Bahamas Updates Vaccine Requirements

Cruising89143

"If you are 12 years and older and currently booked on a MSC Cruises itinerary departing from Port of Miami or Port Canaveral beginning September 3, 2021 through and including sailings of October 31, 2021 and you are not fully vaccinated and will not be vaccinated 14 days prior to the cruise, you are eligible for a full refund of any funds currently on your booking. Please contact MSC Cruises at 1-877-665-4655 if you booked directly with MSC Cruises or contact your Travel Advisor."

Edited by jules815
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On MSC’s website

NEW: The Bahamas has just announced new protocols requiring any visitors (12 years and older) to be fully vaccinated. Due to this latest requirement, MSC Cruises will now be requiring all guests 12 years and older to be fully vaccinated on all sailings beginning September 3, 2021 through and including sailings of October 31, 2021 departing from PortMiami and Port Canaveral. Please read the requirements based on your departure date for exact information and to ensure you are not denied boarding.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures/caribbean-cruises

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cruisingator2 said:

On MSC’s website

NEW: The Bahamas has just announced new protocols requiring any visitors (12 years and older) to be fully vaccinated. Due to this latest requirement, MSC Cruises will now be requiring all guests 12 years and older to be fully vaccinated on all sailings beginning September 3, 2021 through and including sailings of October 31, 2021 departing from PortMiami and Port Canaveral. Please read the requirements based on your departure date for exact information and to ensure you are not denied boarding.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures/caribbean-cruises

Thanks for posting this! I can't blame them at all.

4 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

I think the Bahamas is just the start.

Agree.  Each foreign port will set their own requirements for entry just as they have always done.  Doesn't matter what Florida says or CDC.  Many of the ports are in nations that have not had access to vaccinations on a wide scale level.  As the new variant is spreading rapidly many, I believe, will adopt "vaccinated only" entry requirements.  They do not want their hospitals overrun and want to protect their own citizens.  Many of them will consider the protection of their citizens primary over monetary considerations.   

• Like 5

Thinking that the cut off date of Oct 31 will get pushed . Possible to end of year.

Right now, they are giving it a couple months to see if they can get numbers under control.  
For those planning on cruising this year, it seems that getting vaccinated will be a requirement.😷

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, phissy said:

Thinking that the cut off date of Oct 31 will get pushed . Possible to end of year.

Right now, they are giving it a couple months to see if they can get numbers under control.  
For those planning on cruising this year, it seems that getting vaccinated will be a requirement.😷

And I'm fine with that! With everyone still presenting a test at the pier, I wonder if masks will still be required? Stay tuned, right?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, jules815 said:

And I'm fine with that! With everyone still presenting a test at the pier, I wonder if masks will still be required? Stay tuned, right?

NCL is cruising with fully vaccinated passengers and crew out of Seattle. No one under 12 allowed. Rapid test still given at port. Onboard experience reported as no masks required. At ports, masks required until back on board.

If MSC follows suit, sounds like this would make onboard experience much more pleasant.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, phissy said:

NCL is cruising with fully vaccinated passengers and crew out of Seattle. No one under 12 allowed. Rapid test still given at port. Onboard experience reported as no masks required. At ports, masks required until back on board.

If MSC follows suit, sounds like this would make onboard experience much more pleasant.

NCL is requiring vaccinations on all cruises including Florida through at least the end of year. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25699-norwegian-cruise-line-extends-vaccination-requirement-through-dec-31.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

I’m very happy MSC is doing this.
We sail Nov 14th on Divina so I’m hoping this policy will be extended to include our cruise. 

I don't think MSC is doing this.  It a requirement from the Bahamas. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

MSC requires a negative result covid test to be provided by the guests beginning Aug 20th. This announced on August 19th. Same with the 23 Aug sailing, which I am on. No email sent to the guests.....yet. Funny, I scheduled a test at Walgreens on the 21st, just to get the routine down for Nov and December cruises that inform guests ahead of time to bring test results of negative.

16 minutes ago, navychop said:

MSC requires a negative result covid test to be provided by the guests beginning Aug 20th. This announced on August 19th. Same with the 23 Aug sailing, which I am on. No email sent to the guests.....yet. Funny, I scheduled a test at Walgreens on the 21st, just to get the routine down for Nov and December cruises that inform guests ahead of time to bring test results of negative.

8/20 guests don't need a negative test if they are fully vaxxed. Unvaxxed have needed one for a while.

A bit back they announced that 8/27 will need neg test regardless of status...

So, to comply with the Bahamas new reg, MSC and other cruise lines will need to "prove" that the 12 and older are fully vaxed - luckily there is a temporary injunction in place (from NCL v FL litigation) that put a stay on the "can't ask about vax status" that FL had put in place. 

So, what happens if the temporary injunction is lifted?  How can any cruise line prove to Bahamas the vax status of their passengers if they cannot ask for proof of vax status?  Boy this could get messy ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jules815 said:

"If you are 12 years and older and currently booked on a MSC Cruises itinerary departing from Port of Miami or Port Canaveral beginning September 3, 2021 through and including sailings of October 31, 2021 and you are not fully vaccinated and will not be vaccinated 14 days prior to the cruise, you are eligible for a full refund of any funds currently on your booking. Please contact MSC Cruises at 1-877-665-4655 if you booked directly with MSC Cruises or contact your Travel Advisor."

Wow! I may have just lucked out, I’m on Divina in Sept …. Going to look for a cheap upgrade ☺️

21 minutes ago, KeepSailing said:

So, to comply with the Bahamas new reg, MSC and other cruise lines will need to "prove" that the 12 and older are fully vaxed - luckily there is a temporary injunction in place (from NCL v FL litigation) that put a stay on the "can't ask about vax status" that FL had put in place. 

So, what happens if the temporary injunction is lifted?  How can any cruise line prove to Bahamas the vax status of their passengers if they cannot ask for proof of vax status?  Boy this could get messy ...

I’m not sure how this “can’t ask for vax proof” got started. The lawsuit was about denying boarding to unvaccinated. Youtube has tons of FL Vloggers showing their Vax cards at embarkation. I have two FL cruises booked for this fall (MSC, NCL) and had to acknowledge whether I was vaxed or unvaxed and confirm that I knew I had to show my card at embark.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jules815 said:

MSC Meraviglia and MSC Divina Cruises Beginning September 3 through & including October 31, 2021 departing from PortMiami and PortCanaveral

- FULLY VACCINATED & GUESTS 2 - 11 YEARS OLD

Please follow the below requirements to ensure you are not denied boarding:

• MASK REQUIRED: You will be required to wear a mask throughout the terminal and during embarkation. 

Yes mask during embarkment.