Edge Cabin Suggestions

RCCL Fan

I only have one celeb cruise under my belt, we did a concierge class on the reflection.   I have to say our room felt very cramped.  We were always squeezing around each other.

I'm looking at booking something on Edge/Apex and would like to find something we a bit more space.

Those of you who sail RCI, we usually book a JS or and aft corner D1

Can you recommend something that I might enjoy?

8 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

I only have one celeb cruise under my belt, we did a concierge class on the reflection.   I have to say our room felt very cramped.  We were always squeezing around each other.

I'm looking at booking something on Edge/Apex and would like to find something we a bit more space.

Those of you who sail RCI, we usually book a JS or and aft corner D1

Can you recommend something that I might enjoy?

On the Edge or Apex, the corner Aft Sky1 suites are very nice.

The cabins are roomy, the verandahs are a good size and you have a great view of the wake.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

I’ve read many reviews by the OP. He usually sails with his wife and two daughters. Edge may not have an equivalent of a Royal Junior Suite. 

Thanks for the info.

Closest to RCI Jr. suite in size is the Sky Suite 2. I have stayed in both. The size is almost identical. But the Sky suite will cost a lot more. Then again, Jr. Suites get NO suite perks on most RCI ships and only the chance to eat in the "suite" dining room if space is available, which is seldom, on Oasis class.  For the extra money the Sky suites get all the suite perks except the free specialty restaurants. 

• Like 1

Look at the descriptions of the cabins and they will show the layouts and size.   

The Sky Suites are probably the size you are looking for but also the difference in price may be shocking compared to RCCL.  The suites on Celebrity include more perks and benefits but you pay for it.  

Depending on your budget it may be what you are looking for .

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Got it --  Thanks

Tee & Chili is right, it's typically four of us.  (Although we're thinking of us for the Edge/Apex) 

When we did reflection it was the wife and I alone and we felt very claustrophobic, but yes we're used to the cabins like the photo you see above, not the narrow skinny ones and it made a difference for us.

I'll check out the Sky Suite and see if it's something we can swing....   I'll cross my fingers there's a sale!

1 hour ago, miched said:

Look at the descriptions of the cabins and they will show the layouts and size.   

The Sky Suites are probably the size you are looking for but also the difference in price may be shocking compared to RCCL.  The suites on Celebrity include more perks and benefits but you pay for it.  

Depending on your budget it may be what you are looking for .

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I honestly didn't look at the suites,  I wrote them off as unnecessary for just the two of us. 

I looked just at the aqua class/concierge class/ veranda.  They all seemed the exact same size, so I felt I was missing something.  

Apparently suite is the way I have to go to get a bit more space.   Thanks

• Like 1

If it’s just the two of you, the Sunset Verandas may appeal to you. They’re aft, the cabins are larger than the other verandas, and their verandas are spacious. If you choose one with the bed near the veranda, you won’t feel crowded when you both need access to the closet. Bookings currently include a beverage package, gratuities, and WiFi. 

Edited by Silkroad

22 hours ago, Silkroad said:

If it’s just the two of you, the Sunset Verandas may appeal to you. They’re aft, the cabins are larger than the other verandas, and their verandas are spacious. If you choose one with the bed near the veranda, you won’t feel crowded when you both need access to the closet. Bookings currently include a beverage package, gratuities, and WiFi. 

I'll see if I can find some details on square footage to see how much bigger they are than the others.

When we were on reflection it was just the two of us as well, and we weren't comfortable.   I think our room was considered larger than most too lol    and the bed was by the balcony.

Sounds like the sky suite might be our calling.   

I didn't see square footage last time I looked on the website, I'll try again and see how it all shakes out.

thanks for the advice. 

1 hour ago, RCCL Fan said:

I'll see if I can find some details on square footage to see how much bigger they are than the others.

When we were on reflection it was just the two of us as well, and we weren't comfortable.   I think our room was considered larger than most too lol    and the bed was by the balcony.

Sounds like the sky suite might be our calling.   

I didn't see square footage last time I looked on the website, I'll try again and see how it all shakes out.

thanks for the advice. 

I can help you with dimensions. Reflection Concierge cabin is 194 SF. Edge Sunset Veranda cabin is 228 SF. I've sailed on both ships in regular veranda cabins, so I know what you mean about them feeling tight. DH and I were OK until it was time to dress for dinner, when the area around the closet was simply too crowded. I've toured an Edge Sunset Veranda with the bed near the balcony, and I would have traded my own cabin in a NY minute😂 

I've also sailed in a corner aft Sky Suite on Reflection, and it was lovely. Quite spacious.  Of the Sky Suites on Edge/Apex, I would choose a mid-ship S2 Sky Suite. The bed faces the balcony door, so you can see the sky when you awaken. We had one of these booked on Edge for a special anniversary cruise to the Greek Isles in May 2020, but it was not to be. Before seeing this suite, I would have said I'd prefer the aft Sky Suites, which are also spacious and appealing. BTW the beds on Edge class are King size vs the Queen size on the other ships.

I'm attempting to link my favorite review the the Sky Suite I described. Select the top segment, with the "O" on it (post 138). The review posted just prior (post 137) is for a Sunset Veranda.

Best of luck with your choice😊

Edited by Silkroad

8 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I can help you with dimensions. Reflection Concierge cabin is 194 SF. Edge Sunset Veranda cabin is 228 SF. I've sailed on both ships in regular veranda cabins, so I know what you mean about them feeling tight. DH and I were OK until it was time to dress for dinner, when the area around the closet was simply too crowded. I've toured an Edge Sunset Veranda with the bed near the balcony, and I would have traded my own cabin in a NY minute😂 

I've also sailed in a corner aft Sky Suite on Reflection, and it was lovely. Quite spacious.  Of the Sky Suites on Edge/Apex, I would choose a mid-ship S2 Sky Suite. The bed faces the balcony door, so you can see the sky when you awaken. We had one of these booked on Edge for a special anniversary cruise to the Greek Isles in May 2020, but it was not to be. Before seeing this suite, I would have said I'd prefer the aft Sky Suites, which are also spacious and appealing. BTW the beds on Edge class are King size vs the Queen size on the other ships.

I'm attempting to link my favorite review the the Sky Suite I described. Select the top segment, with the "O" on it (post 138). The review posted just prior (post 137) is for a Sunset Veranda.

Best of luck with your choice😊

Hugely helpful --- thanks so much!!!