Princess announces new 2021 American cruises

Gretchendz

Here's the announcement to TAs:

Dust off those Members Only jackets, concert Tees and leopard-skin minis, it’s time to do some flashback cruising. Or perhaps, some side-splitting laughter is just what the doctor ordered, or maybe it’s just relaxing at sea. Your clients can take their pick because Princess has it all this fall with themed cruises and new sailings from Los Angeles and San Francisco. More details are coming, but I wanted to give you the heads up so you can start spreading the word to your clients!

Fast times on the high seas: We have three 80s themed Getaway cruises planned with world-class tribute bands playing the timeless hits of rock titans like Journey, Foreigner, Bon Jovi and Hall & Oats. Dates include: Oct 18 — 5-day Cabo San Lucas Getaway; Oct 23 — 5-day West Coast Getaway with San Diego; and Nov 29 — 5-day Caribbean Getaway with Grand Turk. There will also be 80s themed trivia, TV and Movies Under the Stars programming, parties and costume nights. Word has it, the muster drill has even been renamed as the Safety Dance! (Couldn’t resist). See '80s Cruises

Laughter is the best medicine: We also have four comedy-themed cruises this fall with top headliner comedians like Carlos Oscar (former Princess Entertainer of the Year), Maryellen Hooper, Tom Cotter and more, plus classic comedy movies and TV programming, trivia and game shows. I was invited to be a headline comedian but my Agent said they couldn't afford me. Story of my life. Guests will enjoy three different performers on each of these Getaway cruises: Oct 14 and Nov 1 — 5-day West Coast Getaway with San Diego; Nov 21 — 3-day Private Island Getaway (Princess Cays); and Dec 9 — 4-day Grand Turk Getaway. See Comedy Cruises

New West Coast sailings on sale now: We’ve added 11 new 2021 sailings from either Los Angeles or San Francisco that just went on sale today. They range from 5-day West Coast Getaways to 7-, 8- and 10-day sailings along the California Coast and Mexico. We also have several other previously announced 2021 West Coast offerings this fall. See our entire 2021 West Coast Voyage List

• Like 2

I just checked out the transPacific route from LA to New Zealand on the Grand.  Really?  All suites are already sold out for October 2022.  I thought the sale opened on 9/16...today.  And what happened to Monterey?  No cruise ships allowed?

I booked the Grand for Sept 30 almost a year ago so it was not a replacement for a Hawaii cruise. Some of these cruises might be but certainly not most. 

I have been following the occupancy of my cruise and it has been 40-50% so it seems Princess is trying to fill up under selling sailings.

22 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I booked the Grand for Sept 30 almost a year ago so it was not a replacement for a Hawaii cruise. Some of these cruises might be but certainly not most. 

I have been following the occupancy of my cruise and it has been 40-50% so it seems Princess is trying to fill up under selling sailings.

If you follow the West Coast Cruise List link above, it identifies clearly the newly added sailings ... and also lists existing ones.

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

How do you follow the occupancy of the cruise. Is there a place to go check on line?

8 minutes ago, traceytd said:

How do you follow the occupancy of the cruise. Is there a place to go check on line?

Do a fake booking and it will show you available cabins.  But, this is not a "true" representation of all available cabins.  It will however give you a good idea as to occupancy. 

8 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Do a fake booking and it will show you available cabins.  But, this is not a "true" representation of all available cabins.  It will however give you a good idea as to occupancy. 

I'd say it gives you a somewhat reasonable idea of occupancy.  Two key factors are the number of GTY's not yet assigned and any number of cabins withheld from available inventory.  

• Like 1

I've looked everywhere....what is an 80's themed cruise?  If you subtract 2020-80....you get 40-65 year olds.  I'm past my prime.  This is music my children grew up on.  Will they be replacing the classic Princess Theater shows with rock groups?  Any light shone on this concept would be appreciated.  

On 9/17/2021 at 6:36 AM, cruzsnooze said:

We booked this cruise for 2023. Hope those places accept cruise ships! We were on a 30-day South Pacific when the pandemic hit and Samoa closed its ports to us. We were all worried they would quarantine us like the Diamond Princess!