LIVE (hopefully) from the Nieuw Amsterdam's 2nd Alsakan Sailing

Brentt_M

16 minutes ago, Brentt_M said:

So we ended up getting home around 4am and our vacation is officially over now. However, our luggage was having none of that and is still on vacation somewhere...

You should join your luggage back on the NA for a second week! Glad you made it home safe and hope your luggage catches up with you soon. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Oh gosh, how terrible, I thought you said you used the service...I prefer to handle my own luggage when there are transfers of any kind involved.  Amtrak once did that to me, I got off in Georgia, and my luggage decided to go see the sights in New Orleans.  

We did use port valet and it worked great.  Our luggae ended up missing the connection in Vegas cause of the delays we experienced with the 1st flight.  It should be arriving in KC sometime this morning.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Brentt_M said:

However, our luggage was having none of that and is still on vacation somewhere...

I experienced that as well.  One piece of luggage decided to spend another day In Vancouver.  Then, it spent another couple of days.  The airline must have grown tired of caring for it and said good-bye.  Then, it went on a tour of the United States:  Vancouver to Salt Lake City to Minneapolis to Detroit to Dayton.  And, as every delayed piece of luggage I have ever had (not that many, thankfully), its arrival was announced by a late night/early morning phone call.  Amazingly, the bag was no worse for wear nor were its contents.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brentt_M said:

We did use port valet and it worked great.  Our luggae ended up missing the connection in Vegas cause of the delays we experienced with the 1st flight.  It should be arriving in KC sometime this morning.

I love it when my luggage doesn't make it home when I do! It means I don't have to schlep it home, or pray the cab driver will get it in the house for me! 
The airline delivers it right to my door, so far always the next day late morning, and I have time to leisurely unpack my carry-ons. And have my coffee. 

Just so long as my luggage makes it TO the cruise. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RuthC said:

I love it when my luggage doesn't make it home when I do! It means I don't have to schlep it home, or pray the cab driver will get it in the house for me! 
The airline delivers it right to my door, so far always the next day late morning, and I have time to leisurely unpack my carry-ons. And have my coffee. 

Just so long as my luggage makes it TO the cruise. 

Exactly!   It can take as long as it wants on the way home, but it better arrive with me for the cruise.

• Like 3

Well my luggage made it to KC and they are shipping it to me via fedex so I should have it sometime Tuesday.

Thanks for following along all and if I decide to book the 9/25 cruise I will post again I am sure.  The only other cruise I have booked is another Alaskan cruise next July on the Eurodam to celebrate my Mom's 60th and my 40th and my daughter's high school graduation. We have a Neptune and one of the Pinnacles booked for that one and as of right now I plan on doing another live then too.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brentt_M said:

So we ended up getting home around 4am and our vacation is officially over now. However, our luggage was having none of that and is still on vacation somewhere...

We got home with luggage intact, but with a dead battery in my wife's RAV4.  But thanks to AAA we got that sorted and are safely (and somewhat sadly) back at home...

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Brentt_M said:

Well my luggage made it to KC and they are shipping it to me via fedex so I should have it sometime Tuesday.

Thanks for following along all and if I decide to book the 9/25 cruise I will post again I am sure.  The only other cruise I have booked is another Alaskan cruise next July on the Eurodam to celebrate my Mom's 60th and my 40th and my daughter's high school graduation. We have a Neptune and one of the Pinnacles booked for that one and as of right now I plan on doing another live then too.

We'll be on the Eurodam next July too! July 23rd to be exact! It's a rebook of a rebook (originally 8/2020 and then the first cruise that sailed this year, had already rebooked by the time they announced the start date 😐). But, hey now we have something to look forward to. Only 349 more days!! But whose counting?!

Loved your report! Thanks for taking us along and sharing so much with us! Quick question, if you know... I noticed you were in a Neptune suite (btw, love Neptune aft suites!). I also saw the breakfast room service menu on another live thread. They now list indulge items with prices but did not have the usual "No charge for Pinnacle of Neptune suites" verbiage attached. Are suite guests now being charged for steak and eggs from room service?

9 minutes ago, TwinMommyByGrace said:

We'll be on the Eurodam next July too! July 23rd to be exact! It's a rebook of a rebook (originally 8/2020 and then the first cruise that sailed this year, had already rebooked by the time they announced the start date 😐). But, hey now we have something to look forward to. Only 349 more days!! But whose counting?!

Loved your report! Thanks for taking us along and sharing so much with us! Quick question, if you know... I noticed you were in a Neptune suite (btw, love Neptune aft suites!). I also saw the breakfast room service menu on another live thread. They now list indulge items with prices but did not have the usual "No charge for Pinnacle of Neptune suites" verbiage attached. Are suite guests now being charged for steak and eggs from room service?

I didn't even look at the room service menu to be honest. I like to eat out of the room most of the time if possible and I am a sucker for the omelet station.

We are on the July 16th sailing which is my mom's actual birthday.

• Like 2

I didn't even look at the room service menu to be honest. I like to eat out of the room most of the time if possible and I am a sucker for the omelet station.

We are on the July 16th sailing which is my mom's actual birthday.

I enjoy having breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill most mornings, but it's a big family cruise and one of our  party was wanting the steak and eggs so I thought I'd ask. Thanks for the quick reply! Enjoy your cruise next July and happy birthday to your mom! 

Have any of you visited the thermal spa since HA started back up. They want you to choose a specific time to go, right now, when you pay for it.  Lots of folks have questions about this, but unless you've been on the ships recently and used this service you don't know Thank you for your information. Pat

4 hours ago, Brentt_M said:

we're on the 9/25 and if you decide to book it Brentt - hope to meet you! And wise choice of rooms for your birthday and graduation celebrations next year!!

31 minutes ago, PG13 said:

Have any of you visited the thermal spa since HA started back up. They want you to choose a specific time to go, right now, when you pay for it.  Lots of folks have questions about this, but unless you've been on the ships recently and used this service you don't know Thank you for your information. Pat

That time slot means absolutely nothing it is just how they limit the number sold online precruise.  If you want to use it buy online before the cruise for a significant discount and then just check in with the spa desk to get the little sticker placed on your room key.  

I enjoyed it almost every day last week and I already am missing it back home.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, liam1965 said:

I’m not sure which I’m missing more, Brentt’s updates or people carrying what I have to say. 😉

Well I know I got back to Kansas and this heat and humidity sucks... so yep booked a cabin on the 9/25 sailing during lunch today!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Well I know I got back to Kansas and this heat and humidity sucks... so yep booked a cabin on the 9/25 sailing during lunch today!

Yaaaayyy....  we look forward to sailing with you!

19 hours ago, Brentt_M said:

I am certain that I am safe in saying you will not experience the heat and humidity that you are now experiencing (and is arriving in Ohio as I type this) during your late September cruise.  Good for you for booking another cruise!  

On 8/3/2021 at 7:28 AM, Himself said:

I have been to the Tram manty times.   Great views up there.

is it possible for a handicap person to take this??He rides  scooter, has Parkinsons and can walk some, but I'm not sure what we do with the scooter.

2 hours ago, PG13 said:

is it possible for a handicap person to take this??He rides  scooter, has Parkinsons and can walk some, but I'm not sure what we do with the scooter.

I can’t swear to it, but my recollection of it was that it should be scooter accessible.

On 8/8/2021 at 1:17 PM, dfish said:

Exactly!   It can take as long as it wants on the way home, but it better arrive with me for the cruise.

Be careful what you wish for. The luggage from the interupted world cruise last year took over 7 months to find its way home.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1