New Princess Sphere class ships?

big al

7 minutes ago, sloopsailor said:

I see a Wake View Club at the rear of deck 8 and a Beach Club at the front of deck 16, both in prime locations with views of the ocean. I wonder if these will be for everyone, or with an upcharge. And eleven hot tubs! Is that a record for a cruise ship? 

😲 you actually counted the number of cootie pools, impressive. 👍

• Haha 1

Princess has the Sun Princess now listed in their ships area including deck plans and cabin layouts.

One thing that impacts me is that mini-suites do not have bath tubs. You need to book a full suite to get one. I want a tub when cruises get over 7 days so this won't be a ship for me.

53 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I looked at the deck plans as presented on "cruise deck plans dot com" (thanks for the reference @AtlantaCruiser72).  I have to say I am intrigued by this new ship design.  For me, it is more evolutionary than Crown Class to Royal Class.  I like a lot of the flow and placement of facilities shown.  Here are some comments:

1. This information could be from a pre-release type of general information since they are not using the same names for venues that Princess used in their press release.  So, I wouldn't necessarily expect the steakhouse to be badged as Sterling versus CG.

2. I like the idea of placing the WFM amongst all the other venues on Deck 9.  I am sure they have considered wind flow and I do see lots of outdoor areas.  On some ships, the outdoor dining on Lido can be sunny or breezy, depending on location and winds.

3. True to catering to more multi-generational push, it appears to be relatively spacious areas for various age groups, including a new family space (whatever that might be).

4. The new design for Princess Live looks great with a semi-circle type layout that appears to be open to the traffic flow, much like the Explorer's Lounge is on ships that have it. 

5. Just realizing as I wrote that, that there is no Vista Lounge at all and that area on existing ships seems to be downplayed a lot in recent times.  I suppose the new Dome area elevates this type of alternative entertainment area.

6. Interesting that the large mid-ship DR's are moved aft and Main Dining is now a 3-level stack on Decks 6 thru 8.

7. Not sure how much larger the Sanctuary might be now on Deck 18 Aft and how much of that space is going to be given over to Suites access.  Of course, we also don't know how many high-priced cabanas will be placed in the area versus the more affordable loungers.

8. I cannot find any information about the Beach Club on Deck 16 forward.  Not clear, but perhaps an adult-only area.  Beyond that, it is first-come free, or is this another area for the Reserve/Suite guests?  How is it different from The Sanctuary?

9. Not clear to me what specialty dining options exist for guests beyond the steakhouse.  Not sure what the Inclusive Restaurant is on Deck 7 (not likely its real name).  Altitude on Dec 17 - is it for anyone to book?  So, it seems a lack of SD venues on this ship compared to current fleet.

10. There has been all sorts of mysterious puffery by Princess over a new concept called "360" and I don't see where that would be on Sphere.

So, I think it would be great to experience one of those Cabana cabins, but we probably won't spend the dollars required (not concerned with Reserve section).  In any case, I would be interested in trying this ship out in Caribbean sector where we have been many times and view it as going more for the ship.  So many new approaches being taking from cabins, to dining, to entertainment, I think it is worth a try sometime.

Great thoughts! You can tell that there are a lot of venues that still aren’t labelled, so more to come I’m sure. My guess on The Beach Club is that it’s an outdoor space for kids/teens, as they need one as their main areas look to be down below. I was thinking that “inclusive restaurant” could be the Reserve dining room, or maybe a no-charge but still specialty restaurant, like some other lines have. I don’t see a burger/pizza location on the Lido deck-they really need to have some food service up there, unless they expect everyone to order from the app! 

14 minutes ago, sloopsailor said:

I see a Wake View Club at the rear of deck 8 and a Beach Club at the front of deck 16, both in prime locations with views of the ocean. I wonder if these will be for everyone, or with an upcharge. And eleven hot tubs! Is that a record for a cruise ship? 

These concern me as with the word "Club" it 'feels' like an upcharge. I'm seeing a real lack of outdoor spaces front and aft for us 'commoners'.  😳

16 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

These concern me as with the word "Club" it 'feels' like an upcharge. I'm seeing a real lack of outdoor spaces front and aft for us 'commoners'.  😳

corralling the serfs would be bad publicity and a bad look for the princess empire. The number of hot tubs might have some bearing on commoner space 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, c-boy said:

corralling the serfs would be bad publicity and a bad look for the princess empire. The number of hot tubs might have some bearing on commoner space 

I agree. I’m wondering if that forward area is going to be like the adult retreat? I see a nice bar there! 

262C225E-7F77-46DB-BD40-66D31149C1E2.jpeg

• Like 2

if you don't use your ordering app then, your actually going to have to get out of that lounge chair 😉, put on some clothes on and walk to deck nine to get food. Someone will reap the benefits from this planning. 

• Like 1

Looking at the deck plans on that other website, I notice that the "Altitude Restaurant" is next to a group of Signature Penthouse Suites on deck 17. Then when reading the Princess information about the ship, it appears that the Altitude will be for Signature Class suite passengers only:

image.png.9f708f507a76abd53e9e5db09174918b.png

image.png.0af2fb43a182783ba342973fce6892dc.png

Then, there is that "Inclusive Restaurant" space on deck 7. When matched with other information from Princess, this appears it might be for Reserve Class cabanas and mini-suites only:

image.png.f6f872fe4793f5dc3ab1946dd86b6166.png

Edited by sloopsailor
  • Like 3

🤦🏻‍♀️ So hubby and talked ourselves into booking the maiden voyage since we’ve never done one before, especially on a new class of ship.  Not wanting to worry about restricted outdoor areas going to waste and not needing a balcony in February, I got us an OV with a windshield view at the very front…. I thought it would be cool for going through the straits of Messina. Now I have to decide what to do about our previously scheduled Celebrity Infinity sailing in March, to Israel and Egypt from Athens. First world decisions, I know. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sloopsailor said:

Looking at the deck plans on that other website, I notice that the "Altitude Restaurant" is next to a group of Signature Penthouse Suites on deck 17. Then when reading the Princess information about the ship, it appears that the Altitude will be for Signature Class suite passengers only:

Then, there is that "Inclusive Restaurant" space on deck 7. When matched with other information from Princess, this appears it might be for Reserve Class cabanas and mini-suites only:

That is my best guess as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sloopsailor said:

I would have tended to agree, except that “suite dining room” is labelled on deck 8, and it matches the rendering of the room that you can find online. I don’t think they would have more than one restaurant for suite Guests. Plus-the Altitude space is way too small for as many suites as they have. Maybe it’s an up charge restaurant for suites! 😉

Edited by Dunk
Addition

21 minutes ago, Dunk said:

I would have tended to agree, except that “suite dining room” is labelled on deck 8, and it matches the rendering of the room that you can find online. I don’t think they would have more than one restaurant for suite Guests. Plus-the Altitude space is way too small for as many suites as they have. Maybe it’s an up charge restaurant for suites! 😉

Unless the one on deck 7 is for the Cabana suites of which there are many. 🤷‍♀️ Putting the Signature Suite restaurant on deck 7 does not make it a ship-within-a-ship - If that is what they were going for. 

Edited by HBCcruiser

5 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Unless the one on deck 8 is for the Cabana suites of which there are many. 🤷‍♀️ Putting the Signature Suite restaurant on deck 8 does not make it a ship-within-a-ship - If that is what they were going for. 

The Cabana suites are Reserve Suites, not Signature Suites. Plus, there are regular inside cabins among the suites, which would make the “ship within a ship” thing not the case 

Edited by Dunk

12 minutes ago, Dunk said:

The Cabana suites are Reserve Suites, not Signature Suites. 

12 minutes ago, Dunk said:

The Cabana suites are Reserve Suites, not Signature Suites. 

Yes, I know. Sorry I may not have been clear. If they want to creat a true ship-within-a-ship for the Signature Suites then the bar, restaurant, lounge and Sundeck/pool area would need to be close to each other. Having the Signature Suite restaurant on deck 7 would nix that concept. In this photo of side by side decks, the Signature Suites aft area could be considered a ship-within-a-ship if the suite lounge (bar), restaurant (Altitude?) and a selected Sanctuary area were dedicated Signature Suite areas. 

2BBBE18C-96E3-4E81-B81E-B764593B247D.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Yes, I know. Sorry I may not have been clear. If they want to creat a true ship-within-a-ship for the Signature Suites then the bar, restaurant, lounge and Sundeck/pool area would need to be close to each other. Having the Signature Suite restaurant on deck 7 would nix that concept. In this photo of side by side decks, the Signature Suites aft area could be considered a ship-within-a-ship if the suite lounge (bar), restaurant (Altitude?) and a selected Sanctuary area were dedicated Signature Suite areas. 

2BBBE18C-96E3-4E81-B81E-B764593B247D.jpeg

Makes sense! I forgot to mention that the rendering of the restaurant (that matches the deck plan) was labelled “Signature Restaurant”. But for sure we’re all guessing at this point! 😊

• Like 2

On 9/25/2022 at 1:22 PM, c-boy said:

I am some what taken with the open glass design mid ship. I can see myself puling up a comfy chair and toasting  🥂 my beautiful bride after leaving  future cruise office. 

Absolutely stunning on the Mardi Gras.  Did a B2B in February and again in August/September.  Before cruising on the Sun in late 2024, we have 5 weeks reserved on the Celebration, the new version of the Mardi Gras based out of Miami with a few "tweaks".

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am not seeing any additional areas labeled on cruise deck plans..  And the deck plans are not operating on Princess web site.  To bad!!!   I would love to see some idea of how all these areas and venues will be laid out.

Looks like they went in and removed all the labels from the cruisedeckplans site