Norwegian Encore – The Great Cruise Comeback Live

BirdTravels

12 minutes ago, chefchick said:

May I ask….did you receive this email approx 21 days before sailing?  I know that when trying to complete check in for my upcoming encore sailing it reminds you to come back 21 days beforehand….my assumption was for this testing registration and to receive boarding times, etc.

We got the email from NCL about registering for our covid tests exactly two weeks before our sailing date.  I had already checked us in at 21 days (you're right, you can't do it before then) but there was no option to schedule our boarding time, which I guess is actually our testing time, until a couple of days later.  (When I didn't see the option to schedule our arrival time, I asked our PCC, who told me to just show up, but I'm glad I kept checking back as I was able to schedule a time a couple of days later.  You will see this option under the Health & Safety section of online check-in).

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, chefchick said:

May I ask….did you receive this email approx 21 days before sailing?  I know that when trying to complete check in for my upcoming encore sailing it reminds you to come back 21 days beforehand….my assumption was for this testing registration and to receive boarding times, etc.

So I am on the cruise on the 21st and we got our email on last SAturday July 31….  If you don’t have an email, you might be able to just do it thru this link.  https://www.eurofins-mylabport.com/account/continue-registration/NCL?E=49060   They recommend Chrome as a browser.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

We're at day 21 today for the 8/28 sailing. After getting to 100% checked in we got the email with the link to register with Eurofins. That link is specific for your cruise, because when we finished it knew we were on the sailing for the 28th. So using the link of someone else's email may not work for you.

We opted for the 11am time, just figuring out if we need to schlepp our bags across the street and then come back, or if there will be a magic Haven fairy to do that for us and we just stay at the hotel.

*Edit - we're staying at the Marriott the night before. Hence the question about schlepping and then coming back to go back again.

IF you find out about a magic Haven fairy for this, let me know.  I’m cruising on 8-21 so I can let you know too….  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, suzieq2cruise said:

We cruise on 8-21 and are arriving at Sea Tac early that AM.  Am now thinking I should change our appointment time to 10 AM and cab up from Sea Tac to the pier.  We;re Pre registered so that should help and hopefully, they’ll have “reinforced” the servers based on them crashing today…. Bless you for doing this first one and blogging it…

Quick question if you get a chance…. Did you drop your luggage before you got in line?  The Logistics guy I married wanted to know and its good question.  Thank you!

Glad you got through the line, the wait and are going forward!  Look forward to reading you this week!   

Suzy

We dropped our bags first. Then walked across the street to the Marriott. If you look at the photos from inside the facility, you reeeeaaallly don’t want to have bags with you there. Even people with roll-aboard size bags were struggling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, libtrek said:

We don’t cruise until 9/18. Do we have to wait for communication from NCL or can we register with Euro company now? Hopefully they will have the bugs ironed out by September.

I would wait until you get a notice saying that they are ready for you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NikiPinkston said:

So the pre-embarkation covid testing is done at the Marriott...  We're staying at the Marriott Friday night & plan to just walk across the street with our bags.  Did you have to check-in at the pier first?  Hoping we can just go downstairs & get this out of the way & then proceed to Pier 66.  We registered to have our tests taken at 9:30 so, hopefully, we're in good shape.

Go and get your test done early. They opened at 8:30 today. Then check out of the hotel and walk across the street. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Don’t try and leave the test center without being cleared. Security will detain you! 

Like the escape room, you either successfully pass or you’re handed over to the King County Health Authority. 

557EF994-0DE4-4392-B70C-D9C2C8E4D9B3.jpeg

And don’t try to enter the terminal. 

16E99FEE-1680-403E-AD5F-0175511D21F4.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Like BINGO, you wait for your number to be called

95C0ED63-1DB6-490F-B224-FCD61EF8EE08.thumb.jpeg.79b8f343441e604eb1ef30a04e6371f5.jpeg

That’s what I was thinking during the post-testing wait. “This is, like, the worst game of Bingo ever…”

And then I got so engrossed in my phone game that I missed my number popping up! Luckily you’ll also get a text message & email to notify you that the results are available. 

• Like 2

The Journey Begins!

484661F2-ECFA-43C4-A974-AF4B18E1F913.thumb.jpeg.ad1bbbef1ac8b2fa60a7f37fa633626c.jpeg

F146E2FC-DB0D-4617-A04D-BD9791EF12BF.thumb.jpeg.565565494091951d349defa2fa636517.jpeg

Drop the booze off before getting to security. 
C9B93A8B-701C-45AB-95FF-8DECE698755B.thumb.jpeg.fcb05a190d9b3209bdbe8c111158eec5.jpeg

Then to health screening where you fill out a electronic questionnaire and sign it on an iPad. 
945BFDF4-BA2F-4DFC-BC47-CF2D082A8814.thumb.jpeg.2565a90c2cb09e608ea0db4b1f9c68a3.jpeg

Then through security screening to get rid of contraband liquids. Then to check in (which was empty because everyone was still in the COVID testing line). 
E8470D8B-18C0-448F-89B0-6A86CDDC6D64.thumb.jpeg.843a9d4e35be000133c219fa22cadb1d.jpeg2A510BD7-A3E9-4A60-87D3-CA5DD3977BDA.thumb.jpeg.fbf024265273223011ee54c293ef9d7b.jpegEADDFBC0-46F4-4044-ABFE-47ED0FD36237.thumb.jpeg.73bd5dfd7cbca1a9839bf5b44bd93c83.jpeg

380F0E45-4803-4747-8654-D407DF92C8DB.jpeg

2392FCD1-A82C-4F05-9DEB-F988B52BB91E.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, coastcat said:

Confirmed: it’s self-serve except for the things which are crew-served anyway, such as the delicious dulce de leche ice cream I had for dessert #1.

Also, I may have been the first customer at Sugarcane. Music is great, ginger mojito is delicious, we’re back to cruising, it’s all so lovely that I can’t stop smiling. 

Now, back to your regularly scheduled word from the Bird. 

Love your style!  By any chance do you know if Bong and Clarense (Chocolate Cowboy) are at the Mojito Bar?

44 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Go and get your test done early. They opened at 8:30 today. Then check out of the hotel and walk across the street. 

Thank you so much for all of the great advice, BirdTravels! That's exactly what we'll do. 

• Thanks 2

When you board, they direct you to your muster station. Based on the announcements on the PA, some blew off that direction. 

Once onboard, the first thing you want to do is head to The Social on Dec 6 mid-ship and make entertainment reservations. And get a Vibe pass ($200+ this week). 

As expected, Kinky Boots is nowhere to be found. 

Then across the hall to Teppanyaki to fix dining reservations. 

ACF8B9A9-9FAD-47D0-B4EF-EB1BF2BB23C7.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

Love your style!  By any chance do you know if Bong and Clarense (Chocolate Cowboy) are at the Mojito Bar?

I didn’t see either of them but will keep an eye out. They might have the prime time shift!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Don’t try and leave the test center without being cleared. Security will detain you! 

Like the escape room, you either successfully pass or you’re handed over to the King County Health Authority. 

557EF994-0DE4-4392-B70C-D9C2C8E4D9B3.jpeg

And don’t try to enter the terminal. 

16E99FEE-1680-403E-AD5F-0175511D21F4.jpeg

• Like 1

BirdTravels,

I know you've been on NCL a lot.  Have you recognized any of the team members yet?  Bet they are as excited as the guests to have you aboard.

Given the circumstances, it looks like check-in was manageable even with the tests taking longer to come back.  

7 minutes ago, snorklinbarb said:

BirdTravels,

I know you've been on NCL a lot.  Have you recognized any of the team members yet?  Bet they are as excited as the guests to have you aboard.

Given the circumstances, it looks like check-in was manageable even with the tests taking longer to come back.  

Yes. They have some senior / corporate department managers onboard that we have sailed with many times in the past. 

wrt to the testing debacle, The cruise line is buying everyone wine for dinner tonight (announced by the cruise director).  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BlondeKajun said:

Great review, any idea what the process is for anyone testing positive? I assume they are transferring to some type of quarantine facility? At their own expense? We're fully vaxed but still nervous about our flight.

Thank You!

I specifically purchased travel insurance in the event that this could happen.  I hope that it is not needed.

• Like 1