Everything.. Norwegian Viva/Prima class #2

FreestyleNovice

On 4/7/2023 at 9:05 AM, BenCoudon said:

I am currently in Rome, cruising on the Oceania Riviera.  At a bar, I met a guy that is working for Fincantierie and he boarded my ship to do some work to prepare the introduction of the next Oceania Ship this fall.  He appeared to be quite aware of the schedule of the NCLH with Fincantierie

He said that the sea trials for the Viva are currently scheduled for the 2nd week of May.  But that is flexible.  It may happen 1 weak earlier or 1 or 2 weeks later but thus far, everything seems on schedule.

He also mentioned that several problems that have been identified during the sea trials of the Prima and since the introduction of the Prima have already been fixed on the Viva.  So he expects the sea trials to be a bit shorter this time.  But they have a big log of tests that have to be performed and all of them must be done.

For the sea trials of the Viva, this is in line with what the Fincantierie guy told me on April 7.  As it appears they are few days ahead of schedule, this is a good sign.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Wonder who is at the Helm? Could it be Captain Roger again?

Screenshot 2023-05-06 114130.png

I know this was intended to be a joke (lol) but for anyone curiously wondering who the actual Captain is, it's Captain Giorgio Voussolinos 🙂 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, romalley99 said:

I know this was intended to be a joke (lol) but for anyone curiously wondering who the actual Captain is, it's Captain Giorgio Voussolinos 🙂 

Making water and dumping poo overboard.

Docked in Trieste, unable to zoom in .. lol, Viva is the on far left approaching the dock, and both Crystal ships don't have webcams working. The Gem on the right, maybe someone will take a picture and post it

Screenshot 2023-05-07 091449.png

Screenshot 2023-05-07 090333.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Docked in Trieste, unable to zoom in .. lol, Viva is the on far left approaching the dock, and both Crystal ships don't have webcams working. The Gem on the right, maybe someone will take a picture and post it

Screenshot 2023-05-07 091449.png

Screenshot 2023-05-07 090333.png

You may remember that the Prima, after few days of sea trials, went to dry dock in Trieste for about 1 week (if I remember correctly). May be this is standard procedures for Fincantierie when they do sea trials

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 4:46 PM, romalley99 said:

What about Captain Hudson 😉 😄 

• Haha 1

if we reserve tables at the complimentary dining rooms, like hudsons, is it a big deal if we are running late or decide not to go ? we want to book something in each night but its hard to know how our children will cope after port stops and excursions literally every day. With the time change from Australia to Europe, I just don't know what to expect regarding dinner times!!! 

8 minutes ago, bianks said:

if we reserve tables at the complimentary dining rooms, like hudsons, is it a big deal if we are running late or decide not to go ? we want to book something in each night but its hard to know how our children will cope after port stops and excursions literally every day. With the time change from Australia to Europe, I just don't know what to expect regarding dinner times!!! 

I don't think you need to make reservations at neither Hudson nor the Commodore complimentary dining rooms.  Both are rather huge and never saw them with a line-up.  And  I am not even sure if they accept reservations.  You show up when ever you are ready and it will not be a problem.

• Like 2

I have a NCL Viva booking for Oct 10th in a suite - currently 125 days out but when I go to the Dining tab, all the restaurants except Los Lobos and another are available to book.  All the other ones say "reservations are not offered".  I called the Suite line and they were able to book me into a reservation for 4 restaurants. This morning, I got a rejection letter for Cagney's due to a glitch showing availability.  Does anyone know why the Viva boat doesn't allow me to make any dining reservations online? Is it because it is too new still?

@itisme1760Welcome to CC !! We had the same issues with the Prima last year, NCL blamed it on a glitch in their booking platform. The only way we could book was thru pre-cruise service which may be the same number you called. We had issues with cancellations too, called back rebooked then had additional issues. Finally gave up and waited till we boarded. 

6 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

@itisme1760Welcome to CC !! We had the same issues with the Prima last year, NCL blamed it on a glitch in their booking platform. The only way we could book was thru pre-cruise service which may be the same number you called. We had issues with cancellations too, called back rebooked then had additional issues. Finally gave up and waited till we boarded. 

Agreed.

It appears that NCL has all kind of problems to incorporate new ships into their restaurants and other amenities reservation systems.  Last year, while on the Prima, an officer explained to me that there is a component in the system that has to be completed by the staff onboard the ship.  It has someting to do with the confirmation of the number of seats available in each venue. And it cannot be done until the NCL staff has boarded the new ship, which is about 2 to 3 weeks prior to the first sailing.  So it is safe to say that the situation will repeat itself for every new ship.I had the same issue with reserving a venue for the meet & greet and the gift exchange game.  I received confirmation about 10 days prior to sailing.

• Like 2

I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere, I'd been trying to keep an eye open for it and hadn't seen anything before now.  

The Vibe on Viva is available for booking by either chat or calling NCL.  It still doesn't show up under entertainment on either the ap or the website.

We got ours:

image.png.f20a216495157b086d151f32cf165ddf.png

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere, I'd been trying to keep an eye open for it and hadn't seen anything before now.  

The Vibe on Viva is available for booking by either chat or calling NCL.  It still doesn't show up under entertainment on either the ap or the website.

We got ours:

image.png.f20a216495157b086d151f32cf165ddf.png

Thank you!   I am going to call today.   Glad you got yours as I remember you feel the same way as my family does.

• Like 1