Havana Cabana luggage on patio

bkrumm1204

8 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Though …. IDK …. Might just skip the whole Havana experience.  I love having a private Balcony and we really just don’t spend hours & hours by any pool. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ Plenty of time to think it over …

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

We thought it over and we decided to go from Havana back to an aft balcony cabin on the Spirit Class ships and enjoy the adult pool and hot tub of Serenity. Our 15 day cruise to Hawaii aboard Miracle will be better than any Havana cabin/pool we've had because we've sailed this cruise to Hawaii on Miracle 2 years ago.

Serenity.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, sanmarcosman said:

We thought it over and we decided to go from Havana back to an aft balcony cabin on the Spirit Class ships and enjoy the adult pool and hot tub of Serenity. Our 15 day cruise to Hawaii aboard Miracle will be better than any Havana cabin/pool we've had because we sailed this cruise to Hawaii on Miracle 2 years ago. Win-Win for us.

Serenity.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 11:08 PM, SNJCruisers said:

The only people walking by would be your neighbors that are in the same strip of lanais that you're in.

so are you saying that the "door or divider" I see in the left side of the picture, at the end of the Lanai or walk way between patio fences and glass side rail of ship, can only be used by someone with Havana Access of that is only opens in an emergency.

or

is it an entrance that can be used by anyone with Havana Access

havana3.jpg

1 hour ago, cruisegus said:

so are you saying that the "door or divider" I see in the left side of the picture, at the end of the Lanai or walk way between patio fences and glass side rail of ship, can only be used by someone with Havana Access of that is only opens in an emergency.

or

havana3.jpg

Hi,

I don’t think you were directing this question to me. But, we also understand that ONLY other Havana guests have access to this whole area. We saw 3 guys leave this patio area through this door. Assuming it locks as you shut the door.
It didn’t seem, at all, that the general cruisers were allowed access here.  Again, Just Havana guests. 🙂

BTW, Karaoke is in the Havana Bar, which IS open to everyone. 
 🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18

21 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

If your April of 2023 booking is on a Vista Class ship, keep your booking the way it is.  Try it once, if you don't like it, then you know for future sailings.  I can tell you from firsthand experience on two different 8 day Horizon sailings that is was great.  Even if you don't lay out by the pool all day, the possibility of getting into a hot tub without being inundated with kids or getting into a pool that isn't human soup is a wonderful thing.

Now, if your April of 2023 booking is on the Mardi Gras or Celebration, then change it because Havana is not worth it on those ships.

Hi,

Today we decided to change our April 2023 PANORAMA Havana Int to another Vista Class ship & Port.   We wanted Caribbean water … so going with the 8 day Horizon.  
   We talked about pros & cons of the Havana area or private Balcony. In the end, decided on regular private balcony on the Horizon.

The cost of the Havana cabins are expensive …. much rather save the extra cost towards another cruise. 🥳

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

Today we decided to change our April 2023 PANORAMA Havana Int to another Vista Class ship & Port.   We wanted Caribbean water … so going with the 8 day Horizon.  
   We talked about pros & cons of the Havana area or private Balcony. In the end, decided on regular private balcony on the Horizon.

The cost of the Havana cabins are expensive …. much rather save the extra cost towards another cruise. 🥳

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

You had an inside Havana on the Panorama.  I just priced the 4/29 8 day Horizon going to the ABC's.  An inside Havana is 2271, a cove balcony is 2691 and a deck 6 balcony is 2791.  I would never pay 400-500 more for a balcony over an inside in the Havana area.  The Havana area is never busy and is much larger than the 40 sq ft you have for your balcony.  The Havana Cabanas on the other hand would be 3891, over 1600 more than an interior.  I hope you enjoy your cruise and don't be too envious of the handful of people in the hot tubs and pool in the Havana area.

15 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

You had an inside Havana on the Panorama.  I just priced the 4/29 8 day Horizon going to the ABC's.  An inside Havana is 2271, a cove balcony is 2691 and a deck 6 balcony is 2791.  I would never pay 400-500 more for a balcony over an inside in the Havana area.  The Havana area is never busy and is much larger than the 40 sq ft you have for your balcony.  The Havana Cabanas on the other hand would be 3891, over 1600 more than an interior.  I hope you enjoy your cruise and don't be too envious of the handful of people in the hot tubs and pool in the Havana area.

Hi,

We love having our own balcony, our own space to look at the ocean 🌊!!  While we really liked the Havana photos we’ve seen, for this cruise in ‘23 we chose the Balcony.

I’m VERY fair skinned and a pool/sun soaking isn’t a safe option. Though I do enjoy sitting in the shade and people watching for a bit, till I go back inside to play Trivia, or gamble, any number of fun things inside the ship, including our balcony (when it’s shady).

I have yet to ever get in any public hot tub ….😁😁💦💦 (people pee).   

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/18/2021 at 11:22 AM, bkrumm1204 said:

We had purchased FTTF for our upcoming sailing on the Panorama.  Of course FTTF were cancelled because of Covid. We are staying in a Havana Cabana and are wondering if we might be able to drop the things we carried on onto the patio while waiting for our room.  Anyone know?  Thanks!

just watch out for porch pirates... 😁 🏴‍☠️

On 9/18/2021 at 11:32 AM, Melcoug said:

We have a Havana Cabana booked on Panorama as well.  I haven't done it before, but this was my plan for at least the carryons without any valuables. I'm sure we can't be the only ones who have had this plan!

If you trust leaving your stuff unattended, sure, why not.  It's a good idea.  But keep in mind, there are always people streaming through that area.  The first day people were "window shopping"and wanted to see what the patio area looked like.  Just a thought to keep in mind. 

Just off the 9/18/21-9/25/21 Panorama sailing: Havana Cabana deck 5

My boarding zone was not called until 12:30 and I was on the ship at 1:07.

My room was ready with my keycard on the door number. Dropped off belongings. Luggage was delivered around 1:30PM.

cabanas were very private and great for social distancing. I pretty much had the whole port side of the deck to myself. If people were looking down at me from balconies above I did not notice. Since FTTF is gone and it’s taking longer to get on board I think you’re worried for nothing IMO. You’re room should be ready.

9CC4F31C-BF8B-44BA-AF95-B29A92DBE4F5.jpeg

Edited by bdever
Picture
  • Thanks 1

I wanted to note my experience from our cruise last week. In response to all the comments about leaving valuables...of course not 🙄. My carry ons do not always have valuables in them. I keep those in my purse or a small bag with me, but we did drop off the boogie boards we carried on board because they are rather large and can't be checked. 

It was not problem leaving them on the patio before the 1:30 stateroom availability time. Patio floors are mopped roughly every other day and it was done the last day of the cruise. 

As for other passengers walking around that area, we never saw anyone walking by other than other cabana passengers or a few crew members. 

Highly recommend the cabana rooms. I don't think I'll sail on a Vista class ship without one. You do give up a bit of privacy but the patios were lovely and the Havana pool area and crew are fantastic. We barely needed to leave deck 5.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 7:48 PM, cruisegus said:

or

havana3.jpg

That door is broken. You can get out but no one can get back in