CVS Rapid Antigen Test

luv4cruises

On 8/11/2021 at 11:46 AM, The_Mac said:

How i read it:

The confusion is because Unvaccinated can only get PCR pre-cruise.  Antigen wont be accepted.  They will additionally get an antigen at the port.  PCR is more accurate, so that makes sense for unvaccinated.

Vaccinated can get either PCR or Antigen pre-cruise.

the 72 hour non-sense i would guess will get fixed eventually.

Called Celebrity.  We are vaccinated & was told the rapid antigen test from CVS  is acceptable & that the 72 hour thing is confusing.  We sail next Saturday ( the 21st) on the Edge & was told that they would accept a text taken anytime on Wednesday.

On 8/12/2021 at 4:33 AM, dazey said:

Although we are not sailing until late November I am curious how it might be for me under the current requirements for testing.  We embark on 11/20 but flying into FLL on 11/18.  If I get tested on 11/17 at CVS at home will I get result in time and how does one get the result? We are "old school" and in the past we called for result and waited to get our result on our home computer.  If the test and  result is immediate could we get it when we arrive in FLL?  

I am stressed already.

We sail on the Equinox on September 26

Certainly NOT stressing 

Currently Celebrity is saying that a Negative Covid-Test result is REQUIRED for cruises departing August 6th - September 6th - waiting to see what happens after September 6th !! 

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I saw the answer to this question somewhere in this thread, but now I can't find . . . . Is embarkation day counted as one of the days within which you must have had the negative Covid test?  Example, our cruise departs on a Saturday and now must be done within two days.  Does that mean it can be done as early as Thursday?  Thanks!!

12 minutes ago, bmw-atl said:

I thought I saw the answer to this question somewhere in this thread, but now I can't find . . . . Is embarkation day counted as one of the days within which you must have had the negative Covid test?  Example, our cruise departs on a Saturday and now must be done within two days.  Does that mean it can be done as early as Thursday?  Thanks!!

I have seen that several times, and I think you can find it somewhere on Celebrity's website, which you should probably try to do.  But the most recent posts about this state very clearly that you exclude the day the cruise departs.  So in your example, if you are in the two day regime, then Thursday is the first day you could get the test.

Tom & Judy

22 minutes ago, bmw-atl said:

Yes, if you are fully vaxxed, then no earlier than Thursday.  The answer is on Celebrity's web site, in the FAQ:

Where and When to Get Your Test

Most local pharmacy chains offer COVID-19 Testing and most county or state websites can help you find a local public testing site. You can also go to a doctor’s office, diagnostic lab, or telehealth provider to get your test.

Some additional things to keep in mind when scheduling your test:

• For sailings that require a pre-cruise test, you will be asked to take the test no more than 3 days before your sail date for unvaccinated guests and no more than 2 days for vaccinated. How to calculate 3 and 2 days before: The day you set sail is not included as one of the days. For example, if you are setting sail on a Saturday, you can take your test on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday before your sailing and for 2 days you can take the test Thursday or Friday.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

3 hours ago, TFree said:

I have seen that several times, and I think you can find it somewhere on Celebrity's website, which you should probably try to do.  But the most recent posts about this state very clearly that you exclude the day the cruise departs.  So in your example, if you are in the two day regime, then Thursday is the first day you could get the test.

Tom & Judy

The instruction is you do not count the cruise date and count back 2 days.    So if a Sunday cruise you must be tested any time Friday.

• Like 1

Latest e-mail I received today from Celebrity for our September 17 cruise -  a change I note that makes no sense is adults have to be tested 2 days prior to cruise but

All unvaccinated children between the ages of two and eleven years old will be required to bring a negative PCR test conducted within three days of boarding. These guests will have an additional PCR test taken at the terminal prior to embarkation and on the day before disembarkation.

For 9/17 Cruise on Equinox

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Equinox® for your Caribbean sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Before we depart, we have some important information to share regarding our Health and Safety Protocols. Out of an abundance of caution, Celebrity Cruises will be enhancing COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests. 

For US sailings departing through October 1, 2021, all guests two years of age and older, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. All vaccinated guests will be required to present this test taken as either a PCR or an Antigen test, conducted within two days of boarding the vessel. All unvaccinated children between the ages of two and eleven years old will be required to bring a negative PCR test conducted within three days of boarding. These guests will have an additional PCR test taken at the terminal prior to embarkation and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be emailed separately. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs. For additional details on accepted COVID-19 tests please click here.

For fully vaccinated guests living in the United States, a home-test kit will be available for purchase as of Wednesday, September 8, 2021. We are working with an authorized medical provider to be able to offer this option to our guests. You will complete your pre-cruise test right at home or at any other place of your choosing with the help of a live video supervision by a Certified Guide. These test kits will be delivered anywhere in the United States and Puerto Rico, within two business days and you will receive validated results in 15 minutes.

Order At-home Test Kits
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTERING
THE US FROM ABROAD
All non-US residents must present a negative NAAT or Antigen test taken with 3 days of travel.
Be sure to save a copy on your phone and bring a printed copy. Name on test results must match those on government issued identification.
VACCINATION POLICY
All sailings departing the U.S. are subject to guidance from the CDC. Following CDC guidelines, we will sail with all crew vaccinated and at least 95% of guests will be fully vaccinated.
Currently, the CDC does not recognize any mixed combination of COVID-19 vaccines as fully vaccinated. For sailings departing the United States, to be recognized as fully vaccinated, guests 12 years of age and older, must complete a vaccine series with products from the same manufacturer, with the last dose administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. Additionally, Celebrity Cruise will not accept any form of Certificate of Recovery.
Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination.
All unvaccinated children 2 to 11 years old will require a complimentary Covid-19 test at the terminal. Registration is required prior to arrival at terminal. A link will be provided via email to the unvaccinated guest.
Guests that do not meet the testing and health screening policy requirements will be denied boarding. For additional details on our health and safety protocols, click here to see FAQs.
WHILE ONBOARD
Following CDC Guidelines, masks will not be required for vaccinated guests. Masks are required for unvaccinated guests under 12 years old while indoors when not in their stateroom, eating or drinking.
WHILE ASHORE
Shore excursion guidance listed by port of call can be found online here. We will continue to monitor and update as any changes to local requirements occur.

Unvaccinated youths or families touring with unvaccinated children may only go ashore if participating in an excursion provided by Celebrity Cruises.
TRAVEL HOME - US AND ABROAD
Unvaccinated children are required to take a PCR test for Covid-19 prior to re-entry for voyages 4 nights or longer.
Tests required for home country re-entry will also be administered onboard. Testing will be provided free of charge to our vaccinated guests prior to debarkation. Additional details and registration provided once onboard.

51 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The instruction is you do not count the cruise date and count back 2 days.    So if a Sunday cruise you must be tested any time Friday.

Correct, but in this case @bmw-atlsaid that his/her cruise was on Saturday, so therefore Thursday is the earliest day in his/her case.

Tom & Judy

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Latest e-mail I received today from Celebrity for our September 17 cruise -  a change I note that makes no sense is adults have to be tested 2 days prior to cruise but

All unvaccinated children between the ages of two and eleven years old will be required to bring a negative PCR test conducted within three days of boarding. These guests will have an additional PCR test taken at the terminal prior to embarkation and on the day before disembarkation.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Equinox® for your Caribbean sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Before we depart, we have some important information to share regarding our Health and Safety Protocols. Out of an abundance of caution, Celebrity Cruises will be enhancing COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests. 

For US sailings departing through October 1, 2021, all guests two years of age and older, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. All vaccinated guests will be required to present this test taken as either a PCR or an Antigen test, conducted within two days of boarding the vessel. All unvaccinated children between the ages of two and eleven years old will be required to bring a negative PCR test conducted within three days of boarding. These guests will have an additional PCR test taken at the terminal prior to embarkation and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be emailed separately. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs. For additional details on accepted COVID-19 tests please click here.

For fully vaccinated guests living in the United States, a home-test kit will be available for purchase as of Wednesday, September 8, 2021. We are working with an authorized medical provider to be able to offer this option to our guests. You will complete your pre-cruise test right at home or at any other place of your choosing with the help of a live video supervision by a Certified Guide. These test kits will be delivered anywhere in the United States and Puerto Rico, within two business days and you will receive validated results in 15 minutes.

Order At-home Test Kits
THE US FROM ABROAD
All non-US residents must present a negative NAAT or Antigen test taken with 3 days of travel.
Be sure to save a copy on your phone and bring a printed copy. Name on test results must match those on government issued identification.
VACCINATION POLICY
All sailings departing the U.S. are subject to guidance from the CDC. Following CDC guidelines, we will sail with all crew vaccinated and at least 95% of guests will be fully vaccinated.
Currently, the CDC does not recognize any mixed combination of COVID-19 vaccines as fully vaccinated. For sailings departing the United States, to be recognized as fully vaccinated, guests 12 years of age and older, must complete a vaccine series with products from the same manufacturer, with the last dose administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. Additionally, Celebrity Cruise will not accept any form of Certificate of Recovery.
Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination.
All unvaccinated children 2 to 11 years old will require a complimentary Covid-19 test at the terminal. Registration is required prior to arrival at terminal. A link will be provided via email to the unvaccinated guest.
Guests that do not meet the testing and health screening policy requirements will be denied boarding. For additional details on our health and safety protocols, click here to see FAQs.
WHILE ONBOARD
Following CDC Guidelines, masks will not be required for vaccinated guests. Masks are required for unvaccinated guests under 12 years old while indoors when not in their stateroom, eating or drinking.
WHILE ASHORE
Shore excursion guidance listed by port of call can be found online here. We will continue to monitor and update as any changes to local requirements occur.

Unvaccinated youths or families touring with unvaccinated children may only go ashore if participating in an excursion provided by Celebrity Cruises.
Unvaccinated children are required to take a PCR test for Covid-19 prior to re-entry for voyages 4 nights or longer.
Tests required for home country re-entry will also be administered onboard. Testing will be provided free of charge to our vaccinated guests prior to debarkation. Additional details and registration provided once onboard.

I think main reason for the 3 day for unvaccinated is it has to be a PCR test which can take 1-2 days to get back vs. 15 mins for a rapid antigen test. A 2 day requirement for the PCR would make it virtually impossible for anyone to get results back prior to travel.  

15 hours ago, RichmondJustin said:

I think main reason for the 3 day for unvaccinated is it has to be a PCR test which can take 1-2 days to get back vs. 15 mins for a rapid antigen test. A 2 day requirement for the PCR would make it virtually impossible for anyone to get results back prior to travel.  

Makes sense.  The PCR is also much better at detecting the virus and yields less false negatives.  Since vaccinated folks are much less likely to get Covid, the less accurate antigen test has been determined to be satisfactory for screening purposes.

• 5 months later...
On 9/11/2021 at 8:01 PM, jgmorgan said:

Makes sense.  The PCR is also much better at detecting the virus and yields less false negatives.  Since vaccinated folks are much less likely to get Covid, the less accurate antigen test has been determined to be satisfactory for screening purposes.

Yep, compared to other available virus isolation methods, real-time RT-PCR is fundamentally quicker and has a lower potential for defilement or mistakes, as the whole cycle can be done inside a shut cylinder. It keeps on being the most dependable technique accessible for the identification of the COVID-19 infection.

On 9/10/2021 at 3:45 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Order At-home Test Kits
THE US FROM ABROAD
VACCINATION POLICY
WHILE ONBOARD
WHILE ASHORE

Above is incorrect in that CDC and Celebrity does recognize and accept mixed vaccines.  Here is from Celebrity website “Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Sinovac,  Sinopharm or Covaxin. Youths who have received one dose of a vaccine (other than Johnson & Johnson) will not be considered fully vaccinated.”

2 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

How about the Tests onboard? 

You need a test 24h prior arrival at CAN.. How about the trip from the US to CAN

Celebrity ships have not called anywhere in Canada for quite some time.