Diamond Plus Internet Discount

sn2792

It’s been awhile since we have cruised Royal. I thought we used to get some free minutes of internet or a discount on internet package. I’m not seeing anything about this as a benefit when I looked at the Crown and Anchor site. Has this changed or am I not remembering correctly.

9 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

So, as my first diamond sailing approaches, don't bother booking internet online before the cruise?.....wait until I get on board?

Yes. Though not sure what the discount is for diamond.  It's 1 day/24 hr period free.

1 hour ago, jerseyjjs said:

So, as my first diamond sailing approaches, don't bother booking internet online before the cruise?.....wait until I get on board?

The break even point depends on cruise length, price online, number of people and your usage pattern.  If the sailing is over 4 days and you need internet every day, buying online will likely be cheaper. You can use your discount on board toward the end of the cruise to upgrade to Stream if you bought Surf. 

This was the Coupon for Diamond Plus on Freedom this past weekend 8-6 to 8-9-2021. It was $51.98 We just waited until Saturday Morning to Sign up. Both of us had Free surf and stream for the rest of Cruise. Attached is a screen shot I took of the rate when we signed up. Hope this helps.

5A91ED88-9868-476A-857A-A22F08D192F9.thumb.png.fc6e577f8d31ba449ba2eb78f218c45d.png

• Thanks 1

Just now, JsMom2 said:

In my experience the answer is no.  But I definitely agree with the logic!  

4 hours ago, HOBE SOUND CRUISER said:

I'm Diamond+ and I booked a 5 night solo cruise, do I get two 24 hour periods?

I missed the + in your post. You will get 2 free days as Diamond plus.  

On 8/11/2021 at 8:13 AM, HOBE SOUND CRUISER said:

I'm Diamond+ and I booked a 5 night solo cruise, do I get two 24 hour periods?

I think it is only per Person based on the Status ie 2D+= 4 days total 1D+and 1D would =3  1 D+ = 2 days total. On the longer cruises we both share the two day periods. I long on get my stuff log off she long on get her stuff stay connect until I want to log on again. Then after 4 days if more time is needed we can just purchase. I have found on the 8+ night cruises it is just easier and cheaper to buy Voom Multi Device. at least that was the case before Covid.

On 8/10/2021 at 9:21 PM, link99 said:

This was the Coupon for Diamond Plus on Freedom this past weekend 8-6 to 8-9-2021. It was $51.98 We just waited until Saturday Morning to Sign up. Both of us had Free surf and stream for the rest of Cruise. Attached is a screen shot I took of the rate when we signed up. Hope this helps.

5A91ED88-9868-476A-857A-A22F08D192F9.thumb.png.fc6e577f8d31ba449ba2eb78f218c45d.png

The last time I sailed on Anthem in Sept. '19, it was $19.99 per device for S&S.  Is the $22.99 per day standard these days.

If there are two D's or D+'s in the cabin and you don't need to be on the internet constantly, you can consider sharing a login by having one person use their voucher for a few days and then have the other one use their voucher for a few days. For example: skip the departure day - use a voucher to get a 48 hour package for days two and three - skip day four (usually a port day anyway) - and then have the other person use their voucher for days five and six. On a short cruise if you share one login between two people, you can get access for the entire cruise at little to no cost.

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

True, there is always an internet fire sale towards the end of a cruise.

That's not a sale, the remaining days package should always be available at the same per day cost as if buying the first day. It is only available till two days to go - last day you'd have to buy the more expensive 24 hr package. Most recently, the Surf $16/day VOOM (price and discount may differ slightly on certain ships) can be had with a D+ coupon for $2 with 3 days to go ($48-$46 D+ discount).