Edge (7/17) Trip Report

AbbyCruiser45

7 minutes ago, kstetser said:

Thanks so much - we are considering jumping ship from the Disney Fantasy to the Edge in September.  We have never sailed anything but Disney before, but I'm reading great things about Celebrity and Edge.

I would definitely consider it. Having only sailed Disney once, I can’t speak too much to the comparison but the food and service on Edge were far better than my DCL sailing. My parents have done 5 DCL, including big ones like Panama Canal and Transatlantic, and they agree. 

• Like 1

Wonderful review!  I agree on just about everything....we really hope they add shade to those pool and open areas.  It is just blazing hot and we limit our sun exposure as much as we can.  Glad you enjoyed the ship and Celebrity.  

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

No charge for Eden Cafe for breakfast or dinner…which is all it served.  Eden the dinner restaurant is a fee specialty option.

I believe you meant to say no charge for breakfast or lunch at Eden Cafe. Dinner in Eden is a Specialty Restaurant. 

6 hours ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Unfortunately for both you and me, that’ll be a year from now 😂 I’ll be on the Equinox though, so I’m looking forward to a different ship! 

You'll love the Equinox!!!

Great job on your review of your cruise on the Edge.  Thank you!

2 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Wonderful review!  I agree on just about everything....we really hope they add shade to those pool and open areas.  It is just blazing hot and we limit our sun exposure as much as we can.  Glad you enjoyed the ship and Celebrity.  

There are some shaded areas but unfortunately they're not necessarily by the pool. The original pool deck renderings had some unusual flower-like umbrellas but those never materialized. Why they don't place some regular umbrellas around the pool deck is beyond me.

IMG_20181220_105944980.jpg

IMG_20181219_092910745_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181220_111319462.jpg

IMG_20181220_110024681.jpg

Great review! Love the Edge ship, we sailed her the first year she came out. I agree with you re the ramp area of the Eden. I'm an early riser and would go there w/book & double latte from Cafe Bacio. The music they piped in was very relaxing.  

Thank  you so very much, Abbeycruiser45 for taking the time to share your experiences with us.  I think people appreciate reviews now more than ever since we are all anxious to get back on ships.

Happy to hear you enjoyed your cruise!!!  Great report!

4 minutes ago, Luxana said:

Did you sail out of Ft. Lauderdale?  What time were you allowed to board the ship?

Yes! We had a noon arrival time and I was holding my SeaPass at my door at 12:12. They did not let anyone through security before noon though. 

66 not cool enough! That is positively arctic! I would be wearing tights, long underwear, turtlenecks, sweatshirts, sweatpants or jeans, a jacket and gloves at that. I generally keep my ac in a cabin or hotel room off, because it gets so cold. I keep my ac on 80 at home. When you live where it is at least 90 for several months, that is a big difference in temp when going from outside to inside. 

This was an excellent review. We have yet to sail on the Edge. The Equinox is our favorite ship. I'm sure you'll love it. 

Edited by kimlovesfl

We were on the July 3rd sailing and did the same three excursions you did (except we did Maho on our own).  We, too, liked the Hilton in Nassau, but also found the food took forever.  Luckily, we ordered right at noon (a pizza, some mozzarella sticks, and a sandwich).  We finally ate a little after 1 PM.  That was really the only negative thing about the place.