Norwegian Encore – The Great Cruise Comeback Live

BirdTravels

On 8/7/2021 at 3:38 PM, BirdTravels said:

When you board, they direct you to your muster station. Based on the announcements on the PA, some blew off that direction. 

Once onboard, the first thing you want to do is head to The Social on Dec 6 mid-ship and make entertainment reservations. And get a Vibe pass ($200+ this week). 

As expected, Kinky Boots is nowhere to be found. 

Then across the hall to Teppanyaki to fix dining reservations. 

ACF8B9A9-9FAD-47D0-B4EF-EB1BF2BB23C7.jpeg

Thanks for posting this.  Do you get the Vibe pass at The Social?  Or at Guest Services?   On the Bliss 2 years ago, it was at Guest Services?  Thanks!

1 minute ago, John Cruiser SF said:

Thanks for posting this.  Do you get the Vibe pass at The Social?  Or at Guest Services?   On the Bliss 2 years ago, it was at Guest Services?  Thanks!

The Social. There are two lines, one for entertainment booking and one for Vibe bookings. When we were on the Encore to the eastern Caribbean, the Vibe line was very long…. Not so much for this cruise. 

• Like 2

Just now, BirdTravels said:

The Social. There are two lines, one for entertainment booking and one for Vibe bookings. When we were on the Encore to the eastern Caribbean, the Vibe line was very long…. Not so much for this cruise. 

Thank much.  Yes, the Vibe can be quite cold on some days so there's more limited demand.  Thanks for clarifying!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

This (and Margaritaville before it) have always been a struggle for me.  I feel like you are paying for food you can already get at the Local/O'Sheehans

That is how i always felt. I remember when i first sailed on the Norwegian Breakaway back in 2014, this area used to be free and was called the Uptown Grill with a better menu overall. The menu disappoints me and it not something you should spend money on or use the dinning credit

Edited by shof515
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

This (and Margaritaville before it) have always been a struggle for me.  I feel like you are paying for food you can already get at the Local/O'Sheehans

I have been thinking the same thing. I did like a couple of things at Margaritaville when it was a la carte, except the one time a waiter refused to serve me nachos because it was for more than one person.  

• Like 3

This is all so amazing! Thank you for posting all of it. I’m also very excited because you posted the Entourage paper… my daughter is 13, so this is a great thing. Also, there is the great joke of being Rick Rolled… Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down… It’s in the print. She will love this… it’s a teenager thing. 

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

But for the comeback, the first two Starbucks are on the cruise line. 

752A000F-8545-45E0-9CAB-7C183F4C94F2.jpeg

Not gonna lie, it took me three re-reads to realise that that said 'expansive' and not 'expensive'.

I was thinking it was a weird thing to brag about.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There will be more videos. Today is Valentine’s Day, Christmas, New Years Day, Independence Day, and all of the Birthdays not celebrated on NCL ships due to the pandemic. 

3CFBB153-7168-41E5-8CF3-F601E55F2022.thumb.jpeg.1d43d1b2c99a8ae79258226fa3074dd4.jpeg

Gotta say, this brought tears to my eyes. 

• Like 4

The Bird was watching the ships’s leisurely speed this afternoon and knew the inevitable was coming. Due to the medivac, tomorrow is now a sea day. Tuesday will be our big maiden call to Icy Straight Point. Skagway has been cancelled. Ketchikan will occur as scheduled. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The Bird was watching the ships’s leisurely speed this afternoon and knew the inevitable was coming. Due to the medivac, tomorrow is now a sea day. Tuesday will be our big maiden call to Icy Straight Point. Skagway has been cancelled. Ketchikan will occur as scheduled. 

That's a bummer, but it sure does look like NCL is making up for lost time in other ways. This thread makes me want to board next week! ty

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Bummer! That train ride in Skagway looked amazing. Oh well, more time to relax. 

Any whales spotted?