Drink and wine menu questions

Lbicklel

I am new to Celebrity, having just convinced all of my travel party to book Celebrity instead of a Norwegian for our next cruise.  We are booked on the Equinox in May. Everyone getting their favorite alcoholic beverages is very important! LOL. I am a little concerned that we may need to upgrade from the classic to the premium package, for at least some of the group.

Some of the specific drinks important to some in the group are:  Bloody Mary’s in the morning; white Russians, mudslides, mojitos all day; and Moscato wine with dinner in MDR. Can anyone confirm if those items are available in the classic drink package, and if not, what the pricing is? None of us are picky about alcohol brands. And none of us are beer drinkers. 

Thanks!

The mixed drinks you mention could all be made with the standard well liquors. The limit on the classic package is $9. If you require the premium brands, then you will need to upgrade. There is a comparison list on the X website. Just google the Celebrity drinks package.  Since I never drink Moscato,  I couldn't say if it's on the classic list. But you could still order it and just pay the difference in price over the classic limit.

18 minutes ago, Lbicklel said:

Some of the specific drinks important to some in the group are:  Bloody Mary’s in the morning; white Russians, mudslides, mojitos all day; and Moscato wine with dinner in MDR. Can anyone confirm if those items are available in the classic drink package, and if not, what the pricing is? None of us are picky about alcohol brands. And none of us are beer drinkers. 

Thanks!

Given that no one is picky about alcohol brands I suspect the classic package may fit very well with the bulk of your party.  And for the occasional drink which is priced above the classic price limit  that person can just pay the price differential and gratuity.  

3 hours ago, Lbicklel said:

...; and Moscato wine with dinner in MDR.

Probably not going to find Moscato onboard, but if the desire is more for a sparking Rosé, then there will probably be something like a Zonin on the classic package...

I THINK this is still the case (someone can confirm):  Any drink over the $9 per included in the package, you will only pay the difference plus gratuity (for a $12 cocktail, you’ll be billed $3 + tip).

This approach might be less expensive than the upgrade to premium if only one of you in the cabin are doing it and doing it as an occasional exception.

oops… just realized someone already mentioned this - sorry.

Edited by DenGNNJ

56 minutes ago, Cg52 said:

I agree with all above comments. It’s also important to remember that if one person in a cabin upgrades all others must as well.

I believe that is only true if you are upgrading before the cruise. Once you are on board, one person can upgrade but the other roommates do not need to. I’m sure someone will let us know if this has changed but that’s the way it always has been on Celebrity.  Other cruise lines may do it differently

9 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I believe that is only true if you are upgrading before the cruise. Once you are on board, one person can upgrade but the other roommates do not need to. I’m sure someone will let us know if this has changed but that’s the way it always has been on Celebrity.  Other cruise lines may do it differently

Thank you for that info. It’s very helpful. We have sailed with Celebrity for over 10 years and we’re always told it was all or none. Amazing what you learn on Cruise Critic.

An individual can upgrade the beverage without others in the cabin upgrading whether they upgrade before the cruise or once on the ship. All the drinks you mentioned are covered by the Classic drink package.

This link gives you a comparison of what liquors and other beverages are covered by the included a Classic Package and the Premium package.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/05_07_SP_Beverage-Package-Flyer_051721.pdf

53 minutes ago, jelayne said:

An individual can upgrade the beverage without others in the cabin upgrading whether they upgrade before the cruise or once on the ship. All the drinks you mentioned are covered by the Classic drink package.

This link gives you a comparison of what liquors and other beverages are covered by the included a Classic Package and the Premium package.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/05_07_SP_Beverage-Package-Flyer_051721.pdf

I wonder if the rules are different depending on your country. Whenever I have tried to do this it insists both passengers must purchase.

1 hour ago, Cg52 said:

I wonder if the rules are different depending on your country. Whenever I have tried to do this it insists both passengers must purchase.

We always call to upgrade.  The IT systems isn't always the best way as it has limits.  Also if you are Classic or Select in the Captains Club you get a 5% discount if you upgrade after final payment and before you board.  Elite and Elite + get a 10% discount.  The discount doesn't get applied if you upgrade through the CP.   Same applies to  upgrading from Surf to Stream internet only 1 person has to upgrade and the discounts on internet upgrade range from 10 - 35%.

5 hours ago, Cg52 said:

Thank you for that info. It’s very helpful. We have sailed with Celebrity for over 10 years and we’re always told it was all or none. Amazing what you learn on Cruise Critic.

The all or none was when choosing a beverage package under the old promotions. With AI there is nothing to choose. No requirement that if one upgrades the cabin mate must too. I think it can be done on line pre cruise.