Queen Elizabeth Britannia Club Dining

Electra 7

1 hour ago, Electra 7 said:

Hi could anyone tell me about Britannia club dining is it worth the extra £400 each 

The rooms are no different to Britannia ones, but the small restaurant is lovely. You have freedom time dining and your own table, breakfast, lunch and dinner ( as pre COVID). There are some enhanced items available on menu. 
If you think this appeals, then it is worth the cost, and only you can make that decision.

We considered booking a Britannia Club cabin for a cruise in January but dont like the position of the cabins and what was above the cabins on deck 9 so we didnt bother. Stayed in a cabin one deck below swimming pool and deck area and all we could hear is water splashing about all night and stewards dragging sunbeds out in early morning.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Electra 7 said:

thanks for replying  can you tell me what size the tables are and are we able to go to Britannia restaurant for a meal if we choose or is it always Club restaurant

You can have breakfast or lunch in the Britannia just by joining the queue. I believe dinner is possible, but has to be arranged or perhaps not now for second sitting. But I think you'll be happy in Club. The table for two we had was big enough for four, and far bigger than those in the Grills, and the tables are well spaced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Electra 7 said:

Hi could anyone tell me about Britannia club dining is it worth the extra £400 each 

If you are considering booking for 'any remaining' Staycation Cruises, I would recommend booking Club dining . You will have a dedicated table and waiter for every meal and of course it is open dining, so there no need to keep to a fixed time in the evenings. 

For the time being, ( during this climate)  the evening dining procedures in the main Britannia Restaurant have changed , one needs to book each evening, and no dedicated table/wait staff.

Whilst there is no difference in the cabin size or layout from a regular Britannia balcony cabin, the benefits booking Club are the dining experience. 

I see another poster has asked a question , "if dining in Britannia Club can one also dine in the main Britannia Restaurant" . You can, however one would have to arrange this with the Britannia Maitre'D if a vacant table is available . However, why would one want to experience a lower onboard product unless it's to dine with friends. 

Edited by Bell Boy

thanks for replying

It was because this will be our first time onboard Queen Elizabeth and people said the main dining room was nicer so it was just to see what we thought of it 

It is not for a staycation cruise we were booked on one but for health reason cannot get insurance at the moment but we are hoping to get insurance in place for November therefore thought we should treat ourselves to Club if you all thought it was worth the difference in price

We book the Club Britiannia on the QM2 and like it very much. It's like a Pre Grill Experience.

We don't mind the location of the Cabin placement except for the Deck 13 location. But we always ask for a Deck 12 cabin.

We like the open dining from 630PM during evening. Also having a set table for the three meals during the entire sailing.

It's personal preference where the cabin is located or the restaurant/cabin class passengers feel comfortable. We have been happy.

42 minutes ago, Electra 7 said:

What is the Veranda is that the Steakhouse or somewhere different is it so much better

Yes, it's the Steak house. I've never thought it worth paying for, though admittedly I'm usually in the Grills. And who wants the same menu every night and, something I've never found anywhere else on Cunard, some slightly disdainful staff? 

• Like 2

I prefer BC for the reasons stated but have no problem with fixed late seating in the main Britannia.

What is the reason for the current arrangement in Britannia?

I assume to try to space out the crowd re: COVID?

Hopefully will revert to the prior system in the future.

14 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Do not understand why anyone would book Britannia Club and then want to eat Breakfast/Lunch in Britannia MDR.

Good question majortom10. When we were last in BC we always ate breakfast in Britannia for 2 reasons:

1. Our table in BC (for 6) was not a window table. So every morning we would que up in Britannia  and request a window table.

2. We would also request that it be a table for 6-8 so that we could meet new folks and make new friends. 

For us, the strategy worked brilliantly. 

Jack

9 hours ago, Jack E Dawson said:

Good question majortom10. When we were last in BC we always ate breakfast in Britannia for 2 reasons:

1. Our table in BC (for 6) was not a window table. So every morning we would que up in Britannia  and request a window table.

2. We would also request that it be a table for 6-8 so that we could meet new folks and make new friends. 

For us, the strategy worked brilliantly. 

Jack

So as there is no difference in the staterooms as Club and Balcony are exactly the same you are paying all that extra money just for choice in time in restaurant in the evening. I think I would save my money and book a top grade Balcony cabin and eat all my main meals in MDR. The food isnt that much superior in Club to Britannia or at least IMO not worth the extra cost.

13 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

I prefer BC for the reasons stated but have no problem with fixed late seating in the main Britannia.

What is the reason for the current arrangement in Britannia?

I assume to try to space out the crowd re: COVID?

Hopefully will revert to the prior system in the future.

Exactly, for the reasons you have stated. The ship ( QE) is sailing with a reduced capacity of guests and 'an even more reduced' compliment of crew members in the various departments.  

Dining after 7pm at the moment is more popular with the guests than dining 5.30 -7pm.

Dining 7pm -9pm ( last orders 9pm) requires a booking system to allow for the kitchen and the limited wait staff to cope .

It will indeed revert back as soon as we return to some sense of normality . 

You don't say how long your cruise is so how much extra per night,  but looking at new bookings between 60 to 80 pounds per cabin .

Never sailed Brittania club . This is the only "upgrade" where you dont get a better bigger cabin as Majortom says a big premium for just flexible dining.  

Depending on whether this is a one off Cunard Cruise or part of regular cruising. 

If you are going on two cruises then for the same money , you can have two Brittania club  cruises . Or one Brittania  balcony and one Princess grill. The premium between PG and BClub, is similiar to the premium betweem BBalcony and BClub. However for the upgrade to PG brings a much bigger cabin, grills lounge , grills deck and a better menu. But once you've tried it may like it.

It is for 12 nights I had thought ok I would try it but do not like where cabins are on deck 8 I would go to cabins on deck 7 but they have gone

maybe next time for big birthday book early enough and I may get cabin on deck 7

12 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Put all your savings this time towards a PG next time , look for a bargain.  P2 on deck 4 has a wder balcony. 

But balconies on deck 4 are overlooked from above so not everyones choice.

Edited by majortom10

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

But balconies on deck 4 are overlooked from above so not everyones choice.

You still have the normal width under deck 5 plus same again which is overlooked  but only if people really lean over. Gives possibility of more sun.

1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

You still have the normal width under deck 5 plus same again which is overlooked  but only if people really lean over. Gives possibility of more sun.

Yes I know I was looking at them on QE last week because we have deck 5 booked for November and saw the deck 4 overhang.