM, LadyBerard said:

Hi.  We're booked on the Constellation for 11/7!!!  Anyway, we reserved the Tuscan Grille Restaurant for the first evening.  We have never eaten there before.  What is everyone's favorite dish?  I'm looking for recommendations!  We both like just about everything.  The only thing I can think of that my husband doesn't  like is eggplant.

We are on the same ship and we booked the Tuscan Grille for the first evening also at 6 so we can see the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. Super cool!

1 hour ago, sunonfire said:

We are on the same ship and we booked the Tuscan Grille for the first evening also at 6 so we can see the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. Super cool!

After seeing what is most likely the first night's menu in the main dining room, we all decided to cancel our Tuscan Grille reservations.