Is DP340 Promo Not Applicable For All Sailings?

kccrzr

I was just pricing a short cruise sailing in January 2022.  When I checked on JS cost for 1 person I input the DP340 promo code but no deduction appeared on the cost breakdown - total price for 1 person shown as $1715.  When I checked same cabin, same sailing for 2 people the total cost was $1688! Very strange.

17 minutes ago, kccrzr said:

I was just pricing a short cruise sailing in January 2022.  When I checked on JS cost for 1 person I input the DP340 promo code but no deduction appeared on the cost breakdown - total price for 1 person shown as $1715.  When I checked same cabin, same sailing for 2 people the total cost was $1688! Very strange.

Check to make sure that your c and a number did not drop off.  Enter the DP340 first and then go back and enter your C and A number.  If you enter your C and A number first it falls off and you don't get the correct pricing.

4 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

If you booked Oasis solo , would you still get the wow obc since it is per room?

Idk about oasis but the obc changes when you change to 1 pax as you click thru. It might say 50 or 75 obc on liberty, but it actually gave me 38 once I changed to 1 pax. 

The obc does seem to change. I got less obc solo than it showed at first. Hey I'm not complaining just nothing I didnt get what itmoriginally said.

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Doesn't work in summer or holidays.

Check out Oasis ships in '21. Doesnt appear to be any solo surcharge on most sailings

I booked solo on Oasis as I'm going with a couple of friends and I offered to go solo to get extra points. Does the lack of a surcharge have any impact on me getting the extra C&A points for being a solo cruiser?

• 1 month later...

Today I booked my husband as a solo cruiser on the Brilliance in January as it was less than adding him to my existing reservation.  For some inexplicable reason, the DP340 promotion code  still did not work on my desk top but it did work on my iPhone - guess it pays to try multiple devices.

3 minutes ago, Larryhnj said:

What is a DP 340 code and where do you get these codes. 

Larry

DP340 is the code that only works for Diamond Plus members with 340 or more points and Pinnacle members for the reduced single supplement of 150%.

1 hour ago, Anton said:

DP340 is the code that only works for Diamond Plus members with 340 or more points and Pinnacle members for the reduced single supplement of 150%.

Thanks,  I had never of it but maybe because I don’t cruise solo. 

Larry

The DP340 promo does not show every time in the final booking page on RCCL's web site.  You also have 2 opportunities to input your C&A number.  You need to go all the way through the booking process to the point where you enter all your name, telephone, birthdate, etc., and this page is where you can enter your C&A number a second time. Then click Continue to see the final pricing.

The discounts are listed in the "details for passenger" pop-up when you click that link,  I've noticed depending on the other promos, I will sometimes see a "CAS" discount.  The only way to know for sure is to go through the booking WITHOUT the promo code to get the regular solo price, and then back-up to the page you can enter your discount eligibility (C&A, senior, state, and DP340). If the second time you go through the booking you see a lower price, then the DP340 is applied.

Basically RCCL's system will give to the lowest price available, and apply DP340 if it gets you a lower price.

I have just recently decided to book all my future cruises through the D+ desk, as they know immediately what the promo code is, while the TA I was using ALWAYS had to have it explained, and the RCCL rep almost always had to, also.

Then, after booking I will transfer the booking to my TA if the offered perk(s) are worth it.

I do know that DP340 is usually $100+ lower, and many times over $200.

Edited by pcur