Any Recent Valuetrip.com users?

green eyed lady

9 minutes ago, galelynn said:

Does anyone know when  Value trips open up bookings for 2023?  We haven't used them in awhile and just wondering  when this might happen.

Thanks

IIRC this past year they began saying 'soon' in late October but it wasn't until late December 2021/early January 2022.  Try doing a search if you haven't already.

50 minutes ago, galelynn said:

Does anyone know when  Value trips open up bookings for 2023?  We haven't used them in awhile and just wondering  when this might happen.

Thanks

They didn’t release the 2022 dates until

after Jan 7, 2022.  Hopefully, this fall it will be earlier for the 2023 dates. 

• 2 weeks later...

First time to try this website for booking hotel. Just wanted to make sure nobody has had cc compromised using this site. It appears that the price saving compared to hotel website is substantial. Looking at Hyatt Place since Embassy Suites reviews are not the greatest. It used to be our go to hotel in Fort Lauderdale. We stayed at Hyatt Place probably 10 years ago. Thanks. Alfred

45 minutes ago, prairiesailor said:

First time to try this website for booking hotel. Just wanted to make sure nobody has had cc compromised using this site. It appears that the price saving compared to hotel website is substantial. Looking at Hyatt Place since Embassy Suites reviews are not the greatest. It used to be our go to hotel in Fort Lauderdale. We stayed at Hyatt Place probably 10 years ago. Thanks. Alfred

We did not have any problems with

Value trips in Feb. when we stayed at the Hyatt Place. 

We also stayed at the Embassy Suites, 17th Street, in March and it was nice. Crowded due to spring break and cruises, etc.

I think most of the hotels we’ve used in FLL need a little updating!  Lol 

We tried using Valu Trips to book the Hyatt Place for Thursday November 17 & Friday November 18 with checkout on November 19 to head to our cruise. We received a reply yesterday that November 18-19,2022 Valu Trips are blacked out at the Hyatt Place Ft Lauderdale. In case any is trying or thinking about those dates. Alfred

• Thanks 1

I just received a similar notice that Hyatt Place is blacked out for Sept. 23-24. I have it booked for July 24 thru/ Value Trips, however. Have used many times over the past 3=4 years with no problems at all. Hope they are not deciding to drop Hyatt Place.

Sent request mid-week last week but got the following response on Sun (7/3).

"At this time, rooms are not available at the ValueTrips.com rate for this location on the date you requested and your reservation was not booked. Value Rates are blacked out December 9-10, 2022."

48 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

Sent request mid-week last week but got the following response on Sun (7/3).

"At this time, rooms are not available at the ValueTrips.com rate for this location on the date you requested and your reservation was not booked. Value Rates are blacked out December 9-10, 2022."

It would be nice if they would update their blackout dates on their website.

If someone requests a booking…

would you please ask them if they would no that?  Helpful for everyone. TIA

• 2 months later...

We are booked for Hyatt Place in December for 2 days precruise and are looking for 2 days post cruise.  I emailed Valuetrips and they said the prices for 2023 should be out in October, I keep looking but they are not updated as of today.

1 hour ago, jojl6 said:

We are booked for Hyatt Place in December for 2 days precruise and are looking for 2 days post cruise.  I emailed Valuetrips and they said the prices for 2023 should be out in October, I keep looking but they are not updated as of today.

Last year they said October, but it wasn’t until Jan 7th that it posted.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, NCTribeFan said:

I cruise in January and really don't want to wait to book but I guess I will.  I'll look for a (semi) affordable room that has a refundable rate and keep checking with ValueTrips.  Maybe they'll actually update prior to January.

A very wise decision considering how late they released the 2022 information.

On 11/29/2022 at 6:07 AM, heatheranderson13 said:

I am waiting for the 2023 prices to come out as well.  I am glad to see you deal with the hotel and there is 24 hours cancellation.  How much would a uber be from there to the port?

Uber or Lyft is $8-9 total.  Very plentiful.

29 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Uber or Lyft is $8-9 total.  Very plentiful.

And a taxi would be about $12; still cheaper than a shuttle priced per person.  Other advantages of Uber, Lyft and taxis are that they take your directly to your terminal on your time schedule.  With a hotel shuttle they have fixed departure times and stop at multiple terminals. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I tried making a reservation a little over a month ago for our cruise out of FLL using value trips for the Hyatt Place in Fort Lauderdale. 

Filled out the res request, then couldn't remember if I entered my email so I sent a follow-up email the next day.

Haven't heard back from either. Have tried calling (no answer, left a message) and tried emailing again (no answer).

Our res was for 12/23/22.

So far, not so good.

• 6 months later...

Anyone else successfully book with Valuetrips for a hotel room in Ft Lauderdale.  Sent in the form, followed with email and a phone call, so far nothing.  Have they gone out of business? (Also called Hotel and no reservation shown)

Edited by susantx3

On 6/29/2023 at 4:00 PM, susantx3 said:

Anyone else successfully book with Valuetrips for a hotel room in Ft Lauderdale.  Sent in the form, followed with email and a phone call, so far nothing.  Have they gone out of business? (Also called Hotel and no reservation shown)

Yes, I made a reservation on the website 6/15 and got confirmation on 6/23.  This is my 3rd time using them. Have you checked your spam filter? The previous time I made a reservation, the confirmation went to my spam filter.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked 2 days ago for the Hyatt Place. I’ll post what I hear. The site says that my rate is $129 for 3 days in December. I’m curious.as to the total with taxes etc. The hotel rate is from $236 per night. Since I’ve never used them before I’m curious as to how long before I hear anything. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton