What Did We Do Before Medallion Class

Tedferg

1 hour ago, billco said:

Just wondering. Do you have any Princess cruises booked?

Yes

1 hour ago, billco said:

Have you been shopping for a smart device?

No, because we already own four smart devices (plus 3 desktop/laptop computers), none of which are acceptable for the app.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, caribill said:

Yes

No, because we already own four smart devices (plus 3 desktop/laptop computers), none of which are acceptable for the app.

Sounds like your smart devices aren't smart enough for Medallion Class. You might want to think about an upgrade. Make things a lot easier.

5 minutes ago, billco said:

Sounds like your smart devices aren't smart enough for Medallion Class. You might want to think about an upgrade. Make things a lot easier.

Heck even our iPhone 12 doesn't work with the app - don't blame people blame the app

• Like 2

Just now, memoak said:

Heck even our iPhone 12 doesn't work with the app - don't blame people blame the app

Not blaming people or the app. Just saying this is the direction Princess is going. Princess responsibility is to keep improving the app. Princess cruisers will need to get devices compatible with Medallion App. While it may take some time, I think both criteria will be met.

I also think discussion about how things used to be is fruitless. I just don't think Princess is going back.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, billco said:

Not blaming people or the app. Just saying this is the direction Princess is going. Princess responsibility is to keep improving the app. Princess cruisers will need to get devices compatible with Medallion App. While it may take some time, I think both criteria will be met.

I also think discussion about how things used to be is fruitless. I just don't think Princess is going back.

I'll believe this is the true wave of the future when the app becomes the only way of booking a Princess cruise.

As long as Princess allows booking a cruise via a web based browser or with a TA that can use their desktop, then Princess is not really making the app on a smart phone/tablet the wave of the future.

Can you imagine Princess saying "Sorry. Your Android system is too old to allow you to book a cruise with us? You will need to purchase an acceptable digital device and then you can download our fabulous app and book your cruise."

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, memoak said:

10 minutes ago, c-boy said:

What ! 😲 

yet my iphone 10 XR works just fine after I updated to the current IOS

( didn't try on my 11 year old 4s before it was retired )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billco said:

Or Princess could think about making their app more user friendly.

1 hour ago, billco said:

I am OP and have said, more than once, I had a genuine question of how we used to handle documents before desktop Personalizer. I could not remember what happened on our first cruise, how we got luggage tags etc. The answer was a package in the mail - end of discussion. I was not asking to go bask to 'the good old days'.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Idratherbeatsea said:

Always did the Document Dance!

someone - sorry can't give props to - did a pretty detailed posting with pictures of the un-boxing of the medallion when it first came out pre-'rona