Gold Benefits

2 hours ago, SRF said:

Not exactly.

They have been on at least one cruise.  If they have only done one, they were not Gold on that first cruise, so did not get the letter.

Okye dokie  but exactly what "Gold" are you referring to ? 🤫

17 hours ago, fred30 said:

The Gold status can be confusing in the beginning.

Years ago during our second cruise ever on the Explorer my wife and I were on the pool deck looking for a spot to sit.  We were near the Gold section which was the tiered decks area and there were only a couple of people there.  I said to my wife we’re Gold we can sit up here.  So we went up there grabbed 2 loungers and sat down.   A waiter came over and asked what we wanted.  I gave him my card and he brought us drinks no problem.  Maybe he just figured more tips.   But I kept seeing this one women glaring at giving us an evil eye.   I had no idea what she was glaring at us for but now I assume she had a real Gold card.   At some point after that we figured out there is an actual Gold card and that Gold status is not worth much.

I always wondered what bonehead at RC came up with the idea of a gold card and gold status.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

I always wondered what bonehead at RC came up with the idea of a gold card and gold status.

Exactly , Mercedes Benz has a entry level C class and a top of the line CLS class . Both C`s but 

big price difference . 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fred30 said:

The Gold status can be confusing in the beginning.

Years ago during our second cruise ever on the Explorer my wife and I were on the pool deck looking for a spot to sit.  We were near the Gold section which was the tiered decks area and there were only a couple of people there.  I said to my wife we’re Gold we can sit up here.  So we went up there grabbed 2 loungers and sat down.   A waiter came over and asked what we wanted.  I gave him my card and he brought us drinks no problem.  Maybe he just figured more tips.   But I kept seeing this one women glaring at giving us an evil eye.   I had no idea what she was glaring at us for but now I assume she had a real Gold card.   At some point after that we figured out there is an actual Gold card and that Gold status is not worth much.

I noticed that section on the Anthem. It was empty anytime I was there. Personally I wouldn't even use it if I was eligible. I would feel like I was on display.  Maybe that's why it was empty.  Your post confirms that Royal Caribbean never enforces the rules. The waiter did you a disservice by not telling you. He could have let you stay that one time if it wasn't crowded and you weren't taking someone's place but he should have at least told you.

Edited by Iamcruzin

1 hour ago, loman said:

Exactly , Mercedes Benz has a entry level C class and a top of the line CLS class . Both C`s but 

big price difference . 

C class is the basic car.  Same wheelbase, same basic body.

Different trim levels and engines between the base model and the CLS.

Like BMW between a 325 and an M3.

Or back in the past, from a base Charger and a Hemi. 😄

1 hour ago, SRF said:

Exactly which " gold "are you referring too ....

9 hours ago, SRF said:

Not exactly.

They have been on at least one cruise.  If they have only done one, they were not Gold on that first cruise, so did not get the letter.

You do not need to have cruise before to become "GOLD " and receive a letter. Your first cruise RCI gives you "GOLD " status with a "GOLD " sea pass card when you sail in a GS or above .. and they will exactly get "GOLD " benefits eg acess to the CL / SL including drinks and a letter explaining what befits they receive. Op questions exactly was what are "THE GOLD BENEFITS " :classic_rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, poocher said:

And I am assuming (yes I know) the OP means gold Crown & Anchor status not the gold card you get as a full suite passenger.

The second post was a link to C&A  benefits and we don't know or assume anything. The title of the thread is "Gold benefits " . Both GOLD Sea pass cards get a letter explaining what is offered . The question was asked which "GOLD " benefits . 

5 hours ago, SRF said:

Not the same car actually 

Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class
Mercedes-Benz C 257 Wien 27 July 2020 JM (cropped).jpg
Overview
Manufacturer
Production 2004–present
Body and chassis
Class Executive car
Body style
Layout FR / 4WD (4matic)

The Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class is a series of executive cars produced by Mercedes-Benz since 2004.

The original model was a four-door fastback sedan based on the Mercedes E-Class platform, marketed as a four door coupé.[1] An estate (Shooting Brake) model was later added to the model range with the second generation CLS.[2] All models are available as a high performance AMG variant, although it wasn't until the second generation CLS that 4MATIC all-wheel drive was offered.[3]

The CLS range is positioned between the E-Class and the S-Class within the Mercedes model range,[4][5] and models tend to be less practical than the E-Class it is based on.[6] It primarily competes with other fastback sedans like the BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe, Porsche Panamera and Audi A7.

• Like 1

OK, I did not know that. 

So it is a totally different car.

So as confusing as the Gold and Gold.  Although, every sign I have seen specifies Gold Sea Pass card.  Not just "Gold."

My first cruise, I had no idea that there were different color Sea Pass cards and what they meant.

We had originally booked a Jr Suite with my parents in a nearby Balcony (no more JR suites available).  Then a Royal Family Suite (now 2 bedroom Grand Suite) opened up for 4, for less than our two cabins, so we switched.  So we had Gold Sea Pass cards.  And thought that was normal.

Yep ,every one is confused ,there is gold C&A and a gold card .one gets you a half price beer if you pay full price for the other one .the gold card GS above , CLSL ,priority show seating, suit breakfast etc , there is a letter in your room on embarkation of your entitlement. Pre covid .cannot find my gold c&a card .🤷‍♂️😇🇭🇲

16273779195554610958442378652000.jpg

2 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Are you a fan or a driver? Me Clk cab 😇

Im a fan of german drive train engineering , and i drive an Audi A6 with the supercharged V6.

I am impressed with the acceleration and remarkable highway mileage

with the 8 speed transmission.😁

• Like 1

18 hours ago, loman said:

Serious street legal track cars ...  very nice !

If you know M3s, I will tantalize you.

One of them is a 95 M3 Lightweight.  Yes, a REAL one. 😄

On 7/27/2021 at 5:27 AM, Hogbay said:

Yep ,every one is confused ,there is gold C&A and a gold card .one gets you a half price beer if you pay full price for the other one .the gold card GS above , CLSL ,priority show seating, suit breakfast etc , there is a letter in your room on embarkation of your entitlement. Pre covid .cannot find my gold c&a card .🤷‍♂️😇🇭🇲

16273779195554610958442378652000.jpg

Not to confuse anyone, but we had a Grand Suite on Freedom July 12, and Suite Seapass cards are now a silvery-grey color instead of gold. 

09F5E023-5B3D-4DA8-853B-3BB9064305D0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Not to confuse anyone, but we had a Grand Suite on Freedom July 12, and Suite Seapass cards are now a silvery-grey color instead of gold. 

09F5E023-5B3D-4DA8-853B-3BB9064305D0.jpeg

Too late most people are totally confused but we also D+ but I would rather have that coloured card benefit's 👍🙂