On Getaway's Relaunch next week. Anything people want to see?

ScratchTheRat

On 9/8/2021 at 8:40 PM, OceanDreams said:

Thank you ScratchTheRat for the information. If I'm understanding you correctly is that even if we don't board the ship until the 14th yet we are arriving on the 12th. We CAN NOT see anything in Rome unless we book through the ship. If that correct?

OceanDreams

You are able to do anything you want in Italy prior to getting on the ship. You need to fill out two PLF forms. One for your airflight into rome and then the other for when you get on the cruise ship.

10 hours ago, rontron said:

You are able to do anything you want in Italy prior to getting on the ship. You need to fill out two PLF forms. One for your airflight into rome and then the other for when you get on the cruise ship.

I’m confused about the two PLF forms. When I went to the EU website to prepare the form for entry into Italy I see a place to fill out informing them I will be on a cruise ship but did not see a separate form for the the cruise ship. Is it just the same form given at the airport upon arrival and then again at cruise terminal or actually two different forms?  Thanks for clarifying. 

1 hour ago, rontron said:

I filled out two different forms because I am going to Rome a few days early. The first form I said arriving by plane and the second was checking the cruise ship box and then adding all the ports

That's interesting - I was thinking we just needed the one form to get into the country. Why do we need another form to get on the ship? I assumed the ship form option was for anyone arriving on a ship to Rome.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 3:38 PM, phoenix_joy said:

That's interesting - I was thinking we just needed the one form to get into the country. Why do we need another form to get on the ship? I assumed the ship form option was for anyone arriving on a ship to Rome.

Yes you are correct , but you will be arriving back to Italy after leaving Italy when we go to Greece and Croatia . At least that’s the way I understand it

On 9/15/2021 at 9:24 AM, rontron said:

Thank you for this information

OceanDreams

Thanks for all the comments guys! 

Home safe and lots of content to show you all when I have the time hah!

To start with, take a look at my room tour: 

I post videos every Sunday and will be posting some reports and such here too. Any questions you all have I will be happy to answer 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Thanks for all the comments guys! 

Home safe and lots of content to show you all when I have the time hah!

To start with, take a look at my room tour: 

I post videos every Sunday and will be posting some reports and such here too. Any questions you all have I will be happy to answer 🙂

Great, will have to check your video(s). 🙂 How was the booking organized for dining and entertainment during embarkation? How long the covid testing took on the port and how was it done?

18 hours ago, JezzaC said:

Great, will have to check your video(s). 🙂 How was the booking organized for dining and entertainment during embarkation? How long the covid testing took on the port and how was it done?

Dining reservations can be made on the app, on the screens around the ship and also there was a dedicated guest services desk specifically for dining where the crew member had copies of all the menus so you could browse and book. For entertainment, again app and screens but also at the Getaway Theater box office - very easy!

COVID test on embarkation was pretty quick actually, though waiting for results was a bit of a muddle. They give you a code to anonymise your results so if you do not use the TrustOne app, you have to watch on a tv screen for your code to come up then go get manually checked. Overall the process took about 30 minutes.

• Like 1

Very cool!  Thanks Scratch the Rat.  I'll be following along as you post more things.  I am currently following her around Europe via Marine traffic and the ships webcam.  🙂  What were your ports of call on this itinerary?  We are scheduled for Fall transatlantic in 2022

6 minutes ago, Andros said:

Very cool!  Thanks Scratch the Rat.  I'll be following along as you post more things.  I am currently following her around Europe via Marine traffic and the ships webcam.  🙂  What were your ports of call on this itinerary?  We are scheduled for Fall transatlantic in 2022

Dubrovnik, Corfu, Katakolon (Olympia), Santorini, Mykonos, Naples, Livorno

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 6:07 AM, ScratchTheRat said:

I will be sailing on the first cruise on Getaway out of Rome next week.

I run a vlog where I will post lots of video content (www.youtube.com/kascapades) but is there anything you guys would like to see/know? Menus etc?

Let me know here and I'll post on here next week with answers! 🙂

Any info about the ship, changes that have been made, crew and staff, will be a great help.   Thank you. 

We sail on her in January 2022.

8 hours ago, freaky_82 said:

Did NCL provide free transport to downtown or an area of interest at any of the ports? 

Was Dubrovnik a tender or port call?

Thank you very much for offering to answer questions. 

Dubrovnik was a port call, the only tender was Santorini.

There was free shuttles in Mykonos I believe. We personally walked everywhere so not 100% sure on the others.

• Like 1