Gold Benefits

2 hours ago, MariahJ said:

Can anyone tell me the current list of gold benefits? The website is very vague!

TIA!

Which gold are you talking about ? The gold coloured card or the card with gold printed on it ? One opens more than one door the other means you not sleeping on a deck chair and not much else 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Which gold are you talking about ? The gold coloured card or the card with gold printed on it ? One opens more than one door the other means you not sleeping on a deck chair and not much else 🤣

I'll take the gold colored card please. Ordering one for my next cruise. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MariahJ said:

I didn't realize gold was the lowest level. It figures that we have 29 points. 

There is also a solid gold colored card that I've seen used to get into the suite breakfast. I had a JS and no gold card, so I assume it's for full suites. .. now that's a nice card. 

Now I know a lot more about loyalty levels that I didnt know until covid made me stay home more.

Maybe it's for pinnacles.. all I know is i saw them going into a special breakfast room with gold cards. .. maybe one day ha. You and me both!

Edited by firefly333

We had a gold card when we stayed in a grand suite (first cruise in 16 years) now hubby won’t cruise unless we get one!

Grand suites and above get gold sea pass cards.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Gold status can be confusing in the beginning.

Years ago during our second cruise ever on the Explorer my wife and I were on the pool deck looking for a spot to sit.  We were near the Gold section which was the tiered decks area and there were only a couple of people there.  I said to my wife we’re Gold we can sit up here.  So we went up there grabbed 2 loungers and sat down.   A waiter came over and asked what we wanted.  I gave him my card and he brought us drinks no problem.  Maybe he just figured more tips.   But I kept seeing this one women glaring at giving us an evil eye.   I had no idea what she was glaring at us for but now I assume she had a real Gold card.   At some point after that we figured out there is an actual Gold card and that Gold status is not worth much.

• Haha 3

Is it me, or do things really make a difference at Diamond Plus? After my upcoming cruise i'll be Emerald which will give me a ....Welcome Waters & Snack + Beverage Selection

24 minutes ago, exm said:

Is it me, or do things really make a difference at Diamond Plus? After my upcoming cruise i'll be Emerald which will give me a ....Welcome Waters & Snack + Beverage Selection

Starting with Diamond, you actually get free stuff that matters.  Free drinks, free picture, and a decent discount .  Things like welcome water, or soda, and cookies, aren't really free stuff, just nice to have in the room I guess.  Until you start getting free stuff, it doesn't matter.  

Yeah Emerald mainly exists as a nice platitude on your way to Diamond. It's almost the same benefits as Platinum, just slightly bigger discounts loaded to the card and the beverage/snack on embarkation day. 

2 hours ago, fred30 said:

The Gold status can be confusing in the beginning.  I gave him my card and he brought us drinks no problem.  Maybe he just figured more tips.   

That's the best story 🤣🤣🤣 The waiter knew exactly that you were no suppose to be there he thought the real gold card lady don't tip any better I stick it to her I'm not the Gold card police...I'm getting there drinks . AND you would be the point of discussion in the CL the rest of the cruise. " The Peasant's that got served in the Gold area." 😂👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, exm said:

I think at diamond plus you get a bogo on a pay restaurant which I will use. 

Seriously?  Is no one going to answer the OP's question?

Prior to the pandemic this was a typical Gold on board offer letter:

an_CASoffers-1.jpg

Based on what I've observed this has not changed in a significant way for the Gold level for restart ships.  

Seriously! If the op is gold C&A the have already been on a cruise and have already received that letter .if it's there first booking they can sill get a gold card (GS and up ). BB in #2 shared the link already for C&A .:classic_rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Seriously! If the op is gold C&A the have already been on a cruise and have already received that letter .if it's there first booking they can sill get a gold card (GS and up ). BB in #2 shared the link already for C&A .:classic_rolleyes:

Not exactly.

They have been on at least one cruise.  If they have only done one, they were not Gold on that first cruise, so did not get the letter.

• Like 1