The Daily for Friday July 23, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

I heard Malbec.

Can you name names?

I have to go to Costco tomorrow.😇 A bottle just MIGHT find it’s way into my cart…..

Yesterday I took my neighbor to the airport in a nearby county, where I seldom go. On the way back I took a short detour to a store I found online that carries my favorite Malbec (Graffigna). The Total Wine by us no longer carries it. We discovered it when we RAN OUT of our favorite in Yosemite, so we bought what they had ( it was an emergency, after all), and that’s how we met.

Am braving Costco tomorrow, first thing. They usually have those huge shrimp, and I’m planning @aliaschief’s salad. I made it last night with lessor shrimp, which I marinated. Turns out, the marinade was NOT a good idea. It needed the freshness of good grilled shrimp. So we’re having a do-over Sunday, when Dad joins us. Dessert will be a repeat of last night’s: lime gelato, accented with limoncello, a little chili powder and a bit of jalapeño. 😛😋

Here is is.P1010288.thumb.JPG.f5c8dae7baf5a62ac7b9ee6031f34199.JPG

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, bobpatj said:

Back from VA and find myself on the last page, again.  There’s a lot to catch up!  We were in Alicante in 2017 on Koningsdam’s October transatlantic cruise.  We took a river cruise first and chose a cruise on a BHB rather than fly home.

From Barcelona is nice but much better from Cape Town.

Roy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

Here is is.P1010288.thumb.JPG.f5c8dae7baf5a62ac7b9ee6031f34199.JPG

Wow. I didn’t expect a house brand. Can’t wait to try it.

Adding- Costco just updated their Covid precautions. Starting Tuesday, Senior Hours return on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 😁

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Got my blood drawn and tested and saw my oncologist this morning.  Not much change in the leukemia, no treatment recommended, and I will see him again next year.  To celebrate, I stopped at Costco on the way home and bought a case of their Malbec.

Ray

🎉  🎊  🥂  🎈 👍  

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Wow. I didn’t expect a house brand. Can’t wait to try it.

Adding- Costco just updated their Covid precautions. Starting Tuesday, Senior Hours return on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 😁

What a difference - we’ve had seniors hours here all along.  I’m not sure what happens when we go green.  I sure hope they continue them for a bit  🤞 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Got my blood drawn and tested and saw my oncologist this morning.  Not much change in the leukemia, no treatment recommended, and I will see him again next year.  To celebrate, I stopped at Costco on the way home and bought a case of their Malbec.

Ray

That is such good news. 

Enjoy the celebration.

• Like 5

Thanks for all the information and photos.

Vanilla icecream will be on the menu this evening.

@summer slope Happy Birthday.

@StLouisCruiserspleased that you were able to speak with your DMIL on her birthday, hope she enjoyed the cake.

Lovely photo of baby Camilla.

It's a pleasant sunny winter day, temperature 10 C.

Take care everyone, stay safe.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, kazu said:

What a difference - we’ve had seniors hours here all along.  I’m not sure what happens when we go green.  I sure hope they continue them for a bit  🤞 

They had been holding them every week day, since Covid started, up until about 3 weeks ago. That was just after CA opened. Now our cases have increased, and some counties are requiring masks, due to the Delta surge. Personally, I’d love it if they just made Senior Hours permanent. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

They had been holding them every week day, since Covid started, up until about 3 weeks ago. That was just after CA opened. Now our cases have increased, and some counties are requiring masks, due to the Delta surge. Personally, I’d love it if they just made Senior Hours permanent. 

I’d love it if they were permanent too.  We’re due to fully re-open at the end of the month - I hope that doesn’t mean the end of seniors’ hour.  🤞 (Businesses are still allowed to require masks or other precautions if they wish)

• Like 3