NFL on NCL

jskinsd

I'm going on the Norwegian Encore in December and am wondering how many of the NFL games they broadcast? I was on the Carnival Mardi Gras in December 2021 and I could watch every, single game in the Pig & Anchor bar/bbq/restaurant including Sunday, Monday and Thursday night games.

Does the Norwegian Encore provide the same experience, or is it a limited number of games and/or regions?

3 minutes ago, BreakWindu said:

I'm going on the Norwegian Encore in December and am wondering how many of the NFL games they broadcast? I was on the Carnival Mardi Gras in December 2021 and I could watch every, single game in the Pig & Anchor bar/bbq/restaurant including Sunday, Monday and Thursday night games.

Does the Norwegian Encore provide the same experience, or is it a limited number of games and/or regions?

NCL is very cheap when it comes to TV channels and shows. You're mostly going to see rugby, cricket, and soccer on TV. They'll likely show a game or two of football but that's about it. Pre-Covid I cruised during the World Series and they didn't show a single game.

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

As NCL uses Sport 24 Google the website and you will see what is available "At Sea"

Thanks for this.  I certainly hope the site is wrong, or NCL has another feed available.  There are no NFL games listed for the next three weeks.  They do have opening night NBA games scheduled though

2 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

Thanks for this.  I certainly hope the site is wrong, or NCL has another feed available.  There are no NFL games listed for the next three weeks.  They do have opening night NBA games scheduled though

Just off the Prima and we had NFL football on Sunday (all 3 games), Monday and Thursday.  Of course some of those games didn't start until midnight or 1am because of the time difference when we were in the North Atlantic but they were there live.  They were not shown on Sports 24 (which was also used) but a separate channel that was only broadcasting during the NFL games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hallux said:

NCL doesn't carry NBC...

that doesn't really have any bearing on whether they can show the game or not.  I don't think NCL has any of the networks, but they do show football games.  I've seen games before and someone above just completed a cruise and confirmed that they were able to see the Sunday, Monday, and Thursday games which represent NBC, Fox, CBS, ESPN, and Amazon games

Got to love the consistency in these things then!  Like @DaCruiseBug I was on a cruise during the World Series in 2019 (meaning ONE game of interest for that sport each night) and couldn't find it ANYWHERE on the ship, but when there are 14 games on a given day for a sport they seem to find a way to pick one to show...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Just off the Prima and we had NFL football on Sunday (all 3 games), Monday and Thursday. 

Where did they show the NFL games on the Prima? Anywhere on a big screen? We will be boarding next week and want to watch the Eagles beat the Cowboys Sunday Night.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, peg013 said:

Where did they show the NFL games on the Prima? Anywhere on a big screen? We will be boarding next week and want to watch the Eagles beat the Cowboys Sunday Night.

The Local bar area but it was difficult to get a seat and even if you had one, people constantly blocked your view walking by or standing at the bar. We mainly watched in our cabin. 

Enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peg013 said:

They won't be showing that at all.  Now, if you're interested in watching the return of the Dak Attack, and the de-feathering of the little green birds, then that would be something to ask about.  HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!  :) 

• Haha 2

Just now, dbrown84 said:

They won't be showing that at all.  Now, if you're interested in watching the return of the Dak Attack, and the de-feathering of the little green birds, then that would be something to ask about.  HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!  :) 

I'm also boarding next Saturday on the Getaway and I've been following this thread with the hope to  watch the Cowboys Eagles game next Sunday night.  i would love for it to be shown on the big screen at Spice H2O, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.  I'd take the cigar lounge though

I just came off the Breakaway.  They showed NBC Sunday Night Football, and Monday Night Football.  No baseball playoffs at all (I saw someone the Mets game on their phone, I imagine the person had the video streaming package as the normal internet package was very slow).  My friend couldn't believe it, even though I knew ahead of time by reading this forum.

6 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

I'm also boarding next Saturday on the Getaway and I've been following this thread with the hope to  watch the Cowboys Eagles game next Sunday night.  i would love for it to be shown on the big screen at Spice H2O, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.  I'd take the cigar lounge though

I've been on the Getaway during NFL season and there is a good chance that the game will be on the big screen in Spice H20, depending on the time and if there are any other activities going on.  It will be on at the bar there. Your options at the Local are also much better than the Prima as there are many more TVs. Are there even TVs in the cigar lounge?  One place I have never stepped inside.

2 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I've been on the Getaway during NFL season and there is a good chance that the game will be on the big screen in Spice H20, depending on the time and if there are any other activities going on.  It will be on at the bar there. Your options at the Local are also much better than the Prima as there are many more TVs. Are there even TVs in the cigar lounge?  One place I have never stepped inside.

Yes, there is a TV in the cigar lounge.  The nice thing about watching in there is the sound is on.  Plus, I'm a cigar smoker.  The reason I'm doubtful about the big screen at H2O is because I'm interested in the Sunday night game which won't be over until almost midnight.  I'm sure there will be some party/event planned.  They may show the 1:00 and 4:00 game though.  Especially since we'll be in port this day 

• Like 1

I'm also hoping to watch the Pats game on MNF (Oct. 24th). Would be awesome on the big screen in H2O if that happens, but I'll take even watching it in my room if that's all that's available. Fingers crossed! (Watching in a bar is fine as long as I can hear the sound.)

Edited by alanstarr

I am currently on the Sun on a cruise out of Seattle. When we were at sea the Mariners were going to play their first playoff game in 21 years so I bought the streaming package, contacted the ship's IT department and hooked my laptop to one of the TVs in the sports bar so that I (and about 50 new friends) could watch them beat the Blue Jays. 

Today, the ship's TV was scheduled to show an all time stinker of a game (Bill's Steelers) so once again I worked with the ship's IT and streamed the Seahawks getting screwed by the refs (and replay officials...and their defense stunk) for about 75 seahawk fans and 2 Saints fans. 

So, if you really want to watch your team, it is possible. The stream did drop and buffer from time to time but it was still pretty  good.

6 hours ago, fastpitchdad said:

I am currently on the Sun on a cruise out of Seattle. When we were at sea the Mariners were going to play their first playoff game in 21 years so I bought the streaming package, contacted the ship's IT department and hooked my laptop to one of the TVs in the sports bar so that I (and about 50 new friends) could watch them beat the Blue Jays. 

Today, the ship's TV was scheduled to show an all time stinker of a game (Bill's Steelers) so once again I worked with the ship's IT and streamed the Seahawks getting screwed by the refs (and replay officials...and their defense stunk) for about 75 seahawk fans and 2 Saints fans. 

So, if you really want to watch your team, it is possible. The stream did drop and buffer from time to time but it was still pretty  good.

I would have been pretty mad if they were scheduled to show the Bills game and you put on the Seahawks game instead. Was the Bills game still at least showing in other places onboard?

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I would have been pretty mad if they were scheduled to show the Bills game and you put on the Seahawks game instead. Was the Bills game still at least showing in other places onboard?

Yes, of course. We just had 1 tv.

Edited by fastpitchdad

On 10/8/2022 at 10:53 PM, hallux said:

Got to love the consistency in these things then!  Like @DaCruiseBug I was on a cruise during the World Series in 2019 (meaning ONE game of interest for that sport each night) and couldn't find it ANYWHERE on the ship, but when there are 14 games on a given day for a sport they seem to find a way to pick one to show...

I have had he same experience, plenty of "national" NFL games but no World Series.

• 2 weeks later...

just returned from the Getaway.  On Sunday, they showed a 1:00 and 4:00 game on the room and bar TVs, as well as the Sunday night game on the big screen at Spice H2O.  they also showed the Monday night game on the big screen.  They showed the Thurs night game, but not on the big screen.  They showed two NBA games on opening night.  didn't see any baseball or hockey.  They keep the TV in the cigar lounge muted, which sucked

• Like 1